Please help!!! Transport when we 1st arrive

carlymac

Hi everyone

We have booked our one way ticket for 31st Aug and arrive in Brisbane on the 1st Sept at 19:25, I am starting to worry about getting picked up from the airport, does anyone know if a taxi can be booked to collect us, we have 3 children and lots and lots of luggage aswell as a travel cot and a pram. I dont really want a hire car as we will be so tired I would just want to get to our rental and fall asleep.

I have looked at the relocation companies and I would love to use them but we dont have a large amount of money, so cant afford it.

Any help is appreciated.

Carly, Lee and Boys

Guest guest17301

Hi Carly...I too worried endlessly about this one..when we arrived in Perth we found a taxi straight away, they were lining up and that was at 2 in the morning. To my surprise all of our luggage (and their was lots plus a buggy) fitted into an estate car! There are 4 of us and we had 4 big cases plus about 8 smaller bags/trolley cases.

We booked a hire car online before we arrived and picked it up next day, hubs got a taxi to the car-hire place. It was stress free and I would recommend this paln of action. Good luck. x

Hi everyone

We have booked our one way ticket for 31st Aug and arrive in Brisbane on the 1st Sept at 19:25, I am starting to worry about getting picked up from the airport, does anyone know if a taxi can be booked to collect us, we have 3 children and lots and lots of luggage aswell as a travel cot and a pram. I dont really want a hire car as we will be so tired I would just want to get to our rental and fall asleep.

I have looked at the relocation companies and I would love to use them but we dont have a large amount of money, so cant afford it.

Any help is appreciated.

Carly, Lee and Boys

Good question as we will be landing in Brisbane when we go and we have been thinkng about transport too. Im sure there would be taxi's there or maybe book one local to the Airport via email.

Hi everyone

Any help is appreciated.

Carly, Lee and Boys

Hi where are you going from the airport if you give me a rough idea of are i can get a quote off yellow cabs thats who we used when we flew back to uk for hols we used a limo service when we arrived but that was part of my relocation ill check that one out as wellor when you come out the airport go to taxi rank there is ususally a guy organising taxis you may need a maxi taxi (mini bus or an estate car they are pretty good judges how old are children not sure if need car seats will ask at the taxi firm

regards sue

I would seriously book a station wagon/ estate car. You should easily fit everything in as they are hugeeeeeeeeeee,lol. Try www.brisbanerentacar.com.au . You will be surprised how 'awake' you feel when you land, i think its the adrenaline kicking in and the reality of 'OMG we have actually done it!,lol.

Taxi's are quite expensive so it really does depend where you are going to, anywere other than maybe the city i'd avoid due to cost.

Cal x

Hi everyone

Any help is appreciated.

Carly, Lee and Boys

We booked a hotel as close to airport as we could, got taxi to it then back to airport in the morning to pick up hire car. There seem to be taxis there all the time and the yellow cab company (they are painted orange????) have minibus type taxis where you could fit an army in. As one post says i think the adrenalin hits you when you get here but it was still nice to jump in a taxi and not have to worry about where i am going etc.

Guest snow white

hi carly

we booked these before we came they met us at airport it was an 11 seater for us obviously loads luggage and 6 kids but only cost us $195 from brisbane to pacific pines they were great and really helpful why not get in touch and see what they charge for smaller vehicles

Gold Coast & Brisbane Airport Transfer Coach & Shuttle Rates

lesleyx

Hi carlymac.

By coincidence, when we arrived in mid-August 2007, our flight landed at almost exactly the same time as yours. It took us about an hour to get through passport control, find our luggage, then clear customs and quarantine but when we went outside the terminal there was a long rank of taxis waiting.

As has been said, some of the Brisbane taxis are, in fact, mini-buses and one of these swallowed the four of us and all our cases...and could still have taken lots more.

We'd actually debated arranging for a hire car at the airport but, although I've done a LOT of long haul, I'm kind of glad I didn't try to drive fresh off the flight. The money spent on a taxi made "an important contribution to road safety" (to quote a very bad old ad).

One other thought on hire cars: by going through the Yellow Pages the next morning and shopping around at the smaller, local companies, we spent significantly less than we would have with the big chains based at the airport. The car we got (a big Toyota people carrier thing so we could carry our bags) wasn't quite as new as we might get from the big companies, but it was mechanically perfect and, over a couple of weeks, saved us a fair bit.

Bob

I'd be going with the others. It would be very rare indeed that you could arrive in one of the big international airports and not find a line of taxis waiting for you - including some big ones. You really do not want to be bothered with hiring a car and negotiating a strange city with tired kids when you are knackered despite any level of adrenaline IMHO.

Just rock up and wend your way to the taxi line, you should be just fine.

Archived