Guest guest36187

Hi Whites

Vava, is correct.

best way to view the fee is as a pension fund, you will not get a better return on your money than qualifiying for the oz pension for your cash after 10years work, 30years N.I. Contributions to qualify for UK pension

if you pay the same sum into a private pension you may 6% p.a. If your lucky.

money wisely invested in my view.

Yes, but it's not quite that simple is it?. Most parents will have some sort of income from the UK by the time that they get to the Aussie retirement age, even if it's just the UK State pension. The Aussie age pension reduces by 50 cents per fortnight for each dollar earned over $160 per fortnight.

see http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/enablers/income-test-pensions

Even the basic UK state pension is equivalent to more than twice this amount and a fairly small occupational pension, or reasonable savings, can easily push you over the limit of around 25,000 pounds per year. If your income is above this the Aussie age pension is zero so your "investment" return is zero. For aged parents - those over the Australian retirement age - the best bet is still the 804 visa. Have your parents come to visit you on holiday and if they like it here they can apply for the 804 visa. All being well they will then get a bridging visa which will allow them to stay here until the 804 application is finally settled. I know that immigration says that the waiting time for the 804 is up to 30 years but I doubt whether this is true. For non-aged parents the total of around $100,000 per couple needs a lot of thinking about.

Edited by johnbshepherd

Hi All, Just an update on our CPV 143 journey. We had a request for documents from the PVC Team they like us to send the police check and our medical check and also have our AoS done all with in 28 day's. We didn't think we had to do anything till mid 2015.

Anybody know why the rush ?

Hi All, Just an update on our CPV 143 journey. We had a request for documents from the PVC Team they like us to send the police check and our medical check and also have our AoS done all with in 28 day's. We didn't think we had to do anything till mid 2015.

Tony, it looks like its your turn! I reckon they must be ready to grant your visa as police and medicals are only valid for a year. AoS can take a while depending on where your sponsor lives so I advise getting on with that first then make the appointment for your medical. Police checks only take a few days.

You could be looking at an early new year grant, well done!

Cheers Val

Tony, it looks like its your turn! I reckon they must be ready to grant your visa as police and medicals are only valid for a year. AoS can take a while depending on where your sponsor lives so I advise getting on with that first then make the appointment for your medical. Police checks only take a few days.

You could be looking at an early new year grant, well done!

Cheers Val

Thanks Val, what happen to 12 to 18 months waiting time I haven't sold our house yet :arghh:

Guest geordie joe

Hi All, Just an update on our CPV 143 journey. We had a request for documents from the PVC Team they like us to send the police check and our medical check and also have our AoS done all with in 28 day's. We didn't think we had to do anything till mid 2015.Anybody know why the rush ?
That time frame is amazing Tony so much quicker than the majority of us. If you want to skip your turn we would be happy to step in :wink:Great to see things moving for folks.

Unbelievable - is this an onshore or offshore application?

You must have won the visa lottery!

Although a double edged sword if your visa depends on a house sale.

Good luck

Thanks Val, what happen to 12 to 18 months waiting time I haven't sold our house yet :arghh:

I wouldn't worry too much Tony, we got our 143 granted just over 2 years ago and we STILL haven't found a buyer. Unless you live in London you'll probably have to start thinking about it soonish though.

You have a year to validate and 5 years to come and go before it gets more complicated but I refuse to worry about it anymore because it was making me ill.

Hope it all goes smoothly for you from here.

Regards, Val

hiya Cassie1e04. Well, you look like a lucky person, and seem to have jumped a few days ahead in this visa game, going by what Barry001 said earlier. Is Immi a bit all over the place? We lodged in June 2013, and were lucky enough to be informed on acknowledgement of what we had to do and when, which in some ways makes life a bit easier. A waiting game for us all!! Interesting what you have said about viewing the ten years wait, unfortunately due to my age I may not make it, haha

Keep the info coming. C x

Hi everyone

Just to complicate the lodgement to assessment/CO assignment date, today's auto reply from immi says they are assessing applications lodged on 20 May 2013

So in 5 days they have gone from assessing applications 19 months and 2 weeks after lodgement to 18 months and 1 week after lodgement

How Tony1 got his assessment date less than 5 months after lodgement complicates it even further

Barry

PS perhaps Alan Collett of Gomatilda could throw some light on this - Please

Edited by Barry001

hi Tony

Is does seem to be extraordinarily quick - You're not already in possession of a 173 visa are you ?

hi Tony

Is does seem to be extraordinarily quick - You're not already in possession of a 173 visa are you ?

Hi All, Thanks for the replies. We were on Visa 103 but cancel that and when on to CPV143. We made an offshore application. House going up for sale next week, we have email PVC to ask about our time line. Will keep you all up to date as and when we know:wub:

Hello Tony. I am just wondering if your letter is like the one we had on acknowledgement of our 143 visa application. Our letter asked for form 80 to be completed immediately. There were further dates for medicals/police checks and AOS. We have to wait until asked before we send our police checks. Maybe the letter format has changed yet again, it is not always that clear as to the sequencing, probably someone else on this wonderful site will have further ideas!☺️

Hello Tony. I am just wondering if your letter is like the one we had on acknowledgement of our 143 visa application. Our letter asked for form 80 to be completed immediately. There were further dates for medicals/police checks and AOS. We have to wait until asked before we send our police checks. Maybe the letter format has changed yet again, it is not always that clear as to the sequencing, probably someone else on this wonderful site will have further ideas!☺️

Hi All

Here is a part of the reply we had today.

This is so called “switcher” application whereby your parents decided to switch from a non-contributory parent application lodged under subclass 103 (low cost, long wait) to a contributory subclass 143 visa application (high cost, short wait). Switcher applications are given a priority in accordance with the Ministerial direction with rationale being that we should encourage people waiting in the long visa 103 queue to pay more money and get their visa earlier if they decide to switch to a 143 visa. Different waiting periods apply to applicants who lodge 143 visa application straight away – these have to wait 18 months for allocation for assessment.

Well we didn't know this, hope the house sell quickly.

We have also discovered that there are other subtle ways in which we are penalised financially for not being able to draw an Oz state pension at the moment. There are various household and medical rebates which are only available to those drawing an Oz state pension, although this does depend on the state. In addition we have discovered that Seniors drawing an Oz state pension are entitled to a larger tax allowance, which of course we currently are not. An expensive business this parent visa lark!

Hi Bridgeman

this was my reference point http://www.britishpensions.org.au/pension-guidelines.htm

hope that helps

Hi All, Thanks for the replies. We were on Visa 103 but cancel that and when on to CPV143. We made an offshore application. House going up for sale next week, we have email PVC to ask about our time line. Will keep you all up to date as and when we know:wub:

They take the time you have been waiting in the queue for the 103 into consideration - hence the seemingly shorter wait. They did this with us as well.

Hi

How were the medicals? Any tips?

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve

Drink plenty of water before you go, you don't want to come up dry on the urine test you'll have to sit around while you top up the tank.

bit like queuing for petrol on a fuel shortage.

Edited by Cass1e04

Hi

One can send an email to Perth immi on any subject and you usually receive an auto reply within minutes

i find this very useful because the auto reply always gives the current processing/receipting dates together with other info but for about a week or more the auto reply system does not seem to be functioning

has anyone experienced to same problem ?

Veronique

Hi

One can send an email to Perth immi on any subject and you usually receive an auto reply within minutes

i find this very useful because the auto reply always gives the current processing/receipting dates together with other info but for about a week or more the auto reply system does not seem to be functioning

has anyone experienced to same problem ?

Veronique

Hi Veronique

Yes I am experiencing the same non reaction from immi, even when I put "test" in the subject line.

Feels like now they have our money they're not interested.

Regards

Steve

Hi all fellow waiters, first time I've posted and our lodgement date is 28th June 2013, sent test mail to pvc on 1st December and auto response stated they are now assessing 143s with lodgement of 20th May the week b4 rep.y was 9th April so they are defo moving forward a tad quicker at mo, yippee

Hi all fellow waiters, first time I've posted and our lodgement date is 28th June 2013, sent test mail to pvc on 1st December and auto response stated they are now assessing 143s with lodgement of 20th May the week b4 rep.y was 9th April so they are defo moving forward a tad quicker at mo, yippee

Thanx Gailt - the quicker the better!

Hi everyone

Pleased to say the Perth immi auto reply email is functioning again, but assessment date is no different from a week ago ie 20 May 2013

Cheers