SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest teammonkei

Hi all, I've been reading up on your plights...I'm going insane in this country and we cant even apply for our 309 until October - my visa runs out in March...watching this thread isnt filling me full of hope that we'll be home in Oz for christmas! I wonder why they are suddenly moving so slowly?!

Fingers crossed for all of you!!

Hi All,

I am British and live in Malta. I have applied for a De Facto Visa as my Fiance has Australian passport. We have been living together for over 2 years but we want to go and live in Brisbane.

Thought I would add to this great list - THE WAITING GAME......

I had to apply for the visa at Berlin so sent by DHL on 11th February 09. 16th February cheque was cashed and contact was made with case officer.

We had all documents required and I am still waiting!!!! Being a Londoner I wish I applied in London but thought best to abide by the rule as live in Malta and have to apply at Berlin. Very anxious and nice to meet you all in the same boat......Great support.

Wish you all luck xx

Guest Cab82

Hi guys, my boyfriend and I applied back in mid April and now it has been over a month since they said they had all the docs they needed and still no word. I have had to come out Oz without my boyfriend as I had a transfer set up through my work and we thought the visa would come a lot quicker than it has. Very stressful waiting and constantly checking emails. Fingers crossed for us all though...

Guest scc36

Just received an email - my husband's visa has been granted (subclass 100). Big celebrations in our house today!!!!! Took 8 weeks exactly to be processed. All that waiting was worth it in the end!!!!

Guest tomo66

congratulations, I think alot depends on who your c\o is, I have a feeling mine will be min 10 weeks or maybe 12, as my partner was born in Georgia, and I believe they are a bit prejudiced with non English speaking countries, they claim not to be, but they are.

Hi All,

Yesterday I got my De facto Visa - Yes so happy!!!

Want to thank you all for your support and want to wish all the best for anyone still waiting.

I am British but lived 20 years in Malta so had to apply to Berlin.

Booked flights to Brisbane and leave 17th July - just cannot wait.

Visa Applied: 11/02/09

Visa Granted: 25/06/09 (4 months and 2 weeks)

Will keep in touch and brilliant website to keep in touch. x x x x x x

Guest chelle1607

Visa sent recorded post 16th June (front loaded with Police check but not Health)

Confirmed receipt: 18th June (and money taken)

So far no CO assigned.

Guest Undecided!
Hi All,

Yesterday I got my De facto Visa - Yes so happy!!!

Want to thank you all for your support and want to wish all the best for anyone still waiting.

I am British but lived 20 years in Malta so had to apply to Berlin.

Booked flights to Brisbane and leave 17th July - just cannot wait.

Visa Applied: 11/02/09

Visa Granted: 25/06/09 (4 months and 2 weeks)

Will keep in touch and brilliant website to keep in touch. x x x x x x

Congratulations! (But 4 months was a LONG time.....!) Well done and best of luck!

Guest Emcooper

nope, I wish! have emailed the CO twice asking if they have everything ad if they want anything else please let us know asap as we have a baby due in a few weeks and would like to get all the paperwork out the way, havent heard anything.

Guest stevieitfc

I've sent off my Prospective Marriage Visa Apllication off today with health check, police checks etc. Hoping foor a quick turnaround :-)

Guest scotslad

I got my provisional spouse visa (309) today. Was eligible for permanent visa but sadly hadn't the foresight to keep any documentation proving that my wife and I had been together for over 5 years.

Submitted application front loaded with meds and police checks on 24-Apr and issued today 01-Jul.....and snap under 10 weeks to process.

I got my provisional spouse visa (309) today. Was eligible for permanent visa but sadly hadn't the foresight to keep any documentation proving that my wife and I had been together for over 5 years.

Submitted application front loaded with meds and police checks on 24-Apr and issued today 01-Jul.....and snap under 10 weeks to process.

Congrats, scotslad! There's hope for us all!

Guest Southern Cross

:smile:CONGRATULATIONS!

We are also celebrating - OH got the email this afternoon granting his spouse visa (100) - 8 weeks and 3 days (not that we were counting!)

We had the same CO scotslad - glad to know the waiting is over now!:jiggy:

Guest scotslad

Congratulations Southern Cross........I share your relief as despite clear police and med checks I was beginning to convince myself that I was going to be rejected for some tenuous reason.

I'm either heading to Perth or Melbourne as that's where our family lives.

All I need now is a job....ahem.....

To everyone still waiting.....good luck and I'm sure you'll all be sorted soon.

Guest Prudi

Hi All,

I`ve been finding that knowing what is going on with other people`s visas is really helpful, so I thought I`d put my details up. I have been inhabiting another forum, and I think I recognise a name here from over there!

Meds: April

Application received: 5/6/09 (Police check included)

Card charged: 5/6/09

E mail giving me file number and saying CO will be in touch shortly: 18/06/09

Still nowt from CO! I`ve been debating whether to ask when I can expect to hear from CO. Might give them a day or two more...

I`m hoping it will be treated as a fairly straightforward spouse visa - no dependants, no criminal records, no health issues will hopefully = no worries!

Sorry, that was an awful joke...

Congrats to those who`ve been successful!

Guest Emcooper

I wonder if we have the same case ofiicer? when he confirmed our meds had arrived, in his email he also said he would be in touch 'shortly' to finalize the application......2 emailsfrom us later, weve heard nothing.