Guest pakistan

@Mi mi that's sad indeed. I would second Unleased786 here and strongly suggest contacting a reputable migration agent/lawyer based in Australia asap. The appeal can be made only in 28 days (or is it 21?). You would need a lawyer who knows the the legal and cultural nuisances of a Muslim/Afghan/Pakistani wedding.

4 hours ago, Mi mi said:

Thank you for your responses. I have booked an migration agent that has dealt with many applications from my background. Hopefully the process isn’t too hard. 

That’s harsh!!! 

Now it’ll take another 8 to 9 months. 

Hope tribual remit or set a side your case this time. 

On 22 April 2018 at 07:25, Mi mi said:

I have just received a refusal letter. I feel so depressed... not sure if they will accept my husband’s visa after appealing it. They refused it because at the time of our nikkah there was no documentation signed. It was just a verbal nikkah. 

OMG? Sorry about that Mi mi hopefully your appeal should come out with positive answer soon, i am also nervious still waiting for my own answer.... Good luck for all of us 

On 22 April 2018 at 07:25, Mi mi said:

I have just received a refusal letter. I feel so depressed... not sure if they will accept my husband’s visa after appealing it. They refused it because at the time of our nikkah there was no documentation signed. It was just a verbal nikkah. 

OMG? Sorry about that Mi mi hopefully your appeal should come out with positive answer soon, i am also nervious still waiting for my own answer.... Good luck to all of us 

16 minutes ago, Unleashed786 said:

Allhamdullilah allhamdullilah allhamdullilah 

my all prayers come true. Just got my grant today. So happy

my time frame 

DOL: 10-06-2017

DOI: 15-03-2018

furtther documents requested and submitted same day

DOG: 24-03-2018

Awesome. Congrats and all the best for the future.

1 hour ago, Unleashed786 said:

my time frame 

Congratulations!  All the best for the future.

2 hours ago, Unleashed786 said:

my time frame 

Congratulations ??????

2 hours ago, Unleashed786 said:

my time frame 

Congrates .... best of luck 

3 hours ago, Unleashed786 said:

my time frame 

Congratulations 

Please be careful in sending all the documents completely. Read carefully what immigration department asked you and than complete 100%, do not miss anything. Normally Nikkah mama is in Urdu but registrar has the English form also. Get Urdu and English form of Nikka Nama, filled at the same time. Any documents other than English language. It has to be translated into English signed by the rotary. Marriage certificate of Nadra and registrar are two different. You have to submit Nakka Nama and all other documents asked by them. Tally documents with check list strictly and than submit.

1 hour ago, MAKhan said:

Please be careful in sending all the documents completely. Read carefully what immigration department asked you and than complete 100%, do not miss anything. Normally Nikkah mama is in Urdu but registrar has the English form also. Get Urdu and English form of Nikka Nama, filled at the same time. Any documents other than English language. It has to be translated into English signed by the rotary. Marriage certificate of Nadra and registrar are two different. You have to submit Nakka Nama and all other documents asked by them. Tally documents with check list strictly and than submit.

+1. Each and every document that is asked for should be provided. Nikkahnama and Marriage Certificate are certainly two different documents. Nikkahnama is more of a religious contract while a Marriage Certificate is the marriage's registration with the government.

8 hours ago, Mi mi said:

I only have a marriage certificate. I’m not sure what I can do about the nikka Nama. I have only got a video of the nikkah ceremony. 

In Pakistan, the government doesn't issue a Marriage Certificate unless you present a Nikkahnama. If Afghan government does, then Nikkahnama is probably not a requirement for a marriage there? If that's the case, you should be okay with not presenting a Nikkahnama to the Immigration Department. 

In any case, I would advise you to go with your newly hired Agent's advice. Your case is now too delicate to take advice from the members here who can only speak from their limited experience and don't know the ins and outs of the law.

My case has already been refused and not having the nikkah nama has been one of the reasons. When my husband was getting the marriage Certificate at the Afghan Consulate in Peshawar they said that a nikka nama was not required. But we did need witnesses and a guardian. I have sent an email to immigration to review my case as I had provided a valid marriage certificate. I doubt they will change their mind but I pray I get a good response and they reconsider their decision. My case officer did not ask me for any information at all and had stated in the refusal letter that I did not have enough evidence to prove to be married? 

2 hours ago, Mi mi said:

My case has already been refused and not having the nikkah nama has been one of the reasons. When my husband was getting the marriage Certificate at the Afghan Consulate in Peshawar they said that a nikka nama was not required. But we did need witnesses and a guardian. I have sent an email to immigration to review my case as I had provided a valid marriage certificate. I doubt they will change their mind but I pray I get a good response and they reconsider their decision. My case officer did not ask me for any information at all and had stated in the refusal letter that I did not have enough evidence to prove to be married? 

Ah okay. Yes that seems like a harsh judgement on their part. All the best with the review :).

Thank you Andy. I have sent them an email highlighting the points that I think my case officer had assessment wrongly. This was their response: 

Thank you for your message to the Dubai Family Team at the Australian Consulate-General, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

Attachment(s) received and will be forwarded to the processing team.

Should our office require any further information, an officer will be in contact with the applicant/authorised contact person.

Hope they do something about it, and I’m praying to god that they accept my request. I wish everyone gets their visas. 

22 hours ago, Andy_ said:

Ah okay. Yes that seems like a harsh judgement on their part. All the best with the review :).