I've finally made my decision!!

Guest jackie Macdonald

Guest jackie Macdonald

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say a enormous thank you to John Locke, Quoll, London Gal, Sibling,Guruju,marriedtoanaussie,rossmoyne,Ali,Tim, Fiona and everyone else who has given me so much support on the forum over the last 5 months! I've been driving myself and everyone else crazy with my indecision but i've finally decided we're all going back to the UK and I am so happy now that I can move on with my life. I had plenty of doubts throughout this journey, but the answer came to me in the end and I am sticking with it. I have no doubt that I will get the odd pang from time to time and will wonder what our lives would have been like had we stayed but I am 100% sure my choice is the right one!

I have a hell of a lot to deal with this end, but I will get through it I'm sure. I have no regrets and have learnt so much through the experience, mainly that I am English and proud. I'm home at last!!

I wish all those who love Australia the very best as well as those who are about to venture back home!!

Jackie xx

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say a enormous thank you to John Locke, Quoll, London Gal, Sibling,Gjruju,marriedtoanaussie,rossmoyne,Al and everyone else who has given me so much support on the forum over the last 5 months! I've been driving myself and everyone else crazy with my indecision but i've finally decided we're all going back to the UK and I am so happy now that I can move on with my life. I had plenty of doubts throughout this journey, but the answer came to me in the end and I am sticking with it. I have no doubt that I will get the odd pang from time to time and will wonder what our lives would have been like had we stayed but I am 100% sure my choice is the right one!

I have a hell of a lot to deal with this end, but I will get through it I'm sure. I have no regrets and have learnt so much through the experience, mainly that I am English and proud. I'm home at last!!

I wish all those who love Australia the very best as well as those who are about to venture back home!!

Jackie xx

If living in Perth doesnt feel right .......its probably because its not right ( for you ).

You know what you are coming back to ........the good and the bad.

This island that you probably took for granted ........awaits .

Devon ,Cornwall,Northumberland, Yorkshire, Stratford on avon , Salisbury, North Yorkshire ........and loads of other stuff.

On your doorstep is europe , 25 mins on the eurotunnel.

This is your second chance .......embrace it !

Guest Magnetic6

Hi Jackie,

I've been following your posts and really felt for you and the choice you had to make.

I just want to wish you and your family all my very best wishes and good luck with everything,

Natalie x

Guest psmdwaiting

Well I'm sorry to hear that as i probably won't get to meet you now :sad: but obviously very pleased you have come to a decision that is best for you and your family.

All the best Jackie!! :yes:

Sandie x

Guest inlimbo

Good luck with your move back, I came back because my wife would not stay in Oz, I want to try Oz again sometime but my wife said she loves the UK so much more second time around which is bad news foe me.

Jackie, it's the right decision because it's your decision ... I don't envy you the organisational task ... but hey you've done it once and now that your excited about going home you'll breeze through it - Get those lists going!!

Lots of Love and Luck in the next part of your adventure

XX

Guest ElizaBee

Good for you Jackie !!

I have read some of your posts also and am really happy that you have made your decision.

We lived in Perth, went back to UK, then Melbourne and are now heading back to the Uk.

It a massive decision isn't it. It would be so much easier to just stay when your lives are so established, but the right thing to do isn't always the easiest option.

I like the way Quoll puts it - dont think of it as moving back, think of it as moving forward to a new adventure.

Guest LondonGal

Hi Jackie,

You must be so relieved!! I know hard this decision has been for you. Don't think of it as going back, it's moving on and doing what is best for you and yours.

I wish you, OH and the kids the very best of luck back home. :hug:

LG. xxx

Guest jackie Macdonald

Thank you everyone for being so kind. Nothing to stop me continuing to contribute on the forum though I shall still be about for a while. After all, it's been a big part of my life over the last few months and I'm not ready to give it up yet!!

jackie x

Guest Carrie

Congrats!

It took me a long time also to make the decision (we've been here 5 years). It's not that I didn't want to go back, I was just afraid of the enormity of the task and the ramifications of such a huge decision. Once you've made your mind up, you just slip right into the organisation of it all. We fly in 5 months and can't wait.

Good luck with your move X

Guest guest17301

I'm pleased you've made your decision Jackie. There can be nothing worse than being in limbo..now you can go ahead and get stuck into planning for your future. I wish you all the best and you will probably enjoy your last weeks in Perth all the more knowing that you're going home.

At least you had the courage to try it (unlike many) Your lives and those of your family will be richer for the experience. You shouldn't see it as mistake made....all things in life happen for a reason and you were meant to come to Perth..(if only to make you realise what you left behind!) It takes courage to admit things are not right and even more to actually do something about it. Good on ya.

Good luck girl and hope to see you on the forum for a lot longer (as long as you don't turn into an Oz basher, lol)

xx

Guest Mannys04

I am one of the new members so I've not followed your posts but obviously you have gone back on a trip to help you decide what you want to do, can I ask what influenced your final decision?

Guest jackie Macdonald
I am one of the new members so I've not followed your posts but obviously you have gone back on a trip to help you decide what you want to do, can I ask what influenced your final decision?

Hi there Mannys04, If you look back over some of my earlier posts, you'll see that I was pretty negative and miserable from the start. In the back of my mind I felt guilty about not loving it as others do and thought I should be giving it more of a go. After all, it has cost us thousands. However, I couldn't settle and got more and more depressed as time went on. It was obvious to me that my mindset wasn't going to change. Once I had set foot on my home turf, (originally it was meant to be a visit), I immediately felt my old self again and all the depression and sadness left me. I think the thought of going through that awful fear and uncertainty again was enough for me to make the final decision to stay home. I guess I knew it all along really.

jackie xx

Guest jackie Macdonald
I'm pleased you've made your decision Jackie.

Good luck girl and hope to see you on the forum for a lot longer (as long as you don't turn into an Oz basher, lol)

xx

What me and Oz basher!!!! never.

See you on FB too Fiona.

jackie xx

Guest mollymo

I'm happy I've read this thread, my wife and myself both need a change and seem to of got caught up in the whole oz thing. I lived there some time back and was happy to get home (although none of my friends could understand why \o/ ). After looking into visas (I have family working in the australian immigration dept ) I know it wont be problem as we definately have the skills plus sponsors and the money but then I looked into cost of living and more importantly what life oz has to offer and thought why all the fuss, great for some people but not for me but somehow thought I was missing something because a lot of people on here seem so desperate to start a life out there but not me. After reading this thread I've realised that I'm not alone and there is nothing wrong with me much preferring England over Australia.

I think you have made an extremely wise decision and if you embrace the good points of this country of which there are many then you will have as fruitful a life as my family intend to enjoy.

I think a lot of people get bogged down and need change like myself and instantly look towards Canada or oz as an escape without realizing that you can escape the drudgery of life and still stay in England.

Well done for having the courage to stick by your beliefs and good luck :)

Guest sharon and mark

Hi Jackie,well done on making your decision,we`ve been back 6weeks now and we`re enjoying the uk again.We did speak to you when we we`re over in oz and we know how hard the decision has been for you,making the choice to go to oz was the right thing for us to do as a famly and looking back it was an easy decision to make,coming back to the uk was also the right thing to do because my wife and daughter just didn`t want to be there but it was so much harder to make that decision to come back.We`re happy that we`re back and we`re look back on our short stay in oz and think that we`re so glad we tried it but we now know that it`s the uk where we`re happier.iIt has cost us money to go and come back but so what money doesn`t buy you happiness and we know we`re happier here than there.We went to see oasis last saturday and we went to Camden market in London on saturday what a great weekend and an experience we couldn`t have had in oz.

Guest jackie Macdonald
Hi Jackie,well done on making your decision,we`ve been back 6weeks now and we`re enjoying the uk again.We did speak to you when we we`re over in oz and we know how hard the decision has been for you,making the choice to go to oz was the right thing for us to do as a famly and looking back it was an easy decision to make,coming back to the uk was also the right thing to do because my wife and daughter just didn`t want to be there but it was so much harder to make that decision to come back.We`re happy that we`re back and we`re look back on our short stay in oz and think that we`re so glad we tried it but we now know that it`s the uk where we`re happier.iIt has cost us money to go and come back but so what money doesn`t buy you happiness and we know we`re happier here than there.We went to see oasis last saturday and we went to Camden market in London on saturday what a great weekend and an experience we couldn`t have had in oz.

Arr thanks MarkandSharon, I do indeed remember you. I can remember feeling envious too! I am so glad you made the right choice, I know I have. You certainly sound happy and yes Camden is fantastic (my sister has a boat moored there which Is brilliant as I can now stay with her on occasions). I know what you mean about the money, it has cost us thousands to go back and forth, but hey our happiness is definitely what's important. Two years down the line we'll have forgotton all about it. I am delighted for you both. Enjoy your lives, you are where you want to be.

Jackie xx

Guest John Locke

Hi Jackie, I think from your first post after touching down in the U.K it was obvious where your heart was, best wishes and good luck to you all...this talk of Camden is making me envious, the markets, a walk through to Regents park, then onto London Zoo...planning my days already! Again, best wishes Jackie!!

Archived