IELTS test resources

mr luvpants

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually did my tesk on Saturday just gone (22nd Aug) and hopefully I've done enough. Only thing I am a bit concerned about is the written test - my mind just went completely blank and I didn't quite finish it.

Luckily, I realised I was running short on time and made sure I finished the second part of the test as it carries maore points then wen't back to part one and just tried to get as much down as I could.

Here's hoping.....I'll update when the results come in.

How long did others wait for their results....anyone?

Guest Bruce n Sheila

Hi all,

we're off to Perth in Oct, having been granted a 176 Family Sponsored Visa.

My OH is a Nurse and passed the ANMC Skills Assessment last year.

She is now in the process of registering to practice in WA - does anyone know if she will deffo have to sit IELTS? - It seems a lot of dosh considering she's already been cleared, with all the supporting documentation, by ANMC - especially as this was prior to July 2009.

Hi all,

we're off to Perth in Oct, having been granted a 176 Family Sponsored Visa.

My OH is a Nurse and passed the ANMC Skills Assessment last year.

She is now in the process of registering to practice in WA - does anyone know if she will deffo have to sit IELTS? - It seems a lot of dosh considering she's already been cleared, with all the supporting documentation, by ANMC - especially as this was prior to July 2009.

Fraid so mate. EVERYONE post July 1st 2009 needs to sit an IELTS to gain registration. We also have had our ANMC done before July 1st 2009 but need ot sit the test as we were too late in getting the QLD nursing regsitration done.

JOHN

Guest fionaj123
Fraid so mate. EVERYONE post July 1st 2009 needs to sit an IELTS to gain registration. We also have had our ANMC done before July 1st 2009 but need ot sit the test as we were too late in getting the QLD nursing regsitration done.

JOHN

Isnt it an absolute pain in the rear, my other half and I worked so hard to get all my stuff together for the ANMC and to find out only last week that I have to take the bloody ilets test. I am so annoyed, yet another large amount of money to shell out. I see your wife is a nurse, I am too. When are you guys thinking of going, we are waiting until next aug/sept enough time to get a job hopefully. bye for now

Guest fionaj123
hi

We are looking at the GC and Caloundra. Depending on where Lisa gets a job is where we will be heading.You?

JOHN

we are hoping to go to north brisbane as there are loads of hospitals (it seems) but what we intend to do is get a furnished flat in the city for a month and depending on where i get a job we will try and suss out the best suberb and then rent unfurnished for 6 -12 months. we have been to oz previously for a year but we never went to brisbane. we want a new challenge and think it will be cool to try a different place.

Bit confused???? You are going for a 175 and you are applying for SS?

JOHN

Hi John

Wasn't sure if you were wondering why OH did the IELTS aswell - When we first looked into emigrating, Mark was going for a 40 point Engineering occupation so he did the IELTS to make up the extra 10 points, but then realised that he could be assessed as a Fitter (60 points and on SS lists), so needn't have done the IELTS as it turned out, but nevermind.

As soon as he had a positive skills assessment from TRA, we then applied online for a General Skilled 175 as we had enough points but basically so that we 'had a foot in the door' and paid for it before the application cost went up 1st July. A few days later we sent off our SS application to Qld - so when (hopefully!!) that gets approved, Qld should inform DIAC and our 175 changes to 176.

I believe that you can do it either way (although not sure about your case with your wife's nursing time)- apply for SS first, then once you have that granted, submit a 176 application to DIAC, otherwise do what we've done. From what I understand, once (EVENTUALLY!!!) Qld grant our SS, we accept, then they just send a Form to DIAC to notify them to change our application to a 176 and we then wait for the visa.

Hope that makes sense. Have you prepared your SS application yet? Hopefully Qld will start moving a bit quicker soon.

Mandy

Guest looby1pink

Hi

I have my IELTS on Saturday and I am so nervous about it!!. I have been revising the material but because i need to pass with a 7 in each section the pressure is seriously getting to me now.

Wish me luck guys x

Hi

I have my IELTS on Saturday and I am so nervous about it!!. I have been revising the material but because i need to pass with a 7 in each section the pressure is seriously getting to me now.

Wish me luck guys x

Hi wish you LUCK, mine is 24th Oct so busy practising. would appreciate any tips after, i have the official practice material are you doing the academic test ??

Lisa

Guest fionaj123
Hi wish you LUCK, mine is 24th Oct so busy practising. would appreciate any tips after, i have the official practice material are you doing the academic test ??

Lisa

ive got mine the 8th oct, ive received all my practice material today so i am going to start practicing tomorrow, I HATE EXAMS!!!! :realmad:

Guest looby1pink

Thanks, yep doing the academic..I find the reading the hardest because of the time limit on each one, but I will report back how it went..

Thanks, yep doing the academic..I find the reading the hardest because of the time limit on each one, but I will report back how it went..

That would be great ta, i did the general one first by mistake and it was very easy thought this will be no problem. but then did the academic and found it much harder in both reading and writing with analysing those pictures. Well i suppose its got to be done.

Good luck again

Lisa

Hi all

Just got in from work to my IELTS results.....L 8.5, R 9, W 9, S 9, overall score 9!!!!! My hands were shaking as i opened the letter!

This means once i get my ANMC stuff through we can put visa application in,happy days!

Good luck to everyone,

Natalie x

Did you do the General or Academic test?

John

Best of luck!

Don't know, it happened while I was away.

Just got a message that she was leaving - think she was getting too addicted and wrapped up in the 'virtual' world!! (She's got 4 kids and a hubby as well!!!). She wasn't in a huff or anything. Shame really, like having personalities like her around here!!

Sue x

Guest looby1pink

Hi

I had my academic IELTS test today and im praying that i dont have to go through that again, but here is a little feedback..

To be honest the listening was quite easy to pick out the answers i wrote in short hand first so i wouldnt get behind. I had quite enough time for the writing plus one of the topics was on health promotion which was a bonus being a nurse! but I stumbled towards the end of the speaking but the questions were very general. Personally I found the reading the hardest, as I did when practicing. I even jotted notes on the test sheet to try and find things quickly which helped.

It was a very long morning, especially with driving there and straight into 3 tests back to back, so i would suggest filling up with plenty of food before hand. I just hope I did enough and im sure it is the same for everyone who goes through the process.....good luck everyone and dont forget a pencil and a drink.

Lou x

At last I have my results, that was a long two weeks!

Anyway, I'm so relieved. Listening 8.5, Writing 8.5 Reading and Speaking both 9, overall score is a 9. Woohoo!

Good luck to everyone else!

At last I have my results, that was a long two weeks!

Anyway, I'm so relieved. Listening 8.5, Writing 8.5 Reading and Speaking both 9, overall score is a 9. Woohoo!

Good luck to everyone else!

WELL DONE!!! I have mine on the 24th Oct not looking foward to it. I have been practicing on line and bought the official book. Did you do anything to get ready for the test???

Lisa

Archived