Guest guest36187

Guest Petina

how do you put the dates on your timeline? We haven't put the house on the market yet as we wanted to be sure we had the visa.

Another question for all those that have made it past the post please.

How did you pay your final VAC. Did you already have the money in an Aussie account or did you transfer it from a UK account via a foreign exchange company straight to IMMI?

Thanx

maisie

Hi Maisie,

We already had the funds in our ANZ account and amongst other methods, they asked for a bank cheque. Thicko me misinterpreted that to mean just a cheque so I couriered a cheque from our personal ANZ account over to Perth. They rejected it so we had a bit of a drama arranging for my very heavily pregnant daughter to call in the branch to pick up the bank cheque (bankers draft) but ANZ were lovely and helpful. She sent it by Auspost signed for and we got the grant email a few days later.

I think times have moved along at DIAB now and you can pay electronically (someone correct me if I'm wrong)so it might be a simpler transaction.

Just so you know, it really hurts handing over your life savings so please try and live long enough to qualify for the Aussie pension!

Regards, Val

• Like 1

Another question for all those that have made it past the post please.

How did you pay your final VAC. Did you already have the money in an Aussie account or did you transfer it from a UK account via a foreign exchange company straight to IMMI?

Thanx

maisie

Hi

We paid our 2nd VAC last month and the was no option to pay by electronic transfer so therefore you cannot instruct the foreign exchange company to pay on your behalf by that method

Barry

Hi

We paid our 2nd VAC last month and the was no option to pay by electronic transfer so therefore you cannot instruct the foreign exchange company to pay on your behalf by that method

Barry

Thank you Barry - can I ask if you payed with a bankers draft? I'm a bit confused with all this?

maisie

Hi Maisie,

We already had the funds in our ANZ account and amongst other methods, they asked for a bank cheque. Thicko me misinterpreted that to mean just a cheque so I couriered a cheque from our personal ANZ account over to Perth. They rejected it so we had a bit of a drama arranging for my very heavily pregnant daughter to call in the branch to pick up the bank cheque (bankers draft) but ANZ were lovely and helpful. She sent it by Auspost signed for and we got the grant email a few days later.

I think times have moved along at DIAB now and you can pay electronically (someone correct me if I'm wrong)so it might be a simpler transaction.

Just so you know, it really hurts handing over your life savings so please try and live long enough to qualify for the Aussie pension!

Regards, Val

Hi Val

I would have come to the same conclusion about the bank cheque too LOL. Was there any problem instructing your aussie bank to to the bank cheque cos I'm assuming you were over here ?

Laughing at your last comment hahaha! I'm hoping the stress doesn't finish me off before I get my pension :-)

Maisie x

Advice needed please. We applied for cpv143 June 13 and submitted form 80, then meds and police checks as requested. January 8th 2015 we were contacted and asked to sort aos and resubmit biometric pages of our passports, this was done by Feb 6th and since then we have heard nothing! Is there an agent who is able to offer any advice?

Hi Val

I would have come to the same conclusion about the bank cheque too LOL. Was there any problem instructing your aussie bank to to the bank cheque cos I'm assuming you were over here ?

Laughing at your last comment hahaha! I'm hoping the stress doesn't finish me off before I get my pension :-)

Maisie x

Hi M,

It wasn't something that they would have normally done but I emailed a copy of my daughters passport along with loads of information about her after having spoken to the manager on the phone. They quizzed her and checked the passport and then handed the cheque over. The manager remembered me from when we opened the account and subsequent visits to the branch. I could have gone down the conventional route but I'd already wasted most of my 28 days that DIAB allowed.

Its probably better to let your daughter have access to your Oz account as you read so many times about credit card companies declining the payment.

Maybe somebody with more recent experience can let you know which method is best.

Regards, Val

• Like 1

Thank you Barry - can I ask if you payed with a bankers draft? I'm a bit confused with all this?

maisie

Hi Maisie

We already had an account in OZ with enough funds for the 2nd vac and our plan was to transfer funds online to our daughter's account who would then go into her own bank and request a bank cheque (in UK we call it a bankers draft) payable to DIBP and send by post to Perth immi

We were, as it happens' in OZ when we were assigned a CO so we knew that the 2nd vac request was imminent so we organised the bank cheque ourselves and left it with our daughter to send to immi when it was requested . We bank with the Commonwealth Bank of Australia and they charged just A$10 to provide the cheque

One can pay by credit card but that attracts up to approx. a 3% surcharge or you could pay by credit card in GB pounds through the Australian High Commission in London but the exchange rate is set every 6 months and it could work to your disadvantage

hope this clarifies

cheers Barry

• Like 1

Hi Maisie

We already had an account in OZ with enough funds for the 2nd vac and our plan was to transfer funds online to our daughter's account who would then go into her own bank and request a bank cheque (in UK we call it a bankers draft) payable to DIBP and send by post to Perth immi

We were, as it happens' in OZ when we were assigned a CO so we knew that the 2nd vac request was imminent so we organised the bank cheque ourselves and left it with our daughter to send to immi when it was requested . We bank with the Commonwealth Bank of Australia and they charged just A$10 to provide the cheque

One can pay by credit card but that attracts up to approx. a 3% surcharge or you could pay by credit card in GB pounds through the Australian High Commission in London but the exchange rate is set every 6 months and it could work to your disadvantage

hope this clarifies

cheers Barry

Thanx Barry, I think we will probably run with your first thoughts about putting the funds into our daughter's account as I'm not sure if we will be there or not at the moment. Thank you again, explains it brilliantly :-)

Hi M,

It wasn't something that they would have normally done but I emailed a copy of my daughters passport along with loads of information about her after having spoken to the manager on the phone. They quizzed her and checked the passport and then handed the cheque over. The manager remembered me from when we opened the account and subsequent visits to the branch. I could have gone down the conventional route but I'd already wasted most of my 28 days that DIAB allowed.

Its probably better to let your daughter have access to your Oz account as you read so many times about credit card companies declining the payment.

Maybe somebody with more recent experience can let you know which method is best.

Regards, Val

Thanx Val - we had a problem paying the first VAC because the credit card company declined the payment arghhhhhh! From what I read this is pretty commonplace. Daughter is going to be well off for a short time LOL

maisie x

Guest Petina
Hi

Barry

Hi

How long did it take for the AOS to be approved through CentreLink?

Regards

Petina

Hi Val

Maisie x

I'm hoping the stress doesn't finish me off before visa grant!!

Cheers

Steve

Advice needed please. We applied for cpv143 June 13 and submitted form 80, then meds and police checks as requested. January 8th 2015 we were contacted and asked to sort aos and resubmit biometric pages of our passports, this was done by Feb 6th and since then we have heard nothing! Is there an agent who is able to offer any advice?

Hi

When you say you applied for 143 June 13, do you mean June 2013 ? or June 13, if so which year 2013 or 2014 ?

I suspect it was June 13 2013 in which case you applied exactly the date we applied so the communication on 8th January would be the CO assignment and they are asking for outstanding documentation and when that is received they will make their assessment and if everything is in order they will request the 2nd VAC

When did your sponsor submit the AOS application, was it only after immi requested it ? If so ,I have heard that,in some states, Centrelink who notify immi when the AOS is in place, sometimes drag their feet a little

I would suggest that your sponsor contact the Centrelink office where she/he submitted the application and inquire about it's progress. They may not as yet,have informed immi , which may be the hold up

Hope this helps

cheers Barry

Hi

When you say you applied for 143 June 13, do you mean June 2013 ? or June 13, if so which year 2013 or 2014 ?

I suspect it was June 13 2013 in which case you applied exactly the date we applied so the communication on 8th January would be the CO assignment and they are asking for outstanding documentation and when that is received they will make their assessment and if everything is in order they will request the 2nd VAC

When did your sponsor submit the AOS application, was it only after immi requested it ? If so ,I have heard that,in some states, Centrelink who notify immi when the AOS is in place, sometimes drag their feet a little

I would suggest that your sponsor contact the Centrelink office where she/he submitted the application and inquire about it's progress. They may not as yet,have informed immi , which may be the hold up

Hope this helps

cheers Barry

Hi Barry, we applied June 2013, same as you, also contacted by co same day as you and all requests completed by 6th feb, nothing since. Our daughter in Melbourne spoke to someone in immi (after 90 minute hol) and they would not tell her anything, we just receive automated response when we email the team at immi and my flight is booked for 23rd March as I'm to be birth partner for my daughter on 31st!!! Stressed doesnt describe it!!!

Hi Barry, we applied June 2013, same as you, also contacted by co same day as you and all requests completed by 6th feb, nothing since. Our daughter in Melbourne spoke to someone in immi (after 90 minute hol) and they would not tell her anything, we just receive automated response when we email the team at immi and my flight is booked for 23rd March as I'm to be birth partner for my daughter on 31st!!! Stressed doesnt describe it!!!

Hi

if the AOS has been OK'd and immi notified I don't really know what the answer is to your problem. One would thought emailing the CO team would be enough to get things moving or at least enough for them to tell you what the holdup is caused by.

Sometimes Perth immi do appear to be insensitive and uncaring at times and oblivious to the stress that they cause to applicants when your requests for information are seemingly ignored

what I do know is if they make a request for the 2nd VAC, you will have 28 days to pay it and if you are still in OZ when you pay it they will be aware of it and request you provide them evidence of when you intend to leave before they send you the grant email

The description of the 143 visa is "offshore" so you must be offshore when they grant it

Sorry I cannot offer more in the way of advice

cheers Barry

ps just realised I answered your post on my wife's username

Barry001

Edited by Veronique

As Barry mentioned the hold up is likely to be with Centrelink and sorting the AOS. Immigration won't chase this and you probably need to keep them informed if your sponsor hasn't heard anything within the 28 days. I don't know where your daughter lives, but it can take some time for Centrelink to sort out the AOS. Some people have been lucky in that it was done in 3 weeks. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but in our case, our sponsor was in Brisbane and it took 10 weeks for them to sort it out. Your daughter probably needs to contact the Centrelink office where she submitted the paperwork for an update.

Edited by Bridgeman

Guest becky723359

Thanks for the input guys - I'm gtarants daughter, I'm in Melbourne - AOS was issued by Centre link 27th Jan -- I rung them on that day after my local office were of little assistance.

They advised me the electronic info was sent to Immi daily so 27th Jan they should have been advised.. They also sent a letter which we decided to forward just in case -- I spoke to WA Parents team they advised couldn't hurt & the fact it was 1 day over the 28 days should be no problem bearing in mind they should have received the electronic info too.

Can I clarify - as mum says she's heading here 23rd March && should 2nd VAC not have been requested & visa granted prior -- am I correct in believing the request for 2nd Vac will go ahead but after its paid mum will need to go offshore (new Zealand) then visa is literally granted as she lands then as soon as mum lands back into Aus visa will be validated?&

So different from my own experience & so frustrating.

Thanks in advance :-)

Yes I'd say you're right Becky- that was certainly my experience- visa granted as soon as I landed offshore & validate whichever date we choose to return.

my AOS also took around 10 weeks - no reason that I could see for it to be held up for so long with Immi- they must just not want to be seen to be granting too quickly imho. Very frustrating for such an expensive visa which already has a long wait to grant. We are at their mercy. All the best with everything :)

Guest becky723359

Thanks Freesia - wish Immi would hurry up - race is on between Immi issuing , mum arriving & baby being born. You can guess the order that we're all hoping for :-/

Hello to everyone still waiting, also those, who like us are waiting to depart. The packers are here at our rental, container tomorrow. Moving into a hotel for three nights (so we have time to do a spring clean!). Friend's house for two nights, up to Heathrow on Tuesday ready for our flight on Wednesday morning (don't want to risk getting stuck on the M25 'car park'!!). Arrive in Perth on Thursday. Have warned our daughter that she will not be able to see us behind the two moving mountains of luggage

All a bit daunting, and we are a tad apprehensive; our last great adventure though.

All our best wishes to you all, YOU WILL GET THERE IN THE END . Carolyn

Hello to everyone still waiting, also those, who like us are waiting to depart. The packers are here at our rental, container tomorrow. Moving into a hotel for three nights (so we have time to do a spring clean!). Friend's house for two nights, up to Heathrow on Tuesday ready for our flight on Wednesday morning (don't want to risk getting stuck on the M25 'car park'!!). Arrive in Perth on Thursday. Have warned our daughter that she will not be able to see us behind the two moving mountains of luggage

All a bit daunting, and we are a tad apprehensive; our last great adventure though.

All our best wishes to you all, YOU WILL GET THERE IN THE END . Carolyn

Hi Carolyn

Wow - that's come round quick since you posted your visa had been granted!

I bet it is daunting and you apprehension is understandable - if you want to swap and go back in line we're happy to take your place!!

I hope that everything goes smoothly and you settle in Perth quickly as I am sure you will; we're going over to Perth in May for a holiday/fact finding mission and can't wait - we live in hope that in about a years time (less please) we may well be following in your footsteps.

Very best of luck

Steve