Visa approved today - YAY!!!

Nats

At long last, my visa has been approved!! Didnt take very long to process at all - was the setbacks along the way before I even got to lodge the damn thing thats held us up - but nevermind, its here now and next week I'll be in Perth:biggrin:

YAYYYYYYYYYYY

Good one, well done. What visa was it and timeline?

Hey,

it is a 457, I applied 10th December, didnt get medicals done til 16th... results were held up in UK due to snow, sent by courier 29/12/09, received in Sydney 4th January 2010... due to backlog they didnt start looking at meds received 4th Jan until 14th January and hey presto - approved 18th January!!! Happy days, leave 27th- start my job 1st Feb...I hope to god Im not too jet lagged!!:cute:

x x x

Hey,

it is a 457, I applied 10th December, didnt get medicals done til 16th... results were held up in UK due to snow, sent by courier 29/12/09, received in Sydney 4th January 2010... due to backlog they didnt start looking at meds received 4th Jan until 14th January and hey presto - approved 18th January!!! Happy days, leave 27th- start my job 1st Feb...I hope to god Im not too jet lagged!!:cute:

x x x

Hi Ya

Congrats on your visa !!!

May I ask what job your in or why you had to have a medical for the 457 visa??

We have applied for 457 on Dec 30th and we read you only need a medical if you are going to work in a classroom or in a hospital situation as the UK is low risk country. Its got me a little concerned as Ive seen a few people having medicals done and worried I may be reading this wrong.

Regards

Stewart

Oh wow, you'll be here before you know it! Have you found somewhere to stay yet? Congratulations x

Ah Fiona, the hoops I have had to jump through lol

when I last spoke to you flights were booked and I was arriving 22nd Jan ... because of the visa not being processed on time I moved the flights to 27th so I now arrive 28th giving me only 2 days rest before my first day at work!! But y'know what - who cares... the extra week has been great to get packed properly & see friends & family. I have made enquiries re holiday lets ... got a couple of apartments to choose from, works out about the same price as a hotel would be for a week ... but MUST find rental within a week cos I dont want to be shelling out $700 every week for a 1 bed apt - spec when I may have to cover my mortgage pymts here in the UK until we have a secure tenant! Aggghhh ... tis stressful, but exciting ... we need to hook up for a coffee at some point seen as I'll be friendless when I arrive!!

Hope to see you soon

x x x

Hi Ya

Congrats on your visa !!!

May I ask what job your in or why you had to have a medical for the 457 visa??

We have applied for 457 on Dec 30th and we read you only need a medical if you are going to work in a classroom or in a hospital situation as the UK is low risk country. Its got me a little concerned as Ive seen a few people having medicals done and worried I may be reading this wrong.

Regards

Stewart

Hey Stewart,

Im a nurse therefore it is necessary as I will be working in a hospital. Whats your occupation??

Nats x

Hi

what type of job ave you secured in OZ

cheers

Nursing. Its a graduate Nursing Post actually - I just qualified in the UK August '09 ... so Im very pleased :biggrin: ... didnt need one-two years post reg experience like most of the nursing jobs going.

Guest nevergiveup

hi

sorry to keep pestering ,how long was the timescale,did you secure the post yourself ,and lastly did you need the Ielts test ???? or have you sat this burden of a test!!!!

sorry for all the questions,

cheers

hi

sorry to keep pestering ,how long was the timescale,did you secure the post yourself ,and lastly did you need the Ielts test ???? or have you sat this burden of a test!!!!

sorry for all the questions,

cheers

Not at all, glad to be of help. I was still a student nurse when I secured the post. I attended an emmigration fayre in Edinburgh Feb last year, made enquiries (most nursing posts require minimum of 1 or 2 years post reg experience) I approached a company offering graduate nurse posts (no experience req'd - all training on job) had informal interview there and then. They wanted me to start Aug '09 but I didnt qualify until this time therefore was accepted for Feb 2010 intake. Applied for registration with NMBWA November ... didnt get UK reg until October ... this part took ages (my fault - sent all documents uncertified) sat the IELTS 10/10/09 - got results that I had passed 23/10/09 (not required by NMBWA if nursing in the UK for 5+ years or hold post grad qualifications - would need to check their website for accurate info re this) ... LODGED VISA 10 Dec, did meds 16th December ... all in all the visa only took a few days to process after they'd reviewed medicals - would be worth getting meds in advance of applying for visa. Because my visa is a 457 (sponsored) I reckon it gets priority processing. All in all its been a year - but only due to fact I was still studying to qualify as a Nurse ... if you can find a job and sponsor its just a matter of processing. I leave next week!

Good luck with the IELTS ... its a pain in the rear!

Guest angiem75

Congratulations Nat!!:biggrin:

I applied for my 457 in Dec and my medical was delivered to HOC on the 11th so hopefully I wont be too far behind you.

Going to Queensland if we get visa, I'm so anxious!!!!

Best of luck in you new job and your new life lol

Angie

Congratulations Nat!!:biggrin:

I applied for my 457 in Dec and my medical was delivered to HOC on the 11th so hopefully I wont be too far behind you.

Going to Queensland if we get visa, I'm so anxious!!!!

Best of luck in you new job and your new life lol

Angie

Shouldnt be long now Angie. Do you have a start date for your Job? What will you be doing? I hope unlike me you have accommodation and everything sorted, friends/family out there perhaps ... Im very last minute with everything like this, its hard to plan with all the uncertainty though.

Good luck x

Guest Claire Oxenham

That is fantastic - getting your visa is the best feeling - it truly is a weight off your mind.

I lived in Perth for a while - don't forget to go swimming with whale sharks!

Guest angiem75

Hi

Mine is a long story lol

I am too a registered Nurse, been qualified nearly 4 years.

I first was offer PR in Perth in Oct 08, went through all the visa process, then out of the blue I had a Brain Haemorrhage due to an Aneurysm in April last year. I have recovered well but had to stop visa application.

Then in September last year I had an interview for a job in Queensland, private hospital and got it. Decided to go 457 as less complicated with meds.

We have family in Perth but dont know anyone in Queens so bit scared on that side of it.

The hospital is putting us up in one of their town houses for a month when we get there, hiring us a car for a week and paying for my flight, and registration. So all in all it worked out better! and the wages are a lot more too! So proves everything happens for a reason. (Although I wouldn't want to go through that again lol)

We went to Perth in 08 its lovely, life in Oz will be great. and your opportunity to progress your career will be so much better out there, NHS aint what it was.

Good luck

Angie x

Hey Stewart,

Im a nurse therefore it is necessary as I will be working in a hospital. Whats your occupation??

Nats x

Hi Nat

Thanks for your reply.

Im a electrician so should get away with out having the medical. Just seems like every one on the 457 is having medicals done. Must be loads of nurses on the 457. lol

I wish you all the best and hope it all works out well for you.

Stewe x

Oh my god Angie, thats terrible, so glad you have recovered. Fantastic relocation package you have been offered ... sadly we dont get any help with that, and I have just received an email 2 mins ago telling me the property I was hoping to reserve for one week has been taken!! Back to the drawing board ... 6 days to go before we leave & I dont have anywhere to stay!! Im staying optimistic ... hotel for a week whilst we find permanent rental, fingers crossed!!

Good luck in your New job and new life x x x

Hi Nat

Thanks for your reply.

Im a electrician so should get away with out having the medical. Just seems like every one on the 457 is having medicals done. Must be loads of nurses on the 457. lol

I wish you all the best and hope it all works out well for you.

Stewe x

I didn't have any medicals done... Application lodged on 11th Jan, will hopefully hear soon (using an agent)... Good luck Stewe and congrats Nat :cool:

Archived