Removal Company overseas removal valuation form

BuddysMum

HELP

We have just finalised the booking of our container and now we have found this HUGE document in our folder.

Has everyone had to do this?

I can understand them wanting a valuation, but this is asking us for the exact number of CDs, coats (woman), coats (child), skirts, sweaters, towels etc etc etc.

They are packing us, I thought they would be doing the itemisation.

At this stage we haven't really finalised exactly what we are taking, what we are selling and what we are dumping. HEEEEEEELP!!!!

Please give me some advice about how to get my head around all of this.

OK, breathe, breathe breathe, put the kettle on, go back to bed and hide under the covers for a month or two.......:arghh:

Guest siamsusie
HELP

We have just finalised the booking of our container and now we have found this HUGE document in our folder.

Has everyone had to do this?

I can understand them wanting a valuation, but this is asking us for the exact number of CDs, coats (woman), coats (child), skirts, sweaters, towels etc etc etc.

They are packing us, I thought they would be doing the itemisation.

At this stage we haven't really finalised exactly what we are taking, what we are selling and what we are dumping. HEEEEEEELP!!!!

Please give me some advice about how to get my heat around all of this.

OK, breathe, breathe breathe, put the kettle on, go back to bed and hide under the covers for a month or two.......

Yes I had a 4 storey house in Scotland to inventorise:skeptical: it wasnt a pleasant task and there were a few tears cried down the phone to my OH in Australia:laugh:. I counted every damned teaspoon, pillow case etc. I think if you group all items i.e. cultery, crockery, linen individually & approx. giving a value you will be fine. This form is used as an insurance form in case of a claim, and of course Quarantine will also inspect it. It is monotonous and boring but its a day out of your life. When thats done have a stiff drink! best wishes ss x PS take a photocopy of your "contents form" to take with you xx

I'm just working on mine now and I'm already in Australia! Trying to remember just how many books etc. I have in England is not at all fun.

YP, I thought that was what I was getting too so I was surprised to find they also wanted a detailed inventory. This is my second attempt at filling out this form after the first one came to an amount that far exceeded the initial estimate (made by the shippers and my family in England) and after learning how much it will cost to insure it all, I'm now having to re-jig the amount to match the original, lower, estimate. :huh: The shippers have so far been brilliant but this form.... argh :swoon:

Guest siamsusie
god, is it that detailed?? It will take me ages when I get that far then..

Julie x

It's pretty detailed Julie, but once you've got past the kitchen and linen items, the rest, room by room is ok. It's amazing how it all adds up. If you photocopy x 2, use one list as your working list then write it out neatly when you complete, then photocopy the final sheet for your own files.:wubclub: ss

I found it horrifying doing this list, realising just how much stuff I owned and it's value - and that was after the clear out.

You can lump things together as said above, ie curtains, 4 sets at $x - but bear in mind if only one set is damaged they would give you a 1/4 so you can only really do this for items of similar value.

Check the accompanying info, there is usually advice on items that are pairs etc too.

I have to say I went through the form with a fine tooth comb, then when a few bits of stuff arrived a bit damaged it seemed so much hassle to claim when i saw the paperwork , that I didnt bother!

It does have another use though - you know how much to insure your home contents for!

Don't just accept the insurance from the shipping company, work out from their documentation how much your stuff is worth then check independent companies for shipping insurance. Ours was half the price for the same cover with an independent company - there are a few just google!!

Archived