QLD State Sponsor - update - where are you now?

Taz2008

All being well with your visa applicaton, when are you hoping to move to Queensland?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. All being well with your visa applicaton, when are you hoping to move to Queensland?

• September 2009 or before
    • October 2009
    • November 2009
    • December 2009
    • January 2010
    • February 2010
    • March 2010
    • April 2010
    • May 2010
    • June 2010 or later

Hi Qld peeps!!

Just found this on Brissie Courier Mail

Queensland to draw up migration plan to curb population | The Courier-Mail

Debsxx

Hi Debs,

Wow that is some of the best news I have heard recently regarding Queensland. Hopefully now we will hear the news officially. :jiggy:

Thanks for the Post. I tried to thank you actually on the post itself but I wasnt given the option.

Cheers,

Matt

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sandisonsonthemove

Congratulations to HORI on getting your state sponsorship (and to anyone else I may have missed - if I have sorry :wubclub:)

Hope everyone is keeping well.

Donna xx

Guest bindog1uk
Last but not least:

Queensland gave us state nomination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got today a letter from QLD Government, approval date of state sponsorship is 17/02/2010.

I would say to all of you a huge thank you!

A last question: As I am currently a visa 175 applicant, except of advising QLD about our Transaction Record Number at DIAC as it is notified in the letter, what have we yet to do?

Hi Hori, great news, same day as us, really pleased for you. Now you are in the next queue:v_SPIN:. We also got our letter today, isn't it a good feeling, now you can go celebrate, well done . Paul and Lesley:biggrin:

Well all my QLD'er Peeps... its a sad sad day... there are no more people waiting to hear about their SS which is great news, but now it makes this thread redundant!!!

I want to thank you all for taking part in this thread and making it work in the way it did. It would never have worked without all your participation and the information which was shared amongst us all. I feel I have made some great cyber friends through this thread and look forward to meeting some of you one day when we finally get to Oz! :hug:

So, now we need to make a decision... Do we close the thread or keep it open for general chit chat??? If its just for general chit chat then we should really open a new thread in chit chat rather than in immigration!

Let me know your thoughts!

Tasha :wubclub:

Guest bindog1uk

Tasha youv'e got to keep it running or open another one it's so nice to be able to comunicate with others who are moving to our area, even if it's just for gossip and things of interest, job vacancies, we may be in a position to help one another, barbaques or general meets. Also it's easier if you have a seperate thread to see when we all manage to get our visa's. You have done such a brilliant job of running this one, I feel like you are our team leader, so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep us all together:tongue:Lesley

Tash

Before you close it I have something to say.....

You have been a diamond in spending your time updating everyone and keeping our spirits up. Thank you. There was something else I was going to say but cant remember now.............Oh yes I remember now......

We have just got our visa!!!

Congratulations Lisa and John. Where you thinking of going?

I think your right to close the thread now Tasha. It has served us all well thanks to you and our friends. I remember those days in the UK when I had no work and I thought no chance of a visa and would come on here for a moan.

Theres always the other thread you have started.

Luv Lance.

Well all my QLD'er Peeps... its a sad sad day... there are no more people waiting to hear about their SS which is great news, but now it makes this thread redundant!!!

I want to thank you all for taking part in this thread and making it work in the way it did. It would never have worked without all your participation and the information which was shared amongst us all. I feel I have made some great cyber friends through this thread and look forward to meeting some of you one day when we finally get to Oz!

So, now we need to make a decision... Do we close the thread or keep it open for general chit chat??? If its just for general chit chat then we should really open a new thread in chit chat rather than in immigration!

Let me know your thoughts!

Tasha

I started a new thread, as a link on from my WA thread....But it was for those that had their visas, to share chat & stories about 'the next stage'

I think you guys should start an 'add-on' thread, as you have all become good 'cyber' friends....:cute:

Tasha wont need to work on it, as it wouldnt have a timeline....Just use it as a place to share stories of this longgggggg migration business!

You'll just have to think of an 'add on' thread name.......:idea:

Good luck

Congratulations Lisa and John. Where you thinking of going?

I think your right to close the thread now Tasha. It has served us all well thanks to you and our friends. I remember those days in the UK when I had no work and I thought no chance of a visa and would come on here for a moan.

Theres always the other thread you have started.

Luv Lance.

Not sure yet as it wil depend on where Lisa gets a job. But we are looking up your way!

JOHN

Tash

Before you close it I have something to say.....

You have been a diamond in spending your time updating everyone and keeping our spirits up. Thank you. There was something else I was going to say but cant remember now.............Oh yes I remember now......

We have just got our visa!!!

Thats great news jon Huge congrats to you both

Guest bindog1uk
It would be nice were the same old people can keep chatting and keep intouch,......what do other people think, other threads have all states on dont they?

Thanks

I agree with you, even if it is on a new thread, but still just for Queensland peeps:yes:Lesley

Guest washer rs
I agree with you, even if it is on a new thread, but still just for Queensland peeps:yes:Lesley

I agree Lesley for a Qld tread :cool:, the cat 5 tread is good but maybe a little to big..!!

Guest Dionne and Rickie

:biggrin:WOW John and Lisa thats absalutly fantastic news, im glad i logged on now i dont come on much these days i dont really see the point.

Some days i wish i should have done nursing instead of Nursery nursing even though i work in Southend special care baby unit i doesn't count.

A huge big luck with your next journey.

Lest hope we hear in the next couple of .............erm years.......

All the best.

Dee.xxxxxx

Since the "QLD SS - where are you now" thread has been finished and everyone on the list have been completed by QLD I am going to arrange for it to be closed. I will get it sorted out and cleaned up and then have it closed next week some time.

You have all said it would be nice to stay in touch on one thread so we can all continue to share stories, general chit chat or let off some steam. Therefore, I have opened up this new thread so that we can all come and have a catch up here; http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/news-gossip-chat/79849-queensland-peeps-chit-chat-catch-up.html

I am looking forward to you all joining me on here!:wink: And any newbies are welcome to join us too...

Thanks

Tasha x:wubclub:

Guest leebaker3

Haven't been on here for a while, with all the recent changes I've tried to not think about the visa process to much until we get a Case Office but this thread was a god send when we was applying for state sponsorship. Well done Tasha, I think you did a great job with this thread

bye bye 'QLD State Sponsor - update - where are you now?' thread

congrats on your visa mr luvpants

Lee

Hi Qld peeps, thought we'd just catch up and ask Tasha to turn us black as we got our visa yesterday. Well it looks like it's time to say farewell:cry: to this thread which was a great place to be especially during those agonising weeks of waiting for our SSs.

Will catch up with you all on the new thread........taarrraaaaaaaaaaa:wink:

debs n dave x

Archived