IELTS test resources

mr luvpants

WELL DONE!!! I have mine on the 24th Oct not looking foward to it. I have been practicing on line and bought the official book. Did you do anything to get ready for the test???

Lisa

Hi Lisa, I really just did what you are doing now. I think I did 5 or 6 online listening tests, a couple of reading tests and had a look over some sample written answers to get an idea of the format. I didn't bother with the official book tho'.

One thing I would recommend when it comes to the written test - do the second part first. As you will probably know, the written test advises you to spend 20 mins on the first part and 40 mins on the second and on the whole this should be enough but.....the second part carries more points so you will lose more points if don't complete this than you would if you didn't complete the first part.

Best of luck!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Lisa, I really just did what you are doing now. I think I did 5 or 6 online listening tests, a couple of reading tests and had a look over some sample written answers to get an idea of the format. I didn't bother with the official book tho'.

One thing I would recommend when it comes to the written test - do the second part first. As you will probably know, the written test advises you to spend 20 mins on the first part and 40 mins on the second and on the whole this should be enough but.....the second part carries more points so you will lose more points if don't complete this than you would if you didn't complete the first part.

Best of luck!

Any suggestions of where to get test material i have mine on 6th Oct.:hug:

Guest looby1pink

Oh no, im on a right low..i got my results today for the academic and they were not good.

Speaking 9, listening 8.5, writing 7.5 and reading 6.5!! Overall 8 but for registration as a nurse they want a 7 in each section... im totally gutted. Has anyone any thoughts or have also not recieved high enough results too? Do you think i should consider IELTS lessons?. We are supposed to be moving in the new year so this could be a massive set back for us if i dont pass in time...please help...:-(

Guest Magnetic6

Hi Lou

You don't need Ielts lessons! Of course you can do it, just see this test as a mock exam for the real thing and put in for another test asap.

You'll be fine!

Natalie x

Guest looby1pink

Do you think so? I just knew i would struggle with the reading and i revised like mad. Got booked in for 24th Oct, hopefully second time lucky. How is it going with your visa app?, I read that you had left..glad your back though I need a little PMA lol. I think we got a CO this week so at least i had some good news.

Lou xx

Guest Magnetic6

Hi Lou

Good news about your CO and i'm sure you'll be fine when you take the next test. I've read somewhere that you can request a re-mark, you could always give that a try but yes plenty of PMA needed (took me awhile to work that out, i'm thick!!):wacko:

Yes i took a little break from the site but missed my pals too much. Good news for me today, i received my letter of determination from the ANMC so just in the process of getting the kids passports renewed and then the visa application goes in, hurray!

Take care:hug:

Natalie x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest itsSHIRLEY

congratulations on passing the IELT's test. I have got mine tommorow. I am getting realy nervous now. would hate to fail it. seems like a lot to go through to prove that you can understand english, still seems weird as thats the only language I speak.once again congratulations.

She passed!

listening 8 Reading 7 writing 7.5 speaking 9 overall 8

Australia here we come!!!!!

JOHN

Well done!! Good luck with everthing, keep us up-dated. I am leaving my IELTS for now waiting to hear from SS first. They told me 16 to 20 weeks from the 3rd July.

Paul and Tina

Guest itsSHIRLEY

I am an english nurse and I sat my IELT's test today and I thought it was realy hard. I had prepared by ordering the practice test, but I felt the test was a lot harder than the practice tests. I met three other english nurses all wanting to go to australia. They also found the test hard and all feel that they will not acheive the magic number 7 for all the parts of the test.I wont know for at least two weeks if I have past.I may have to take the test again..........

I am not sure how many times I can take the test. some sites say as many times as you like, some say at three month intervals, a person at the test said he could only take it three times. Help.......does anyone know the answers to these questions.

Guest sunnyday

I've just found out that I've got to do IELTS to register in Victoria and I am furious!!! I am furious because my agent didn't damn well tell me......... ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH........... FURIOUS FURIOUS FURIOUS :arghh:Thats it I'm NOT going, I am throwing all my toys out of my pram!!!!! Rant over.............but I am still furious :wink:

I am not sure how many times I can take the test. some sites say as many times as you like, some say at three month intervals, a person at the test said he could only take it three times. Help.......does anyone know the answers to these questions.

There is no limit to how many times you take the test. I telephoned and asked. And try not to worry. My wife thought she failed and she passed.I know its a bit late for you now but anyone else that is thinking of taking the IELTS, have a look at earlier posts on this thread and there is a link to a lot of sample tests. My wife said these were harder than the actual test and so she found the actual test easier because of this.

JOHN

Guest itsSHIRLEY

Thanks for the reply, i will try not to worry about it. if i have failed i will just have to think of it as a practice test, then do better next time....

Guest fionaj123

Im starting to get worried now, my test is a week tomorrow, I havnt started to revise yet but I have lookeD at the format. I didnt want to start revising to soon but luckily have a few days off before hand so Im going to cram in loads of practice tests. Im still really worried though, ITS ALL SUCH A PAIN IN THE A***. I will update as soon as I know.....

Guest SineadMurphy

Hi,

I'm new to this and now really nervous. Sat my test on saturday and found the reading test quite hard !! And i practiced, got a couple of books etc !!! Reckon im gonna have to do it again !! Was hopin to have skills assessment in by then but it really is a pain if i have failed as its a 3 month wait to do it again!!!:huh:

I've just found out that I've got to do IELTS to register in Victoria and I am furious!!! I am furious because my agent didn't damn well tell me......... ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH........... FURIOUS FURIOUS FURIOUS :arghh:Thats it I'm NOT going, I am throwing all my toys out of my pram!!!!! Rant over.............but I am still furious :wink:

I like your style........

Guest SineadMurphy

You sure, I read it on their site or paperwork , well somehere that you do! Would be much happier if its not !!!

Archived