QLD State Sponsor - update - where are you now?

Taz2008

All being well with your visa applicaton, when are you hoping to move to Queensland?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. All being well with your visa applicaton, when are you hoping to move to Queensland?

• September 2009 or before
    • October 2009
    • November 2009
    • December 2009
    • January 2010
    • February 2010
    • March 2010
    • April 2010
    • May 2010
    • June 2010 or later

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HoriFTC

As already mentioned in a new thread:

Chris Evans will announce changes to the General Skilled Migration program on next Monday (08.02.2010.) The changes will include amendments to the MODL.

Source: Skilled migration shake-up

"The changes, which are aimed at meeting the country's long-term skill needs, are being heralded as ''significant policy reforms'' by Immigration Department secretary Andrew Metcalfe."

In private discussions, immigration officials have said the government would support changes that place a greater focus on employer-sponsored visas, and give state governments power to import workers under state sponsorship visas.

The changes are expected to take effect from midnight the day of the announcement, with industry warned of a surge in applications from people wishing to take advantage of the current system before it changes."

As already mentioned in a new thread:

Chris Evans will announce changes to the General Skilled Migration program on next Monday (08.02.2010.) The changes will include amendments to the MODL.

Source: Skilled migration shake-up

"The changes, which are aimed at meeting the country's long-term skill needs, are being heralded as ''significant policy reforms'' by Immigration Department secretary Andrew Metcalfe."

In private discussions, immigration officials have said the government would support changes that place a greater focus on employer-sponsored visas, and give state governments power to import workers under state sponsorship visas.

Surely this is great news for applicants, especially on a Sponsored state visa?

Surely this is great news for applicants, especially on a Sponsored state visa?

Lets hope so.....:notworthy:

Guest bindog1uk
Hi all,

Its been another slow wk again :sad: so lets hope monday brings us some good news....

Hi washers, hope we both get S.S. this week especially with changes coming up on Monday, we may need our S.S. quickly to try to move up the queue, will be keeping a close eye on things this coming week:wub: Good Luck, fingers crossed, Lesley:biggrin:

Well folks, not been on here for a few a while as I've not got internet since moving out of our house a few weeks back. Been pretty hectic too - we fly out to the gold coast next monday. Still got loads to sort such as accommodation when we get there, school etc, but at least I've got a job to start (when I'm ready - got a very understanding new Boss!)

Anyway, will post when settled and hope that the new changes bring about fresh starts for all of you.

Cheers

Julz and family xx

Well folks, not been on here for a few a while as I've not got internet since moving out of our house a few weeks back. Been pretty hectic too - we fly out to the gold coast next monday. Still got loads to sort such as accommodation when we get there, school etc, but at least I've got a job to start (when I'm ready - got a very understanding new Boss!)

Anyway, will post when settled and hope that the new changes bring about fresh starts for all of you.

Cheers

Julz and family xx

Julz im sure it will all be worth it, thats the place we hope to be one day

good luck\

proview :wink:

Guest Sandisonsonthemove

woooooooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have come back today from a hellish trip to Lincoln for son's volleyball training to find a letter from Queensland on the doorstep - SS approved!!!

Tasha you can finally take us off your mini-update list and we will be joining you on your other thread.

Many thanks to you all for your kind words when I have been a bit down about it all - I am sure we will all have a good laugh at this process over a cold one in Oz one day!

Donna xx:hug:

woooooooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have come back today from a hellish trip to Lincoln for son's volleyball training to find a letter from Queensland on the doorstep - SS approved!!!

Tasha you can finally take us off your mini-update list and we will be joining you on your other thread.

Many thanks to you all for your kind words when I have been a bit down about it all - I am sure we will all have a good laugh at this process over a cold one in Oz one day!

Congratulations, the long waited SS, god it seems to take forever doesnt it!!

Least your another step closer, lets hope Monday brings you more good news x

- SS approved!!!

Hi Donna

OMG!!! About bloody time hey!!! Its been a very long time coming!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS and happy celebrations hun.

I will go to the other thread and add you on there after I have updated you on here!!!

Yipeee!!!!

Tasha:jiggy:

Hi Donna,

BIG congratulations on gaining your SS, have a wee drink tonight to celebrate as you are another step closer to the ulitmate prize.

Cheers :biggrin:

Matt

Guest Sandisonsonthemove

I cannot believe how long this has taken. My patience, what little I have, was wearing very very thin. I was going to ring on Monday if we had not received anything as it would have been three weeks since they told me it was off for a decision so I guess we would have found out then. Think a glass of vino is on the cards tonight feel free to join me :hug:

Donna x

06/02/10 - MINI UPDATE!!!

TOTAL 2009 Applications....55 (Manix & Rachyj have been removed from the figures due to receiving visa before SS was given. Also, WoodyXromford as the visa was recd but with another state)

SS Granted to date................43 (before the Sept 09 priority changes - 8 have visas / After Sept 09 priority changes - 3 have visas ) Julzcary - P2, jbro31- P2, JuliePaul- P5

Waiting for SS.........................10 (removed greenlife & lillymist as not heard from them)

Waiting for visa grants are;

[Dobber P5/2008 app], LeeAnn P5, KellyandTom P5, Zippyderby P5, Leebaker3 P5, Tim Page P5, TessnLee P5, MichaelF P5, Southerngent P5, The Rickards P5, Coops P5, Taz P5, Jackster P5, Dionne&Rickie P5, Danny&Em P5, Shaza P5, ShirlW P2, Simon and Debs P5, Chrisling P5, WaitingGame P5, Markntracey P5, Gammo P5, Mr Luvpants P2, Proview P5. Stewe1234 P5. Taniaholmes P5. Pablofet1 P5, Off to the Sun P5, Rickard Family P5, Wolla Bolla Bing Bong P5, sarah&pieman P5, Sandisonsonthemove P5

Waiting for SS after email recd for further documents or next in line by date;GreenLife, lillymist, Hallyobrien & Anlopa.

~~~

Congratulations to Crowded House & Sandisonthemove for finally getting their SS. It seems like its been forever waiting for these to come through. It has been very slow since 2010 started.

~~~

Congratulations to jbro31-Cat 2 for their visa grant and also JuliePaul - Cat 5.

Also huge congratulations to Stewe1234 who has secured employers sponsorship just a few days ago.

~~~

So far Hallyobrien & Anlopa have had contact with QLD asking for further documents. Have either of you heard back from QLD?

~~~

Just wondering if anyone else has had any contact with QLD about further documents? The next waiting to hear now are; Mandymark, Tucs,The Dougans, damson blue boy, bindog1uk, Jason Washer, Kris & HoriFTC.

~~~

It wont be long now for the rest of you waiting! There are only 10 of you left to process! (excluding Greenlife & lillymist as I reckon they must have heard by now but just not got back to us with their outcome!)

~~~

Rachyj has now booked flights and is planning to arrive in Brisbane on 12/04/10 - Good luck with all the organising x

Good luck to everyone... keep me informed if you hear anything from QLD!

Tasha :hug:

Guest Sandisonsonthemove

Oh it is so good not to be on this list any more :yes:

Good luck everyone still waiting - my fingers are crossed for you all.

Donna x

Guest bindog1uk

MANY CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR S.S. IT'S BEEN A LONG WAIT FOR US ALL , WE ARE HOPING TO HEAR VERY SOON, MAYBE NEXT WEEK:biglaugh: OR IS THAT JUST IN MY DREAMS, BUT AT LEAST WE ARE NOW GETTING NEAR THE TOP OF THE LIST. REALLY PLEASED FOR YOU AND I AM NOW HAVING A DRINK OR TWO TO CELEBRATE FOR YOU:goofy: WELL DONE,:biggrin: LESLEY

Guest washer rs
Hi washers, hope we both get S.S. this week especially with changes coming up on Monday, we may need our S.S. quickly to try to move up the queue, will be keeping a close eye on things this coming week. Good Luck, fingers crossed, Lesley

Hi Lesley, yeah lets hope so, It feels like its taking forever!! :SLEEP:Sold my house & moving out this wk end thinking we would be in our final stages by now!! How wrong was i:mad:

Some good news is much needed this week, fingers crossed & good luck 2you :biggrin:

Jason...

Hi Lesley, yeah lets hope so, It feels like its taking forever!! Sold my house & moving out this wk end thinking we would be in our final stages by now!! How wrong was i

Some good news is much needed this week, fingers crossed & good luck 2you

Jason...

Hi Jason

Who knows hey... It could be that tomorrow brings new priority processing again and this time might include SS... wishful thinking I know, but stranger things have happened before!

You never know... things could work out really well for you, once the government let us in on their secret!

Hope your move is not too stressful this weekend.

Tasha:wubclub:

Hi everyone...we applied for SS from Queensland last July (they acknowledged that it was received by them Jul 7 2009). On Friday just passed our agent (Tru Blue) emailed to say that Qld had granted us SS....they had contacted us oin Jan 19th asking for proof of funds and an Employer's Reference, both of which we supplied the following day. So after a horrid wait since last July we have our SS and can now lodge our application for a visa this week!

Hi everyone

Just dropped in to see how your all doing..

Nice to see Donna and her family secure SS lets hope the visa arrives soon.

We are still no closer to the house being sold..BUT one bit of good news is my o/h is now officially registered with the Queensland college of teachers..

She can now teach in OZ Yipee..

Love to all

Yorkshireclan

xxxxxxx

Archived