Guest pakistan

• 2 weeks later...

new to the page guys....

can I just clarify... is it really taking up to 7 years to get partner visas (as per one of the posts above!)

my sister and her partner applied for the fiancé visa 300 and they've been waiting now for almost 3 years (he is british, she is a perm resident here- also british)... they've provided everything that they had to provide and then were asked for character refs and new police checks again about 18mths ago.

I'm trying to understand how this process works bcos they literally haven't heard a single thing since then.. after reading posts in here I'm starting to think this must be normal? my concern is that my dad is basically terminally ill and its terrifying to think it might still take them another 5 years before they even get any updates or further info? they have a lawyer... but the lawyer seems to constantly tell them that there's nothing much he can do... that immigration wont tell him anything.. does this sound right?

6 hours ago, JulesJ74 said:

new to the page guys....

can I just clarify... is it really taking up to 7 years to get partner visas (as per one of the posts above!)

my sister and her partner applied for the fiancé visa 300 and they've been waiting now for almost 3 years (he is british, she is a perm resident here- also british)... they've provided everything that they had to provide and then were asked for character refs and new police checks again about 18mths ago.

I'm trying to understand how this process works bcos they literally haven't heard a single thing since then.. after reading posts in here I'm starting to think this must be normal? my concern is that my dad is basically terminally ill and its terrifying to think it might still take them another 5 years before they even get any updates or further info? they have a lawyer... but the lawyer seems to constantly tell them that there's nothing much he can do... that immigration wont tell him anything.. does this sound right?

The majority of people in this thread are not UK applicants and will have very different timelines. 

Try this thread instead  

Edited by Nemesis

Hi everyone, 

I'm new to this forum, thought of keeping you all informed of our current status.  

My wife's 309/100 submitted in May 2019 through an agent from Colombo. Police checks and Medical completed and uploaded in June 2019.

Received an email from the Home Affairs at completion of 12 months stating that your application is in progress. Your application takes time to process as we complete a number of thorough checks. 

Q1. I assume this is an auto generated email, what are your thoughts please? 

Q2. Is there an email address that we can lodge an appeal and your thoughts on that? 

Thanks 

On 21/05/2020 at 09:55, JulesJ74 said:

They need to contact the department.   Partner visa waiting times have blown out, but mainly for countries regarded as "high risk".  The UK is not a high risk country and partner visas are usually granted in a year to 18 months.  The long silence suggests the application has gone astray.

12 hours ago, M.rameez said:

Any news guys did someone receive any rfi or grants from Islamabad? 

We are writing to inform you that your application for a Partner (Provisional) visa is in progress. Your application takes time to process as we complete a number of thorough checks. 
Yesterday received this message from Islamabad....don’t know how long wait ? 

12 minutes ago, alilibra4 said:

We are writing to inform you that your application for a Partner (Provisional) visa is in progress. Your application takes time to process as we complete a number of thorough checks. 

What was your DOL? Did you query or it was an auto generated email?

9 hours ago, alilibra4 said:

Hey can you tell us this is auto generated email??

Hi All, 

Posting on behalf of someone: 

Is it necessay for women to change the passport after marriage. Can we apply the visa with her existing passport which has father's name on it instead of husband's name?

Passport offices in Pakistan are closed possibly until July so the sponsor wants to apply using the old passport right away to save time.

Can someone please advise about this? 

Thanks,

2 hours ago, HA19 said:

Hi All, 

Posting on behalf of someone: 

Is it necessay for women to change the passport after marriage. Can we apply the visa with her existing passport which has father's name on it instead of husband's name?

Passport offices in Pakistan are closed possibly until July so the sponsor wants to apply using the old passport right away to save time.

Can someone please advise about this? 

Thanks,

I changed my passport after marriage. Dont know about applying with father's name. I think it won't effect. But better to ask from registered agent. 

On 03/06/2020 at 20:33, Marium said:

I changed my passport after marriage. Dont know about applying with father's name. I think it won't effect. But better to ask from registered agent. 

Send your new passport to department before your visa granted? 

On 26/03/2020 at 18:06, CAtoAdelaide said:

My wife got an interview call on 18-Mar-2020 from Islamabad. They asked for some info. Some of the items we have already provided. We applied 309/100 on 5-Oct-2019.

Regards

Hi I lodged my 309 offshore visa in November 2019. Family visit visa in Dec 2019, which was granted for 6 months with 8503 condition (no further stay). I arrived Australia on 1 March 2020. Due to Covid, I want to stay beyond the expiry of my visit visa. Do I need to Request for removal of 8503 condition first and then apply new visit visa or what is the best way to linger on my stay further? Thanks