Guest guest36187

Just to clarify what was put on earlier. My father-in-law is paddyman1 and he application date was 4/2/13 and acknowledgement date was 14/4/13. Acknowledgement date is not the lodgement date, it is the date of the letter that is sent from immigration acknowledging your application has been received. On the acknowledgement letter is also states the lodgement date.

At the beginning of August we received a letter requesting for the AOS, medical and police check. The police check had already been done. The medical was completed on 18/8/14 and as we had one AOS rejected as my husband could not be the AOS for his dad, as he is already the AOS for his mum and step father we had to do all the paperwork again. This finally went through on 02/09/14. So apart from the police check nothing else was done before it was requested by immigration. This did slow the process down. We were not given the acknowledgment letter from our first immigration agent and if we had been those things would have been done earlier.

The second VAC was requested 03/10/14 and was paid by my FIL to our immigration agents 'go Matilda' and it was paid by them on 13/10/14. My father-in-law had his visa granted yesterday 17/10/14

so from start to finish it has taken 20.5 months. Hopefully it does get quicker for those waiting.

My FIL has booked his flight today and we will have him here end of November.

Hi. Jenn , Thanks very much for the updates

I suspected as much that lodgement had been confused with acknowledgement because on the Gainwave website the lodgement date no longer appears on the tracker after the application lodgement has been acknowledged!

It just shows that too little understanding of the terminology of the CPV process can lead to the wrong conclusions

Regards

Barry

Edited by Barry001

Guest spursno1

Hi Barry001 Just reading your timetable ,with mine my acknowledgement was may 2012 and have just had meds ets for 804 visa some 29 months still get there in the end

Regards Spurs no1

Just to clarify what was put on earlier. My father-in-law is paddyman1 and he application date was 4/2/13 and acknowledgement date was 14/4/13. Acknowledgement date is not the lodgement date, it is the date of the letter that is sent from immigration acknowledging your application has been received. On the acknowledgement letter is also states the lodgement date.

At the beginning of August we received a letter requesting for the AOS, medical and police check. The police check had already been done. The medical was completed on 18/8/14 and as we had one AOS rejected as my husband could not be the AOS for his dad, as he is already the AOS for his mum and step father we had to do all the paperwork again. This finally went through on 02/09/14. So apart from the police check nothing else was done before it was requested by immigration. This did slow the process down. We were not given the acknowledgment letter from our first immigration agent and if we had been those things would have been done earlier.

The second VAC was requested 03/10/14 and was paid by my FIL to our immigration agents 'go Matilda' and it was paid by them on 13/10/14. My father-in-law had his visa granted yesterday 17/10/14

so from start to finish it has taken 20.5 months. Hopefully it does get quicker for those waiting.

My FIL has booked his flight today and we will have him here end of November.

Thanks for clarification Jen we are 2 months behind you so should get case officer soon

Guest jen1977
Hi Jen ,thank you for providing your FIL's timeline - just a small point, when immi requested medical ,AOS etc was that also the CO assignment date?

It seems as though it can be a quick process once the CO is in place if one had had all the other paperwork and medical completed

cheers Veronique

Hi Veronique,

we we received a letter end of July saying that a case officer was going to be allocated soon and we needed to complete the AOS, medical and police check. They also attached the acknowledgement letter (that we had never seen) which showed that it had been advised when to do those things. We completed everything asked and waited. The next thing we heard on 3/10/14 was a second VAC payment. Nothing about at CO, but you can only assume that a CO had been assigned at that stage. The visa has been granted now and again nothing heard about a CO.

Hi All, We going through with CPV 143, does anyone know when we paid the 2nd charge and been granted the visa how long before we must move to Australia.

Hi Tony, Basically, its five years although you do have to go there to validate within a year. After that you can come and go. We got our CPV143 in 2012 and we are still here in the uk. On our grant letter is says October 2017.

Unsold house, good jobs and aged parents are still keeping us here for now. If we win the lottery it might be a different story (haha!)

Besf of luck! Val

Hi Tony, Basically, its five years although you do have to go there to validate within a year. After that you can come and go. We got our CPV143 in 2012 and we are still here in the uk. On our grant letter is says October 2017.

Unsold house, good jobs and aged parents are still keeping us here for now. If we win the lottery it might be a different story (haha!)

Besf of luck! Val

Thanks Val for the quick reply, A year that's okay, We think end of 2015 for the visa late 2016 move to Australia.

Hi Val

Still no luck with the house? That must be so frustrating. Houses round here are moving like glue at the moment as well. I do hope you get a buyer soon.

Hi there, Unfortunately no viewings, plus the lady next door passed away and her daughters have put the house on the market at 10k less than mine. Its had no viewings either so that tells me the market is flat. We shall review the situation in the new year if nothing happens before then. It will be nice to have a traditional Christmas here this year rather than a sweaty one in Queensland though!

Its certainly a journey one way or another this parent visa lark!

Cheers, Val

Not sure where to post this query. I cannot believe that we have almost been here for 4 years. At the end of this month we are eligible to submit an application to become Australian Citizens. I am attempting to complete the form 1290 and have reached question 18. "Have you ever held an Australian Visa other than your current permanent visa?" Not sure whether to answer yes or no. What about the ETAs (Travel Visas) that we held when we came over on holiday a couple of times prior to emigrating? Do those count? If so how can I find out what date I had them?

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Julie

Hi there, Unfortunately no viewings, plus the lady next door passed away and her daughters have put the house on the market at 10k less than mine. Its had no viewings either so that tells me the market is flat. We shall review the situation in the new year if nothing happens before then. It will be nice to have a traditional Christmas here this year rather than a sweaty one in Queensland though!

Its certainly a journey one way or another this parent visa lark!

Cheers, Val

Hope you get it sold soon Val, the house next door to us went on the market at 15K less than ours, needs heaps of work doing on it cos previous owner had let it go but it sold within a couple of weeks!! I'm thinking they're going to have to spend 15 grand to put it right, why didn't they just buy mine!! I'd have given them the furniture and chucked in the mower :biglaugh:

Hope you get it sold soon Val, the house next door to us went on the market at 15K less than ours, needs heaps of work doing on it cos previous owner had let it go but it sold within a couple of weeks!! I'm thinking they're going to have to spend 15 grand to put it right, why didn't they just buy mine!! I'd have given them the furniture and chucked in the mower :biglaugh:

I will never understand the housing market or the reasons someone buys one property and not another nearby. We can only be patient and make sure we are nice and tidy at all times!

Best of luck, Val

Guest jen1977

Rich, my father-in-law had his visa approved last Friday 17/10/14. He lodged his visa 4/2/13 - so 20.5 months all up. We got a CO on 3/10/14 - so in 2 weeks it was done

Hi Rich

Auto reply from perth immi as of 1600 Perth time states that they are processing 143s lodged in March 2013

Both Andalog and jen 1977 have already stated that if your paperwork is in order the processing time is about 2 weeks

I don't really think that it is appropriate for you to ask an agent(in this case gomatilda)for info on this subject without being prepared to pay for info supplied when it appears from recent posts by you that you are already are well informed, albeit it misguided ,about the procedural process

Edited by Barry001

Hey Barry

thank you

Thats the only info i wanted and by processing time i meant, processing time for co alottment.

And im really sorry if it was not right of me to ask for such small piece of information from Alan

I thought Alan is participating in this forum just to clear our doubts and stuff. lol

p.s- next time ill post when i get my co and try not to get impatient.

Regards

Rich