New Changes to STATE SPONSORED MIGRATION

Guest highlander

Guest SusieOR

Does all of this mean we havent heard what has gone on today??? or does it mean that we have heard & they have said nothing???

Cheers

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does all of this mean we havent heard what has gone on today??? or does it mean that we have heard & they have said nothing???

Cheers

best left to the experts - see gollywobbler / gill.

But basically - we missed nothing because it was hardly brought up?!?! `The only thing on the Agenda that seems to have been migration related was the International Student Strategy`

Guest Jamie Smith

Cheers

Option 2/ most of the discussions ahve revolved around the main news items eg student abuse and boat people.

Cheers Justin - up to speed now.,.,

Mid Novemeber for the Head of States to `grill` Mr Evans (aka. Dr No)... unconfirmed date of 7th November - but this one is behind closed doors. Think he would volunteer to be my Guy Faulks this 5th of November?

Looks like we all have another wait.....for the November meeting.....:notworthy:

Although if thats November, why are DIAC saying they can tell us more at the end of October....:confused:

Guest proud2beaussie
Hi.,., I was under the impression that Mr Evans was supposed to under some sort of `grilling` today - not seen any news regarding...apart from this news feed- Not sure what the drill is with this little number? more tests? New Australian Citizenship test launched

Nothing major there-just that they have changed the test that applicants for Australian citizenship are required to pass in order to apply for it.

And as for "grilling"-I think many PIO members would prefer to see him boiled-probably in oil if I am any judge of the current mood.:wink:

Guest TheHollies
Nothing major there-just that they have changed the test that applicants for Australian citizenship are required to pass in order to apply for it.

And as for "grilling"-I think many PIO members would prefer to see him boiled-probably in oil if I am any judge of the current mood.:wink:

:yes:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi All

I was asleep in bed during the early part of the meeting today. By the time I got up and logged on it was nearly 6pm in Canberra.

The stuff I saw nearly all centred on unauthorised boat arrivals. It is pretty obvious that the Minister believes that the Aussie voter demands that he should cut the number of skilled migrants hoping to head for Australia. He seems to be determined to obey the wishes of Aussie workers and the militant Aussie trades unions.

There is no political opposition to the Minister's intentions so he had a very smooth ride.

His ideas for how to clear the backlog of GSM applications are barmy but again nobody is sufficiently interested to want to oppose him.

With no opposition Senator Evans can do as he pleases and we are powerless to stop him. It is very disappointing.

Cheers

Gill

Guest jains005

should i be sad that nothing good came out of todays meeting....??

or should i be happy that i didnt hear anything negative from today's meeting....??? :)

it's very much clear that the entire migration scene is absurd....so that there can't be any meeting or discussion on it...

where you all got the info about the discussion in Nov? will that also be like this??

Guest Gollywobbler
should i be sad that nothing good came out of todays meeting....??

or should i be happy that i didnt hear anything negative from today's meeting....??? :)

it's very much clear that the entire migration scene is absurd....so that there can't be any meeting or discussion on it...

where you all got the info about the discussion in Nov? will that also be like this??

Hi Jains

We found out about the November meeting because one of the Managers in one of the State Immi Depts told one of our members about it and then George Lombard (a migration agent in Sydney) mentioned it as well.

It won't be like today's meeting. The discussions will happen behind closed doors and mostly the outcomes won't be disclosed to the public.

Having watched Senator Evans in action for about 3 hours today, I don't think the State Governments will succeed in persuading him to change his mind about this new Plan C of his.

Cheers

Gill

Hi Jains

We found out about the November meeting because one of the Managers in one of the State Immi Depts told one of our members about it and then George Lombard (a migration agent in Sydney) mentioned it as well.

It won't be like today's meeting. The discussions will happen behind closed doors and mostly the outcomes won't be disclosed to the public.

Having watched Senator Evans in action for about 3 hours today, I don't think the State Governments will succeed in persuading him to change his mind about this new Plan C of his.

Cheers

Gill

Unfortunately Gill I agree with you on this one

Been on this road for over two years now been close on so many occasions only to

Blocked by changes

Fed up with all this waiting Starting to think it will never now happen and fed up building my hopes up and being disappointed again so I do not expect any good news with the announcement that the DIAC expect to make within the next 11 days and do not expect Senator Evans to change anything after the meeting in November with the states Sorry to anyone who is trying to stay positive and hope I’m wrong

WJK

Guest jains005

there is hardly any possibility to withdraw the recent changes. still i hope there will be relaxation in this... on what criterion...i have no idea...

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi WJK

I do not expect any good news with the announcement that the DIAC expect to make within the next 11 days

What announcement, please? Have you heard something that I haven't heard? If so, please tell. We need researchers and checkers everywhere right now.

Thanks

Gill

WJK and Gollywobbler.

I agree with both of you, and the only option we can see in the near future is employer sponsorship (and everyone is gonna bombard that route)

We have been going through this process for nearly 3 years now, and like wjk have had door slammed in our faces, but we have picked ourselves up and battled on.

Me and oh discussed it last night, and have decided oz imm is NOT having any more of our hard earned money money and if we do not see a visa within the next year, we are staying putt. Like you wjk I hope I am wrong also:unsure:

Oh and another thing, if we was to wait 3yrs++ we would be too piggin old to go galavanting to the other side of the world and our 8yr old is adament she does'nt want to go, so what would it be like for her in 3yrs++ :sad:

Guest ScottishSteve
Hi there

Try to get employer sponsorship if you possibly can.

Cheers

Gill

Don't know about anyone else but I think unless your planning some holidays in Oz and going to interviews while your there, the chances are slim. Would you hire someone without meeting them? :err: Can but try though. I've been applying regardless

Is it just me or does it seem to make sense if the states get to choose who they want rather than have it imposed upon them by the government (CSL)? Surely the government could just give the regions a quota :huh:

Not for us to decide but hey, thats what I think

I think thats just the automated ' we hope to tell you more by the end of october' from the ASPC CO's that WJK is referring to.

I expect it will just be a further clarification on processing times, perhaps a where they rae up to with the CSL.

Guest johnsonclan
I think thats just the automated ' we hope to tell you more by the end of october' from the ASPC CO's that WJK is referring to.

I expect it will just be a further clarification on processing times, perhaps a where they rae up to with the CSL.

I agree with you totally. I dont expect to hear anything this side of xmas. I reckon they will say not finished CSL come end Oct and the meeting in Nov will not provide anymore info than we already have. We were within days/weeks of getting our visas and i seriously think that we were as close as we were ever going to be ? Its hard to stay positive given all thats happened. It gives us no confidence about the future as we feel if we ever get that close again the same could happen.

I just think it stinks people can be treated this way and there is nowt we can do about it

After all we spending alot of money to get there and we will b investing money once there. We will not be spongeing off the Ozzies.

Perhaps we should get a boat and start paddling and they will look after us better !!! We will be there by 2012 if we start now !!!

Sorry for moaning but really pissed off with it all, Tracy

Guest TheHollies
I agree with you totally. I dont expect to hear anything this side of xmas. I reckon they will say not finished CSL come end Oct and the meeting in Nov will not provide anymore info than we already have. We were within days/weeks of getting our visas and i seriously think that we were as close as we were ever going to be ? Its hard to stay positive given all thats happened. It gives us no confidence about the future as we feel if we ever get that close again the same could happen.

I just think it stinks people can be treated this way and there is nowt we can do about it

After all we spending alot of money to get there and we will b investing money once there. We will not be spongeing off the Ozzies.

Perhaps we should get a boat and start paddling and they will look after us better !!! We will be there by 2012 if we start now !!!

Sorry for moaning but really pissed off with it all, Tracy

with you on that :yes:

It gives us no confidence about the future as we feel if we ever get that close again the same could happen.

I agree completely. I'm not sure how i'll feel if and when my CO asks for more medicals/police checks in a few years time, will it be worth throwing more money at it again.

Right now the only news that I'll believe is an actual visa grant, anything else could always turn out to be changed again....and again....

I seem to be completely incapable of weaning myself of here....even though the best thing i can do is try to forget all about Aus right now.

I seem to be completely incapable of weaning myself of here....even though the best thing i can do is try to forget all about Aus right now.

Basil,

Completely agree,tried weaning myself of here!!!!!!!!!

It only lasted 12 minutes before the email pinged on a subscribed thread and I was back again,we must have addictive personalities.:laugh:

Rich.

Looks like we all have another wait.....for the November meeting.....:notworthy:

Although if thats November, why are DIAC saying they can tell us more at the end of October....:confused:

They lied.

Btw, I've read somewhere from Gill's post that the outcome of Nov's meeting will not be disclosed to the public, tough luck hey

I agree completely. I'm not sure how i'll feel if and when my CO asks for more medicals/police checks in a few years time, will it be worth throwing more money at it again.

Right now the only news that I'll believe is an actual visa grant, anything else could always turn out to be changed again....and again....

So much time, money and effort put into an application, I cannot see any reason why one would be surprised that you cannot forget about Aus right now, let alone wean yourself off this thread.

Archived