ACT Commitment Letter

sherin

Dear All

Can anyone give me some tips on writing a commitment letter for ACT, I just have a weeks time to submit letter.. please help. samfire I am looking for some tips from you cause I have read old posts and you seem to have a good knowledge of Canberra

:no:

A good place to start researching is Live in Canberra

The best place for accommodation would be Real Estate & Homes for Sale, Rent and Share | allhomes

You will need to show them how Canberra encapsulates all that you want for your family and that you share the social justice values that they espouse. Tell them what features have brought you to Canberra - the standard of education, the job opportunities, the facilities and community participation. Tell them also what you are hoping to give back to the community either through your expertise or your time (eg volunteering). Talk about the climate being what you are looking for and how it relates to your family's activities.

Make sure that you can detail the money that you have to have instantly available to you - not locked up in someone else's bank account.

Good luck!

Thanks Quall for all the info on the commitment letter.. I have another query my... dad is going to transfer the required funds to my account , but do I have to show that I had the funds in my account for the last six months cause this is the norm in case of student visas. But in case of ACT migration its only talks about 20000$ AUD and no time frame is specified.....:wacko:

Thanks Quall for all the info on the commitment letter.. I have another query my... dad is going to transfer the required funds to my account , but do I have to show that I had the funds in my account for the last six months cause this is the norm in case of student visas. But in case of ACT migration its only talks about 20000$ AUD and no time frame is specified.....:wacko:

Sorry Sherin, no idea - if they dont specify a timeline then you should be OK I would think but perhaps someone else will have the answer for you.

Guest Samfire
Sorry Sherin, no idea - if they dont specify a timeline then you should be OK I would think but perhaps someone else will have the answer for you.

Hi Sherin!

I will PM you with details of how we did our commitment statement - we must have done something right, as we received successful state sponsorship from ACT.

In relation to your funds transfer, we were also considering asking my father to temporarily transfer funds into our account for us. Our agent said it was fine to submit a "Closing Balance" statement i.e. just an official Bank statement showing your current balance on your account. You are not required to show any transactions or dates. This is the information I was working with only a couple of months ago so it should still apply. Best of luck.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest qianci629
Hi Sherin!

I will PM you with details of how we did our commitment statement - we must have done something right, as we received successful state sponsorship from ACT.

In relation to your funds transfer, we were also considering asking my father to temporarily transfer funds into our account for us. Our agent said it was fine to submit a "Closing Balance" statement i.e. just an official Bank statement showing your current balance on your account. You are not required to show any transactions or dates. This is the information I was working with only a couple of months ago so it should still apply. Best of luck.

Hi Samfire, would you please also share your successful commitment statement with me? Congratulate for your receiving of ACT sponsorship.

R

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi everyone.

I am very new here. this is actually my first post. I am preparing my requirements for ACT sponsorship. I'm done writing my commitment letter but hoping you guys can give me a copy of a good commitment letter (hpefully one that has ben granted sponsorship) so i can improve the letter i drafted.

Still have lots of questions. Very scared, but very hopeful.

Hope to get a sponsorship. Hope you guys help me.

Thanks a lot..

Samfire? you seem to be very popular here. Maybe you could lend a hand? Thanks!

Guest mikka711
Thanks Quall for all the info on the commitment letter.. I have another query my... dad is going to transfer the required funds to my account , but do I have to show that I had the funds in my account for the last six months cause this is the norm in case of student visas. But in case of ACT migration its only talks about 20000$ AUD and no time frame is specified.....

Along the lines of what Samfire said - we had to just show the current balance in our account - no previous - when we submitted our ACT SS in June. ACT were fine with it and we got our SS last month:v_SPIN:

**Samfire - not long to go now, your excitement must feel like a box of lit firecrackers!! Good Luck!!!!!!!!:jiggy:

• 1 month later...
Guest atelier

Hi samfire, would i be able to get a copy of your commitment letter to ACT, my ACT SS just got rejected reason being the commitment letter that I submitted is not convincing enough.

many thanks.

• 2 months later...
Guest ellieds

Hi All

just would like to know what are the best areas to live and raise a young family in Canberra. Any suggestions would really help.

Thanks

Ellie

:yes:

Hi All

just would like to know what are the best areas to live and raise a young family in Canberra. Any suggestions would really help.

Thanks

Ellie

:yes:

Where will you be working and how much money will you have? That will determine basically whether you want to be a Northsider or a Southsider. Canberra is generally quite kid friendly so no worries there. The Tuggeranong schools havent performed too well in the myschools ranking (confirmed my feelings about them) but there are more sort of adolescent type kids down that way (used to be nappy valley now they are all grown and not a very nice cohort IMHO). Personally I'd be aiming for something more inner although if you want the big new house on the small block then perhaps head for Gungahlin, that's where most of the building is these days.

If you have plenty of money for a house then look at Yarralumla, Aranda, Hackett, Garran, Torrens, Chapman, Watson, Ainslie, Weetangera. Try and avoid Charnwood, most of Tuggeranong (Fadden is OK), Narrabundah and you should be fine (although there are parts of Narrabundah towards Griffith which are nice).

The place to check for rental/buying is Real Estate & Homes for Sale, Rent and Share | allhomes and you can see on there what sort of places are available. The older homes tend to be in the inner/more established suburbs and the new homes are further out as a general rule. It all depends on what sort of place you are prepared to live in.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I need some help in writing the ACT statement of committment. The one I submitted was rejected as it had all the facts but not "personal enough". Would appreciate if someone can send me a copy of their successful statement. I will make sure I will use it only as a reference and not copy it. I am running out of time for filing SS and would be extremely greatful for any help. Failure is not an option for me this time around as this is a last chance.

Thanks again

Guest destinationoz

From memory ours talked about some of the places we'd like to go and why, education, jobs and places to live. It'll be fine as long as it is about you and your family.

Hello all,

I need some help in writing the ACT statement of committment. The one I submitted was rejected as it had all the facts but not "personal enough". Would appreciate if someone can send me a copy of their successful statement. I will make sure I will use it only as a reference and not copy it. I am running out of time for filing SS and would be extremely greatful for any help. Failure is not an option for me this time around as this is a last chance.

Thanks again

hmm.. not personal enough ...

well for my case, as I'm a painter, so I wrote about the art event / market that I wanted to go/join. also listed of survey about residential area that I would like to stay .. and my husband love badminton, we had also contacted the local badminton game club .. we show the correspondence emails. ..

hope the above helps, all the best!

:biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
hmm.. not personal enough ...

well for my case, as I'm a painter, so I wrote about the art event / market that I wanted to go/join. also listed of survey about residential area that I would like to stay .. and my husband love badminton, we had also contacted the local badminton game club .. we show the correspondence emails. ..

hope the above helps, all the best!

:biggrin:

Hi all,

I'm doing up the letter of commitment for the SS for ACT. I can't get around the bit about providing evidence of research of how much it will cost for me for electricty and gas per month .

I've nothing really to base a quotation on.

What i'm asking is, for anyone who has got the SS, how did or what did you put in the letter when proving you research into the 'cost of living' in Canberra?

And did you have to provide any evidence of average price of these utilities, e.g. links to forums ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Harry.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

I'm doing up the letter of commitment for the SS for ACT. I can't get around the bit about providing evidence of research of how much it will cost for me for electricty and gas per month .

I've nothing really to base a quotation on.

What i'm asking is, for anyone who has got the SS, how did or what did you put in the letter when proving you research into the 'cost of living' in Canberra?

And did you have to provide any evidence of average price of these utilities, e.g. links to forums ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Harry.

Hi HarryOB1, yes I did provide the links to the website/forums that I based the estimation on.

Guest RobzNdebz

could you also pm me if you are able to doso?! thanks very much! i have been reading all of your posts! you are very knowledgeable!

thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest tayntayn

am also 90% in finishing my statement for ACT. I hope somebody can PM me as well a sample of theirs at least I have something to compare with. Thank you so much.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived