Guest pakistan

yaar they have specifically asked for marriage certificate by union council. But union council didn't make marriage certificate for me and asked me to make it from nadra. Now i have marriage certificate by nadra which is in turn stamped by union council. Now i am not sure if they are 2 different marriage certificates

Isn't nikkah Nama and marriage certificate the same.. I'm confused :S didn't u send ur nikkah Nama with the application.

Guest Goldcoast

yes i submitted the nikah namma in english. Marriage registration certificate is proof that your nikah namma is registered at union council.

Guest Goldcoast

yes do get it. My friend was asked for the same so i have already made it n will send it in 2 days. it takes a week to two to make it.

Guest Goldcoast

Take yours , husband's, father's and father in law ID cards to your local union council where your nikah nama is registered. They'll give you a form to fill and charge 1000rps and will make marriage registration certificate.

Only my dad is a pakistani citizen,hubby and his dad both have australian citizenship only....:S

i guess this means a trip to union council office is in order .

Thanks for helping :)

Edited by simee

Guest Zeeshu

Wifey's visa status:

Sent application to Australian Commission on 28th Nov11

Acknowledged: 7 Dec11

Medicals and further docs requested: 16 Dec11

Applied for 679 Visitor visa: 12 Mar12

679 Granted: 28 Mar12

Arrival in Australia on 679: 7 April12

Call for finalization of the application: 23 April12, asked to depart Australia to get Spouse visa granted.

Initially planned to visit NZ but ended up going to Papua New Guinea and got the visa granted.

Regards

Take yours , husband's, father's and father in law ID cards to your local union council where your nikah nama is registered. They'll give you a form to fill and charge 1000rps and will make marriage registration certificate.

hey does anyone know if its necessary for hubby's name to be on my CNIC in order for me to apply for a marriage certificate from NADRA ?

I just got a new passport made and changing name on cnic will mean spending an additional 5-7k :( i think the nikkah nama should be enought to get a marriage cert from NADRA

I didn't change my name on my ID it's still in my maiden name.. Does ur IDhas ur husband name like married to ___? If it has then I don't think it matters.. U can change it after getting ur visa.

Guest samkhan1123
Congrats sam.. Would u share ur timeline with us so we'll knw how much time was taken.

and goodluck for ur future :)

Dear amz,

Applied on 14th March 2011

Acknowledgment received and CO assigned on 19Aprill 2011

Applied for visit visa on May 2011

Visit Visa Granted on 29 May 2011

Asked for medical and police check for visa 309/100 on June 10th

Submitted medicals and police checks on 8th august 2011

Traveled to Australia on 10th August 2011

Visa granted on 26 April 2012

Made exit to kuala lampur on 27 May 2012.

Visa stamped on 29th May 2012

Now i am back to Adelaide :)

I wish u all best of luck.

did u gt assign amz?

Nopz I lodge in April and since feb and march applicant are still waiting so I'm in for a long wait I guess till June or July end...:/

did u call or mail them for y such a long wait.. And I'm gonna mail them next week so let's see wat they reply if they are gonna reply that is.

A friend of my hubby applied for his wife visa in January she did her medical in march and she is still waiting for her visa.. And when she ask abt it ahc says its clear from pakistan but they are waiting for approval from australia... So now I guess our visas are getting approved from australia.. Does anybody know abt this.