Guest pakistan

[h=2]Changes to Security Clearance Arrangements[/h]

ASIO will reduce the number of security clearances conducted for applicants for migration to Australia, and is budgeted to save $6.9 million over the next 4 years.Under the new arrangements, security clearances will only be required where the applicant is likely to be a risk. However, security clearances will still be required for all boat arrivals. Currently, security clearances can lead to significant delays in processing of visa applications - these can take 12 months or more for some countries. This change is a welcome one as it removes a significant processing bottleneck, and it is hoped that processing times for people applying for migration to Australia can be reduced.

http://www.acacia-au.com/immigration_portfolio_budget_2011-12.php

I got another email today for my enquire last time and this time from visit visa section..-_-

Some guy forward my mail to visitor visa section and they mailed me back saying I applied for 309 so they can't help me thankyou for you enquiry...no thank-you I already knw dat.. And the funny thing is I got to knw how many case officer works in visa section cause he mailed to all FOUR of them...:P

and here is another thing I found out if u guys know your co name you can mail them with this kind of i.d.

First name.Last name************** or

lastname.firstname

Hope this help

Edited by Amz

Guest lahorite
I got another email today for my enquire last time and this time from visit visa section..-_-

Some guy forward my mail to visitor visa section and they mailed me back saying I applied for 309 so they can't help me thankyou for you enquiry...no thank-you I already knw dat.. And the funny thing is I got to knw how many case officer works in visa section cause he mailed to all FOUR of them...:P

and here is another thing I found out if u guys know your co name you can mail them with this kind of i.d.

lastname.firstname

Hope this help

hahaha lolz kool iterpretations

Guest lahorite
you should write them an email and also call....at this rate no one will get visa before 12 months :S

no response of calls and no reply of emails...thts it...wt da fault of we lil applikants...zzzzzzzzzzzz

Guest lahorite
lolz only 4 ppl....no wonder we are sitting and waiting .........march feb applicants of other countires are getting visas :(

indiz are gtting it i knw bt y v aint...quite unfair!!

yup thats very unfair , becoz if there feb applicants are getting visas then atleast for us they shud ask for the medicals and stuff to let us know that atleast something is happening with our case.... i think feb or march applicants will hear something from them in this month and then April ones i hope sooo

lastname.firstname

Hope this help

well great work done by them , u have applied for 309 visa and they forward it to visit visa section awsome work ;) sara rona he yahii hai k they are not working efficiently even though they have a work load but atleast they shud concentrate on wht they are doing , well no wonder it takes that long time for them to make a decision

lastname.firstname

Hope this help

well great work done by them , u have applied for 309 visa and they forward it to visit visa section awsome work ;) sara rona he yahii hai k they are not working efficiently even though they have a work load but atleast they shud concentrate on wht they are doing , well no wonder it takes that long time for them to make a decision

Yeah and the funny thing is I wrote quite clearly visa type 309 in subject line.. These people are not concentrating in there work no doubt.

Changes to Security Clearance Arrangements

ASIO will reduce the number of security clearances conducted for applicants for migration to Australia, and is budgeted to save $6.9 million over the next 4 years.Under the new arrangements, security clearances will only be required where the applicant is likely to be a risk. However, security clearances will still be required for all boat arrivals. Currently, security clearances can lead to significant delays in processing of visa applications - these can take 12 months or more for some countries. This change is a welcome one as it removes a significant processing bottleneck, and it is hoped that processing times for people applying for migration to Australia can be reduced.

http://www.acacia-au.com/immigration_portfolio_budget_2011-12.php

The article u r referring is from last year not this year. Here are some interesting articles to note:

Complaint form for security check taking more than 12 months.

http://www.igis.gov.au/complaints/tips/tips_immigration.cfm

About security check of individual.

http://www.anao.gov.au/Publications/Audit-Reports/2011-2012/Security-Assessments-of-Individuals/Audit-brochure

Recent news on ASIO staff shortage due to refugees problem.

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/political-news/asio-lacks-staff-to-vet-refugees-20120625-20ykq.html

Enjoy and have a nice reading....

here is the link to check everyone's timeline. please update those you haven't as yet. thnks

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...lpaM0lENldJTkE

to save (Ctrl+s)

And if you guys ever send them any email and wonder whats gonna b there reply.. No worries here it is..

"Thank you for your enquiry.

The average processing time for Partner applications being processed by the Australian High Commission in Islamabad is 12 months. Please note that average processing times are indicative only. Processing time on individual cases may vary depending on individual circumstances and the complexity of each case. Applications which have been lodged without full and complete documentation may also take longer to finalise.

If you do not hear from us for a while, do not be concerned. You will be contacted by your case officer about any additional information or documents that may be required in order to make a decision on your application.

You are required to advise the Immigration and Citizenship Section of the Australian High Commission, Islamabad if you change address or if there is any other change to your circumstances, including marriage, separation, divorce, or birth of a child.

Please do not make arrangements to move to Australia, such as leaving your employment, vacating your home or booking travel arrangements until you are advised in writing that you have been granted a visa."

-_-

Confused whether to email or call and ask for any update....i emailed them last 13th June and recieved standard reply 26th June. My 4months wll be up on the 13th of this month :confused:

Better give them a call cause u'll get that same standard reply from email.