ADDITIONAL INFO:

Guest andymags

NAME: Andy & Mags

Priority No. 5

DATE OF 176 VISA APPLICATION: 3/9/09

DATE SS RECD: 21/8/09

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED:

ADDITIONAL INFO:

176 SS non-csl - where are you now?................................where am i now...still stuck in this sh*t hole uk, and by the looks of things for quite some time......

Haaaaa, that made me laugh, great minds think alike.

Everytime i see this come up on my email "where are you now", I think the same still in this F******G place and here for a while.

Just thought i better not put it on !! haaaa... Well Done x

EMAIL FROM AGENT TODAY !!

Hi Spencer,

I hope you're well. I'm just writing to keep you in the loop about what's happening (or not) as far as DIAC and your application goes. At this point, we are waiting for a further announcement from DIAC concerning their review of the MODL and CSL lists, which will have a further impact on the priority processing structure of visa applications. Until we hear something more, the situation remains as per DIAC’s previous announcement in September, however we know there will be a further announcement when the review is finished.

Looking at the 'frequently asked questions' page on DIAC's website, you can see that the MODL is due to be finalised in “late 2009”, and arrangements for the transition to the revised legislation will be determined at that point, along with arrangements for the phasing out of the Critical Skills List. DIAC have said this will be announced once the review is finalised, so we can reasonably expect to hear something before the end of the year. We will be in touch when further news has been made available.

As backdrop to this review, we are aware that several states are now openly stating their dissatisfaction with the previous arrangements DIAC put in place in September, and are lobbying DIAC for a reinstatement of government sponsored visas as a priority path to Australia. While we can only speculate on the impact this may have at this stage, we remain hopeful that DIAC will make some allowance for applicants whose skills have been identified as ‘in demand’ at a state level.

Guest Anne Morgan

NAME: Lee & Anne Morgan

Priority No. 5

Vet Assess passed: Feb 09

175 application lodged:Feb 09

DATE OF 176 VISA APPLICATION: April 09

DARE SS Victoria RECD: June 09 (so excited)

CASE Officer allocated: 3rd Sept 09 requesting PC's and Meds

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: Problems with email - didn't see 3rd Sept email til 30th Oct! Got Meds & PC's done within week and uploaded but probably too late as passed 23rd Sept changed.

Just waiting now - nothing more we can do.

ADDITIONAL INFO: No

I read we could be looking at end 2011 or even 12 before anything moves again - does anyone know any different? L&A.

Sorry for not keeping this thread up-to-date... I have not been on PIO much lately as I have been unwell, but am back now:wink:

NAME: Alan and Lynn

Priority No. 5

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION: May 2008

DATE SS RECD: Not yet, applied 22 July 09 ...

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: 02/02/2009

ADDITIONAL INFO: PC and Meds deadline up soon. Sold house and living with parents. Feel like giving up :(. Feel all we have been doing is paying out money and receiving bad news !!

Welcome to the thread, I have added your details to the front page now. You will notice you are in grey for now as you have not got your SS, but when you get this, let me know and I will change you to the same colour as everyone else.

Thanks

Tasha

HI Guys

I am a march 2008 applicant was 175 csl then swaped to 176 wa in feb

regards

pom64

Hi Pom64 and welcome to our thread. Would you like me to add your details to the front page??? If so, fill out the info in the same format as the others and I will add you.

Thanks

Tasha

NAME:Michael and Lesley AKA The New Mr & Mrs Donnelly

Priority No.

DATE OF 176 VISA APPLICATION:1st May 2009

DATE SS RECD: 22nd May 2009

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: 23rd Sept 2009

ADDITIONAL INFO: Fed up!

Welcome to the thread, I have added your details to the front page now.

Tasha

NAME: Nick

Priority No. 5

DATE OF 176 VISA APPLICATION: 23/10/2009

DATE SS RECD: 9/10/2009 NSW

ADDITIONAL INFO:

Tasha

NAME: Andy & Mags

Priority No. 5

DATE SS RECD: 21/8/09

ADDITIONAL INFO:

Tasha

Name- donna and craig dougan and 2 kids

ocupation- carpenter

priority number 5

175 visa lodged dec 08

no ss as yet waiting

medicals and police checks done feb 09

Hi Donna, I added you to this thread a while back. You are in grey at the moment but will change to purple once you have your SS.

Cheers

Tasha

NAME: Satish & Priya with 2 kids

Priority No. 5

DATE SS RECD: 28/7/09

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED:07/09/09

DATE MEDS FINALISED:23/09/09

ADDITIONAL INFO: WAITING WAITING & WAITING!!!

Hi Satish & Priya, I added you to this thread a while back.

Cheers

Tasha

NAME: Lee & Anne Morgan

Priority No. 5

Vet Assess passed: Feb 09

175 application lodged:Feb 09

DATE OF 176 VISA APPLICATION: April 09

DARE SS Victoria RECD: June 09 (so excited)

CASE Officer allocated: 3rd Sept 09 requesting PC's and Meds

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: Problems with email - didn't see 3rd Sept email til 30th Oct! Got Meds & PC's done within week and uploaded but probably too late as passed 23rd Sept changed.

Just waiting now - nothing more we can do.

ADDITIONAL INFO: No

I read we could be looking at end 2011 or even 12 before anything moves again - does anyone know any different? L&A.

Welcome to the thread, I have added your details to the front page.

Tasha

Guest stamford77

NAME: Richard T

Priority No. 5

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION: 8/10/08

DATE SS RECD: 1/9/09

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION: 10/09/09

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: not done

ADDITIONAL INFO:

Guest bebac30

Pls add me :)

NAME: Bebac30

Priority No. 5

DATE OF 176 VISA APPLICATION: 27/10/09

DATE VIC SS RECD: 09/10/09

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: not yet

ADDITIONAL INFO:

Hi All

Bit of info from my agent you all might like to see, only applies to people with children age 15 yrs and above.

Thanks

I’m writing to raise your awareness of a potential issue following the changes to priority processing made by the Department of Immigration this past September. While we anticipate that further announcements may be made in the near future which could change things again, we need to work with the legislation and policy as it stands now, and prepare for the possibility that it may remain in place for some time.

With that in mind, one of the issues we are aware of is that of dependant applicants growing beyond dependency before the application is finalised. This email is therefore for applicants who have a dependent child aged 15 or above on the application. If this is not you, please ignore this email as it does not apply to your situation.

Under current legislation, once a child reaches the age of 18, dependency is no longer assumed and must be proven at the end of the process (i.e. when the visa application is assessed and a decision is made).

It is possible that DIAC will begin to assess applications as per an applicant's circumstances at the time of lodgement. Should they announce this, or introduce some other form of leniency or provisions to account for applicants with dependants, then we do not anticipate this will be an issue. However, should DIAC choose to keep the requirement that any dependants REMAIN dependent throughout the application process and at the end of processing when assessing applications and your child is 18 or over at that time, you may be asked to prove that they remain dependent on you. If you are unable to prove this, there is no guarantee that they will remain eligible to remain on the application.

Dependency is demonstrated through the provision of a form which we would send you at that time, and third party evidence such as confirmation that they are in full time education or require financial support to meet their basic needs. If they are in work this would need to be declared, although payslips are generally accepted as proof of low income.

We will be in touch at the time to go over this in more detail if it becomes an issue. At this stage, we are simply encouraging you to keep it in mind so that if there is a significant wait before your application is processed, appropriate decisions can be made to ensure that migrating dependents remain verifiably dependent.

This issue, among several others, is one which we hope DIAC will address in the near future, and at that time we will be in touch with firmer directions on this issue. Until that time, you are welcome to discuss this with your caseworker however we will not be able to provide you with any further information until it becomes available from DIAC themselves. Rest assured, as soon as there is any news at all, we will be in touch to let you know.

Kind Regards,

NAME: Ronnie Rocket

DATE OF 176 VISA APPLICATION: 27/08/09

DATE SS RECD: 14/08/09

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: Mid-Sept 09

ADDITIONAL INFO:

Eldest Son's medicals referred by HOC in Sydney. Awaiting completion of his medical. Hopefully this side of Christmas. And then the wait continues........

Hi please add me

Steve/Gail pom64

occupation bricklayer/site manager

application lodged feb 08

ss WA march 08

meds and pc finalised august 09 everything MET

now waiting for the unknown

Guest Louise1971

Hi please add me

Mark + Louise

occupation Fitter

175 application lodged 14/05/08

SS WA Applied 08/10/09

Meds + PC request Not Yet.

Hi Everybody some fantastic threads on here, helping to keep us sane. Life has been on hold for nearly 3 years now (had to work 12 months back in trade prior to applying).

Left the Police so I could go back into my trade to be eligible to apply for visa, was told max 10 month wait!!!

If I knew back then! Feel awful for those of you one here who have had the meds etc, just drives you insane. Was originally hoping to go out early this year but now looking like early 2013!!

Thanks again for all the info and banter on here makes you feel you are not alone.

NAME: Richard T

NAME: Lindsey & Spencer (WAITINGAME)

NAME: Bebac30

NAME: Ronnie Rocket

Steve/Gail pom64

occupation bricklayer/site manager

Mark + Louise

occupation Fitter

Welcome to all of you... and thanks for joining this thread.

I have added your details to the front page. Feel free to post any questions or queries you may have on this thread and someone will try to help you.

Also, if you find out any relevant info regarding priority 5 processing, please post it here for everyone to see.

Many thanks

Tasha :wubclub:

Guest ozziewannabees

Hi

Please can you add my details to this post:

NAME: ozziewannabees

DATE OF 176 VISA APPLICATION: 09/11/09

DATE SS RECD: 26/10/09

ADDITIONAL INFO: Message saying processing commenced 25/11/09 thats it so far

Archived