IELTS test resources

mr luvpants

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I took my ielts today and sure iv failed, iv got 3 books and tried on line but still found the time restrictions very difficult to keep to. I did answer all the questions in the reading part but many i guessed, well at least i have a 1 in 4 of getting them correct.

Lisa

Well i failed on the part i was most dreading the reading got a 6. speaking 8.0, writing 8 & listening 8.5 overall 7.5 but its still a fail. Going to retake on 21st if poss but could do without it!!

Lisa :sad:

Guest IrishOzHopeful

Hi all,

I got the results of my general IELTS exams today.....

9.0 in Reading

9.0 in Listening

9.0 in Speaking &

8.5 in Writing!!

I'm chuffed to bits!!!:biggrin:

Guest SineadMurphy

Well done irishoz!! Looby and Lisa so sorry to hear bout the reading result. Chin up though you will get it and then Oz will be just around the corner!! XX

• 2 months later...
Guest looby1pink

Well..my time has come to say ive finally passed the IELTS..3rd time lucky lol!! yipeee !!!!!!!!!! thanks to everyone who gave much needed support..what a total nightmare that was..I hate IELTS.

Well..my time has come to say ive finally passed the IELTS..3rd time lucky lol!! yipeee !!!!!!!!!! thanks to everyone who gave much needed support..what a total nightmare that was..I hate IELTS.

WELL DONE!!! i know how you feel, re took mine on Sat just got to wait for results now, fingers crossed.

Well done again Lisa x :biggrin:

I just Passed my IELTS test too 2nd time lucky Speaking 9 Listening 8.5 Academic Reading 7 Academic Writing 7. I had to study to get 7 in the academic reading mind. Good luck to everyone about to sit the exam now. Revise :-)

Yay, well done!!

I have just found out that I would have to do the IELTS if I want to register here. I am an Aussie Citizen, but because I trained in UK (and have never lived in Oz before, but my advisor didn't know that!) I would have to do it!!!!!!!!

There are a few other reasons why I won't be nursing over here so I won't be doing it but, I am a bit mad.

Hi Pixie

We are just finishing off our application for skills assessment for secondary teacher, and as far as I am aware you don't need IELTS if you're from the UK, NZ, USA etc but this what the skills assessment application actually says.

I. Evidence of English language ability Assessment criteria changes apply 22 March 2010

Applicants must meet one of the following criteria (1, 2, 3 or 4). Please tick the box that applies to your situation and attach appropriate evidence to Part 3 of this application form.

1. Born and completed secondary education in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States of America. Education must have been completed in an English language environment. Evidence – birth certificate and secondary school results

Or

2. Completed at least a one year full-time (or part-time equivalent) higher education level initial teacher education qualification in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States of America. Studies must have been completed in the five years prior to lodging this application and they must have been completed in an English language environment. Evidence – academic transcripts

Or

3. Completed at least two years of full-time (or part-time equivalent) employment as a qualified classroom teacher in my nominated occupation in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States of America. Employment must have been completed in the five years prior to lodging this application and they must have been completed in an English language environment. Evidence – employment references

Or, if you have not ticked any of the above, then you must submit an Academic version of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test report form.

4. A score of seven (7) or more in each component of the Academic version of the IELTS examination. These results must have been obtained in the 12 months prior to submitting this skills assessment application. Evidence - results must be provided on a single IELTS Test Report Form.

Important note: Teaching Australia reserves the right to ask any applicant to undergo the academic version of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test. Applicants must achieve a score of 7 or more in each component of the test to meet the assessment criteria.

Good luck!xx

Guest Lozilla

Hi I've just read this whole thread of IELTS agony and I'm nervous now! :eek:

I've got the application forms to send off in a bit, but have I got this right in saying that I'm the lead applicant, being a nurse, therefore my partner who's coming on my visa does NOT sit the IELTS? He is not a nurse but hopefully going to find a non-CSL job in OZ. Sorry for being thick!

yup that's right - as far as I'm aware, my OH is the main applicant (not a nurse) but apart from the health and character things I don't have to do anything as he is not claiming any points for me. so I don't have to do any tests - yippeee! But don't take my word for it - eek! xx

Guest Lozilla
yup that's right - as far as I'm aware, my OH is the main applicant (not a nurse) but apart from the health and character things I don't have to do anything as he is not claiming any points for me. so I don't have to do any tests - yippeee! But don't take my word for it - eek! xx

Aw I bet you're so relieved, my OH will be as I said to him that he may have to! But no one seems to mention here that partners have to sit the IELTS unless they need to practice nursing. So I think you're right x

Hi I've just read this whole thread of IELTS agony and I'm nervous now! :eek:

I've got the application forms to send off in a bit, but have I got this right in saying that I'm the lead applicant, being a nurse, therefore my partner who's coming on my visa does NOT sit the IELTS? He is not a nurse but hopefully going to find a non-CSL job in OZ. Sorry for being thick!

Hiya, yep as china said im the lead appplicant (nurse) so i have to sit the ielts not other half. It is difficult you have to sit the academic version but there are books and online web sites to give you a taster and practice.

Good luck Lisa

Guest Lozilla

Am I right in saying that I pass the IELTS (eventually) which lasts two years, if I then go to Oz towards the end of the two years and for some reason cannot find work or haven't secured a job before I leave UK. Is the IELTS still valid beyond the two years if I'm already in Oz and registered with ANMC and the state? If by that time I have not actually practiced as a nurse there yet.

It's annoying that IELTS is the first thing to do before I can apply to the next bodies, as I need the results forwarding to ANMC and DIAC! Shame we can't apply after lodging the visa grrrr

Archived