176 SS non-csl - where are you now?

Taz2008

Just to make some of you aware who may not have seen Gill's (Gollywobbler) post, that she is thinking about setting something up for people to go and have their say at Australian House.

It will be a peaceful indoor type of protest and the greater the support the more they may listen, so please go and check out her post and see if you are able to help support the PIO cause.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/71907-protest-visit-australia-house-london.html

Thanks

Tasha :wubclub:

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
we recieved the letter after our agent uploaded our police checks, seems as though its an automated response!!! Anyone heard anything about the meeting that was to b held this month with the states??? hoping there might be some hope there. I was adviced by my agent that the state sponsorship centres are not to happy with what has happened, each state has granted sponsorship according to the different states needs. so why the generalisation????

maybe I do need to accept that my case will not be looked at for another 2-3 years???? its just so hard to do though :-(

Hi Cherise

I think the meeting is on around the 6th/7th November. Although it will not be made public this meeting, so we may never know what has been said from the states.

Lets hope they have the ability to ensure positive changes to their state sponsor regime. Time will tell I suppose!

Hi, please could you add us to your timeline records? Thanks!

NAME:P1UG

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION: N/A

DATE OF 176 VISA APPLICATION: 13/09/09

DATE SS RECD: 04/08/09

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: 19/10/09

ADDITIONAL INFO:

Guest VickyMel
Although it will not be made public this meeting, so we may never know what has been said from the states.

Bump:

Ahhhh but surely we will get some gossip / rumours that will hopefully keep us wondering and hoping a little bit longer... :twitcy:

Bump:

Ahhhh but surely we will get some gossip / rumours that will hopefully keep us wondering and hoping a little bit longer...

Ooops, we go bump again :biggrin:

Hi Vicky,

Lets hope some gossip comes out of the meetings, but I personally think they will be tight lipped and not let much out until the DIAC let us know what the new CSL/MODL changes are going to be next year.

Lets hope one of our super, smashing, great agents on here get some info for us!!!

:cute:

SEPTEMBER 2009 PRIORITY CHANGES

We need to be united on this guys... please support the cause and sign the petition, if you haven't already.

You can also get friends and family to add themselves too...

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/70367-please-support-our-petition-against-september-changes.html

Thanks

Hi McKlaut,

Good Day!

Just wanna ask about the medical. Have you waited for a medical request from CO before you went through the medical? All my docs are met also except for the PC and Medical. I have uploaded already the PC but we haven't done the medical yet. We thought it would be better to wait for the request especially now that the priorities are always changing. I believe the medical results are good for a year only.

Thanks and hope to hear from you. :smile:

Hey, looks like we've already done it once, but anyway:

NAME: McKlaut

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION: 30/06/2008

DATE SS RECD: 06/07/2009

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: 26/02/2009

ADDITIONAL INFO: All docs are met and finalized, HRC

Well I'm feeling angry all over again - I got the official letter re the changes, dated 5th november.

I had a glimmer of hope that as they were processing some cat 4's there might be a few cat5's sneak through before it all changes again (my guess is the new year= more change?)

But it looks like they'll just do the CSL's and then file their nails and tidy the office until Christmas and the next round of changes.

Truly gutted, as an off list nomination for SS, I doubt i'm ever going to be on any CSL :(

Grr, grr and thrice Grr at this whole process!

Part of me really wants to just get on with life, but the devil on my shoulder keeps me checking my 'progress' on DIAC and hoping that maybe we'll get out there next year as planned.

I need a new plan to look forward to so i can forget the old one once and for all I think.

Hi McKlaut,

Good Day!

Just wanna ask about the medical. Have you waited for a medical request from CO before you went through the medical? All my docs are met also except for the PC and Medical. I have uploaded already the PC but we haven't done the medical yet. We thought it would be better to wait for the request especially now that the priorities are always changing. I believe the medical results are good for a year only.

Thanks and hope to hear from you. :smile:

Hi Aslan,

I did my medicals on my own initiative. In fact, it's a long story. I'll tell it shortly. When it was Jan and Feb 2009 my agent was so sure that MODL would be processed in April - May-June so he dissuaded me of getting SS and resitting IELTS. I trusted him and made my meds. If acted on my own, then I would have applied for SS in Jan and more than sure would have my visas right now.

So, I've decided no more meds without request and no more strategic advice from my agent.

Hi all

I listened to the inside story radio programme last night and wondered if people think there would be any mileage in contacting Radio5 Live in the UK. They run human interest stories during their daytime programming and might be interested in covering a selection of our stories.

What do you think? In terms of outcomes then airtime generates publicity and we could try to include a call to action like 'visit gopetition.com and lend your support' or something along those lines?

If people think this is a good idea then I'm happy to email Radio5 (or any other radio station for that matter).

I feel like I need to do something to try and influence the situation!

Dan

Hi all

I listened to the inside story radio programme last night and wondered if people think there would be any mileage in contacting Radio5 Live in the UK. They run human interest stories during their daytime programming and might be interested in covering a selection of our stories.

What do you think? In terms of outcomes then airtime generates publicity and we could try to include a call to action like 'visit gopetition.com and lend your support' or something along those lines?

If people think this is a good idea then I'm happy to email Radio5 (or any other radio station for that matter).

I feel like I need to do something to try and influence the situation!

Dan

It will be nice if you are ready to do this because there is no excess of attention here. The much noise we did the better we would be heard.

Oh, and God bless you. :biggrin: (sorry, just needed some joke)

Guest VickyMel

Just positing a link to a posting made by George Lombard as it affects some on this thread

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/69774-non-csl-state-sponsored-group-5-ers-co-thread-11.html#post613842

Where he says

"Don't want to be the bearer of bad tidings however I was advised at a senior level today that there will not be any processing to completion of those who had finalised outstanding requirements by 23 September or any more recent date, ie the new priorities stand. I understand, however, that those ASPC letters mentioned in the above threads do equate more or less to the date on which your visas might otherwise have been granted."

Guest MaungMO

Hi there.

Anyone has an idea what will happen if I did get state sponsorship from 2 states? Is there any harm? Any advantages?

best

MMO

Hi there.

Anyone has an idea what will happen if I did get state sponsorship from 2 states? Is there any harm? Any advantages?

best

MMO

The way things are at the moment there is no advantage in having two lots of State Sponsorship. The DIAC only accept one as far as I am aware, so you will have to make the decision as to which state you want to go to.

Guest alansgirlfriend

NAME: Alan and Lynn

Priority No. 5

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION: May 2008

DATE SS RECD: Not yet, applied 22 July 09 ...

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: 02/02/2009

ADDITIONAL INFO: PC and Meds deadline up soon. Sold house and living with parents. Feel like giving up :(. Feel all we have been doing is paying out money and receiving bad news !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NAME: Alan and Lynn

Priority No. 5

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION: May 2008

DATE SS RECD: Not yet, applied 22 July 09 ...

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: 02/02/2009

ADDITIONAL INFO: PC and Meds deadline up soon. Sold house and living with parents. Feel like giving up :(. Feel all we have been doing is paying out money and receiving bad news !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi to another 2008 applicant!

Archived