QLD State Sponsor - update - where are you now?

Taz2008

All being well with your visa applicaton, when are you hoping to move to Queensland?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. All being well with your visa applicaton, when are you hoping to move to Queensland?

• September 2009 or before
    • October 2009
    • November 2009
    • December 2009
    • January 2010
    • February 2010
    • March 2010
    • April 2010
    • May 2010
    • June 2010 or later

Guest bindog1uk

Hi all Queensland peeps, we have slight movement on S.S. after 31weeks. We have had an e-mail from them this morning asking for client references, reports ect, which we have already let the agent have months ago, so now I am patiently waiting for him to phone me to let me know why they haven't recieved them yet:no: Will be back on as soon as I have any news, Washers, Jason have you heard anything cos we're the same date?:biggrin:

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bindog1uk

Hi all Queensland peeps, we have slight movement on S.S. after 31weeks. We have had an e-mail from them this morning asking for client references, reports ect, which we have already let the agent have months ago, so now I am patiently waiting for him to phone me to let me know why they haven't recieved them yet:no: Will be back on as soon as I have any news, Washers, Jason have you heard anything cos we're the same date?:biggrin:Lesley

Guest Sandisonsonthemove

Hey all

Thanks for all your 'thanks'. Mighty relieved and feeling for all of you still left. washerrs (Jason) and bindog (Lesley) - that letter will arrive eventually of that you can be certain so keep positive. :rolleyes:

Yorkshireclan - good news for your wife Carl but not so good with the house. Are you going to consider selling to one of these companies you mentioned previously? I guess the price is a bit lower than market value (whatever that is these days!!) for them to take if off your hands?!

I am really hopeful that the state migration plan will bring good news to all of us. Not sure whether the state will convert our current sponsorship over if we are part of this plan or whether they will make us apply again. My very cynical guess is they will make us apply again and slap a charge on it - here's hoping I am proved wrong.

take care all

Donna xx :hug:

Guest washer rs
Hi all Queensland peeps, we have slight movement on S.S. after 31weeks. We have had an e-mail from them this morning asking for client references, reports ect, which we have already let the agent have months ago, so now I am patiently waiting for him to phone me to let me know why they haven't recieved them yet. Will be back on as soon as I have any news, Washers, Jason have you heard anything cos we're the same date? /QUOTE]

Hi Lesley, no news for me yet, lets hope i will here something this wk :twitcy:

Good luck with your application:wink:hope you don't have to wait much longer

Jason

Guest bindog1uk

Hi Jason, couldn't manage to get hold of our agent yesterday, hoping he phones me this morning, but I did e-mail Queensland last night to let them know that our agent has all of the info they require and that they should have recieved it with our application, but things do get lost in the mail. To my amazement they e-mailed me straight back to say that we do have 60 days to get the info to them. Now hoping Visa Bureau get this sorted today............. I think we've been waiting long enough don't you! Hope you hear something this week too, good luck, Lesley

woooooooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have come back today from a hellish trip to Lincoln for son's volleyball training to find a letter from Queensland on the doorstep - SS approved!!!

Tasha you can finally take us off your mini-update list and we will be joining you on your other thread.

Many thanks to you all for your kind words when I have been a bit down about it all - I am sure we will all have a good laugh at this process over a cold one in Oz one day!

Donna xx:hug:

Great news guys, lets hope for more good things to come this year.

Proview

Hi everyone...we applied for SS from Queensland last July (they acknowledged that it was received by them Jul 7 2009). On Friday just passed our agent (Tru Blue) emailed to say that Qld had granted us SS....they had contacted us oin Jan 19th asking for proof of funds and an Employer's Reference, both of which we supplied the following day. So after a horrid wait since last July we have our SS and can now lodge our application for a visa this week!

Hi GerryP

Welcome to PiO and to our thread. Congratulations on getting your ss with QLD... It takes forever these days to get ss. I think it took us 30 weeks or so. There are not too many peeps left on our list on the front page now, I do hope they get theirs soon too!

Why not come and join us on the other thread; http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/70633-176-ss-non-csl-where-you-now.html check out the front page and you will see all the information you need on there. Although I have not updated it for the last couple of days what with all the recent changes to read through!

Tasha:wubclub:

Hi everyone

Just dropped in to see how your all doing..

Nice to see Donna and her family secure SS lets hope the visa arrives soon.

We are still no closer to the house being sold..BUT one bit of good news is my o/h is now officially registered with the Queensland college of teachers..

She can now teach in OZ Yipee..

Love to all

Yorkshireclan

xxxxxxx

Hi Carl

Great to hear from you. Sorry to hear the house has not sold yet! That is just typical isn't it hey! I am sure it will go soon, fingers crossed.

Great news about being registered now with qld college of teachers. That means you can send the misses out to work and you can spend your days lounging by the pool! LOL!!!

We have all had to endure more changes to the immigration programme. You were so lucky to get your visa when you did. This whole process is an absolute nightmare now... we are very close to just giving it all up... trying to keep Gary interested now is proving difficult as he has lost hope in it all! They just keep changes the rules too often and its difficult to keep up!

Speak to you soon...

Tasha x

What is a State Migration Plan? And when will QLD let approve its by Chris Evans?

Hi Hori,

Lets hope we are all on the new migration plan hey... although not very optimistic about that at the moment! Time will tell. It will be interesting to see if they continue to process cat 5 people. The other thread will be one to watch over the next few days to see if anyone else gets a visa granted!

Hi all Queensland peeps, we have slight movement on S.S. after 31weeks. We have had an e-mail from them this morning asking for client references, reports ect, which we have already let the agent have months ago, so now I am patiently waiting for him to phone me to let me know why they haven't recieved them yet Will be back on as soon as I have any news, Washers, Jason have you heard anything cos we're the same date?

Hi Lesley

What a shame they are asking for all this info again. Lets hope your agent gets his finger out and get them the info needed. Surely it cant be much longer for you now!

Hi Jason, couldn't manage to get hold of our agent yesterday, hoping he phones me this morning, but I did e-mail Queensland last night to let them know that our agent has all of the info they require and that they should have recieved it with our application, but things do get lost in the mail. To my amazement they e-mailed me straight back to say that we do have 60 days to get the info to them. Now hoping Visa Bureau get this sorted today............. I think we've been waiting long enough don't you! Hope you hear something this week too, good luck, Lesley

Have you managed to speak to your agent yet? Did they send the info off for you??? I do hope so.

Tasha x

Thought this may be interesting to you guys....

Plumbers, truckies on Queensland's immigration wish list

Thanks Kelly... didn't see any plasterers on the list though:no: but your right it is interesting and hopefully a good sign for things to come!

Tasha x

Guest bindog1uk

Hi Tasha, agent has today sent them all they needed, which is what we let him have months ago, hoping they work on it overnight and we get some news very shortly. Soon as we hear I'm sure I will let you know:laugh: I would think the Washers should be hearing very soon too, I do hope so:yes: Good Luck Jason. Lesley:biggrin:

Guest washer rs

Hi Lesley, Mmmmm Visa Bureau, yes somethings do get lost in the post but i'm sure somethings don't get sent!! or they always seem to tell you things after its to late to change your process.. Still i'm sure they have lots of people to deal with..

Hope they get all your info this time, good luck :wink:

Guest HoriFTC

Today week 24 of waiting fulfilled by me... :skeptical:

Do we have any information about the number of applications after 7th of July, when QLD narrowed his eligibility list for 176 visa?

Am I wrong if I suppose that this quantity should be less than before that date?

Today week 24 of waiting fulfilled by me... :skeptical:

Do we have any information about the number of applications after 7th of July, when QLD narrowed his eligibility list for 176 visa?

Am I wrong if I suppose that this quantity should be less than before that date?

Hi Hori

The amount of applications on our QLD thread after the 7th July date was just yours and three others. Two of them already have had their SS and they were rushed through at the time as they were medical and we were told that they would take priority.

Its very strange in fact that hardly anyone applied after the 7th July deadline on our thread and we have not had anyone new on our list who have applied to QLD for ages now!

I am not really sure what we can take from the fact that there are no more new people on our thread, I had a quick look at the WA SS thread and they too have seen a big decline in applications for WA SS towards the end of 2009.

I know it must be very frustrating all this waiting, but it will come soon. Just a few more weeks of waiting and hopefully the SS wait will be over for you.

Best wishes

Hi Hori

The amount of applications on our QLD thread after the 7th July date was just yours and three others. Two of them already have had their SS and they were rushed through at the time as they were medical and we were told that they would take priority.

Its very strange in fact that hardly anyone applied after the 7th July deadline on our thread and we have not had anyone new on our list who have applied to QLD for ages now!

I am not really sure what we can take from the fact that there are no more new people on our thread, I had a quick look at the WA SS thread and they too have seen a big decline in applications for WA SS towards the end of 2009.

I know it must be very frustrating all this waiting, but it will come soon. Just a few more weeks of waiting and hopefully the SS wait will be over for you.

Best wishes

Hiya Tasha how you doing?, it is funny at the fact you say no more have added to our thread since back of last year, do you think people have been put off the idea of living in oz now, it must only be for the hardcore such as us lol

Proview

ps I hope we may get a little chance of going from cat five to cat 2 when the minister work out what he is going to do with cat 2 as its none exist at the mo, or is that wishfull thinking. i think we may get better news in a few more months, Jon has got a Co now i bet he is buzzing.

Guest washer rs
Hi Hori

Best wishes

Hi Tasha,

I was told by my agent that QLD was removing lots of trades (including mine) from there list & if they didn't receive my application by the 7th July it would not be accepted. Maybe this is why we haven't seen many since then..??

Guest timpage
Hi Hori

Best wishes

Hi Tasha, I went on the QLD goverment website, and they have an eligibility page for applying for SS. It reads a bit like the CSL. no trades on there I think.

Is this a worry do you think, because when they write up THE PLAN for what skills get into the country is that going to be bad news if your not on that list that's there at present.

Tim

Guest HoriFTC

I would like to share an information with you:

I am a member on a hungarian forum too, I red there the timeline of an applicant who applied as civil engineer.

His timeline:

QLD SS application: 06/07/2009

175 offshore application: 22/07/2009

175 visa granted: 01/02/2010

QLD contacted him 2 days later, on 03/02/2010, it isn't clear for me yet if they just wanted proof of funds or already offered the SS.

Guest HoriFTC
Hi Tasha,

I was told by my agent that QLD was removing lots of trades (including mine) from there list & if they didn't receive my application by the 7th July it would not be accepted. Maybe this is why we haven't seen many since then..??

Thats right, QLD has changed the eligibility list at the end of June, applications with occupations on the "old list" were accepted till 07/07/2009.

Hi Tasha,

Yes I remember that time well, that is certainly true, they did do this and there are not many occupations on their list now.

Perhaps this is why the last of you on the list are taking so long now due to the influx of applications before the July deadline.

I do hope you all hear something soon.

I would like to share an information with you:

I am a member on a hungarian forum too, I red there the timeline of an applicant who applied as civil engineer.

His timeline:

QLD SS application: 06/07/2009

175 offshore application: 22/07/2009

175 visa granted: 01/02/2010

QLD contacted him 2 days later, on 03/02/2010, it isn't clear for me yet if they just wanted proof of funds or already offered the SS.

Hi Hori

This timeline does not surprise me. He is obviously on the CSL and therefore would probably have got his visa before the SS for QLD came through, as they are taking so long now to grant SS these days.

There are a couple of IT people on our list who had the same thing happen to them. They received their visa before QLD had given them SS.

Hi Tasha, I went on the QLD goverment website, and they have an eligibility page for applying for SS. It reads a bit like the CSL. no trades on there I think.

Is this a worry do you think, because when they write up THE PLAN for what skills get into the country is that going to be bad news if your not on that list that's there at present.

Tim

Yes Tim, I do think this is a worry and had been thinking the same thing myself. All we can do is hope that QLD picks up quickly with the recession, as I heard they were hit the hardest out of all the states, and hopefully we will see some trades put back onto their State Plan List.

These lists, I would assume, would be kept updated on a regular basis so at least if the trades are not put on their new Plan List now then they will be sooner or later!

It is a very uncertain time at the moment. We are just going to have to sit it out and see what happens, once again!

Tasha :wubclub:

Guest Sandisonsonthemove

Hi all

Couldn't get an email to Qld for love nor money when we were trying to get our SS relying on a courier in the end, I email them with our TRN and I get two emails back the next day - one confirming form 1100 has been sent and the other was the following:

"Thanks Donna

You do not need to contact Adelaide to make sure that the form has been allocated. I will let you know when it has been sent. The more you contact DIAC the longer it will take for them to process the application.

At the moment it will be another two to three years before they even look at your application, as your skill is not on the Critical Skills List.

Regards

Project Officer

Skilled & Business Migration

Department of Employment, Economic Development & Innovation

Level 21, 111 George St, BRISBANE CITY EAST Q 4000

PO Box 15168, CITY EAST QLD 4002 "

Thought the last sentence on the first paragraph was interesting - has anybody found contacting DIAC to cause any issues with their visa? I am also wondering if she knows chefs are not going to be on the new migration plan or if she is just stating the current party line with regard to our visa not being looked at for 2-3 years!

Only time will tell :mad:

Donna xx

Hi all

Couldn't get an email to Qld for love nor money when we were trying to get our SS relying on a courier in the end, I email them with our TRN and I get two emails back the next day - one confirming form 1100 has been sent and the other was the following:

"Thanks Donna

You do not need to contact Adelaide to make sure that the form has been allocated. I will let you know when it has been sent. The more you contact DIAC the longer it will take for them to process the application.

At the moment it will be another two to three years before they even look at your application, as your skill is not on the Critical Skills List.

Regards

Project Officer

Skilled & Business Migration

Department of Employment, Economic Development & Innovation

Level 21, 111 George St, BRISBANE CITY EAST Q 4000

PO Box 15168, CITY EAST QLD 4002 "

Thought the last sentence on the first paragraph was interesting - has anybody found contacting DIAC to cause any issues with their visa? I am also wondering if she knows chefs are not going to be on the new migration plan or if she is just stating the current party line with regard to our visa not being looked at for 2-3 years!

Only time will tell :mad:

Donna xx

she is just stating the current waiting time from what i can make of it.

Guest washer rs

Hi everyone, its been another slow week again..!! Things don't seem to be getting any better..

Does anyone else have any news..??

Hi Lesley, how are you getting, anymore news for you.??

This is what Kelly wrote on another thread about QLD and their new SMP. It appears from what she has quoted they are just going to continue as they are at the moment. Lets hope that means they will start to get the outstanding SS processed and you guys will hear very soon.

I have my fingers crossed that you hear something next week. Good luck...

Hi all, I contacted QLD to ask about their state migration plan and the response was:

"no state migration plan has been drafted yet and hence I don't know when it can be released either. Therefore thre is no current change at our area affected by the DIAC's recent change.

I think we have to wait till the DIAC releases a new SOL list"

To me it sounds as though they are going to make any changes in the new fiancial year which will coincide with what WA has said and the new SOL list etc.

Is that how everyone elses reads it? Kelly

Guest bindog1uk
Hi everyone, its been another slow week again..!! Things don't seem to be getting any better..

Does anyone else have any news..??

Hi Lesley, how are you getting, anymore news for you.??

Hi washers, no , no further news yet only to say that our agent responded the following day to Queensland [ Tuesday] so I guess we go into week 32, but I do feel very possitive for this week for some reason and I am sure as Tasha says that we will all hear something very soon:biggrin: I also feel a few Visa grants for Queensland coming on too, or is that me once again just being opptomistic, I do hope not for all of you waiting:twitcy: Lets just hope for a good week for all and keep Tasha's Queensland thread at the top. Lesley:notworthy:

Archived