SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest Gothic Rose

Hi SamP, I also have PS as my CO & submitted my Visa App 13th of Sept 2011. He told me to expect a decision in Feb 2012. Another member on here also has PS & they looked through this whole thread & it seems PS is pretty much a stickler for at least a five month processing time. Obviously I hope to hear you telling us your Visa comes through in record time because then mine may come through just after. The waiting is frustrating but just hang in there , like the rest of us are. Good Luck

Hi SamP, I also have PS as my CO & submitted my Visa App 13th of Sept 2011. He told me to expect a decision in Feb 2012. Another member on here also has PS & they looked through this whole thread & it seems PS is pretty much a stickler for at least a five month processing time. Obviously I hope to hear you telling us your Visa comes through in record time because then mine may come through just after. The waiting is frustrating but just hang in there , like the rest of us are. Good Luck

Hey Gothic Rose, I've read the whole thread and came to the same conclusion, I seem to have drawn the short straw with CO somewhat. If it's February I would scream truth be told. The fact that no-one seems to have gotten any specific guidance over dates or being able to bring it forward is just frustrating. I know he's got a job to do but it's strange to me that other people have the willingness or latitude to do it and he doesn't.

Re jtrd's comment, The only reason I thought my situation might be affected by my job wasn't so much having a job in Australia but the fact that I'm stuck here being unable to work. I can't get a new job as obviously I'm leaving for Australia so I'm basically stuck. Being unable to work and without your partner for an indeterminate time seems pretty extenuating to me but I'm not holding any great hope. You just have to try.

Worst case I'll just fly out anyway on a tourist visa, sit on the beach for a couple of weeks and then skip over to NZ for the 4 days but that's a few hundred dollars wasted and I have the hassle of having to get a return flight to the UK as I can't get a 1 way with a tourist visa. Cest la vie.

This forum definitely helps as you see other people going through it. I'd be going crazy if I didn't have the information that I've gotten from here.

Re jtrd's comment, The only reason I thought my situation might be affected by my job wasn't so much having a job in Australia but the fact that I'm stuck here being unable to work. I can't get a new job as obviously I'm leaving for Australia so I'm basically stuck. Being unable to work and without your partner for an indeterminate time seems pretty extenuating to me but I'm not holding any great hope. You just have to try.

QUOTE]

We were in the same situation, my OH worked for Focus who went out of business and he was made redundant and we have just had to sit tight and wait it out - it truly is gutwrenching, but hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer.

Guest marmitegirl

Hi SamP

I'm in the same position and same CO but 2 months behind you and Gothic Rose so please let us all know once you get a decision and I'll now when to expect mine. My parnter is in Oz and I'm stuck in the UK and unable to get a job as I'll hopefully be going to Oz once the visa comes through. We've been apart 6 weeks now and the waiting, lack of work, being seperate is unbearable!! So we've just decided that I will go back to Oz on a tourist visa early next year and leave when the decision is ready to be made. It's going to be a risky and expensive thing to do but to be honest we can't bear the thought of 6 months apart so its worth it. I realise that's the system and you just have to go with it but it really is a test of your relationship and dedication to a new life in Oz!! I totally feel for everyone going through this!

Hey guys...

I totally know what you mean about being seperated and not being able to work. My partner of 10 years and I moved to Oban from Canada 6 months ago. The job he was offered turned out to be a nightmare and he was seriously mistreated by management. An an Austrlian citizen, he began looking for a job in Australia and within a month was offered an amazing job with double the salary. He left in September while I have had to stay here in Oban to try and sort out my partner visa. I haven't been able to work because I know I will be leaving soon. As lovely as Oban is.... It's not the most exciting of places. We speak on the phone for about 2 hours a day (Thank God for TalkTalk unlimited international calls), but I really can't wait to join him. I got SV as my CO on Nov 25th, so I'm not expecting the visa to come through until March/April. Such a long time and it's driving me crazy. My partner suggested doing the whole tourist visa thing and waiting it out over there... but frankly, I don't want the bother going through customs with 100 questions, etc etc... Christmas is going to be tough :arghh:.

Anyway, I am so grateful for this website, cuz I can see that I am not alone in what I'm going through.... I can spend hours reading the various posts and live vicariously through those who have already been granted their visa.... Hope everyone is just great!!

Application for 309/100 sent 22/11, money taken 22/11, CO (SV) requests meds 25/11, meds done 05/12........ The wait continues.....

Wahoo !!!!!!!! got my visa today. Just under the 4 month mark again by AB. Now it all begins, flights to book, shipping company to book Brisbane here we come :hug::em3600:

Wahoo !!!!!!!! got my visa today. Just under the 4 month mark again by AB. Now it all begins, flights to book, shipping company to book Brisbane here we come :hug::em3600:

Awesome result, I saw you sent yours just a couple of weeks before mine. Oh to have your CO :)

Good luck with the packing, I'm just pretending mine will do itself :D

Fantastic! Bet you are over the moon! Lovin' AB!

When are you going?

Awesome result, I saw you sent yours just a couple of weeks before mine. Oh to have your CO :)

Good luck with the packing, I'm just pretending mine will do itself :D

You should hopefully hear soon too. I will hopefully be supervising shipping company with the packing as they all seem to do it themselves

Congratulations to you too :biggrin: When are you going back? which area are you going to?

Thanks. Did you get the 100? we are going back in may/june. I am from albany creek but now parents live in narangba so will be staying with them till we settle. What about you what are your plans?

Guest CNEALE100

Here's our fantastic news everybody! Hubby got his 100 visa today. Just checked the emails and found it!We are buzzing!!!! AB again with a received date of 6th September - ish. That's under 3 1/2 months. Having a cup of tea to celebrate as no wine in as it's a school night:laugh:!

Here's our fantastic news everybody! Hubby got his 100 visa today. Just checked the emails and found it!We are buzzing!!!! AB again with a received date of 6th September - ish. That's under 3 1/2 months. Having a cup of tea to celebrate as no wine in as it's a school night:laugh:!

Woo hoo - well done! 3.5 months is awesome news. Hopefully this is part of a trend!

Best of luck for your future plans in the sun :wink:

Thanks. Did you get the 100? we are going back in may/june. I am from albany creek but now parents live in narangba so will be staying with them till we settle. What about you what are your plans?

I got the 309 but I didn't expect to get the 100 straight away. Hoping to move to an area between the Gold Coast and Brisbane been looking at Eagleby but don't really know what the area is like. Initially we will be with the OH's sister in Thornlands therefore will have time to have a good look around. Just hope we can get jobs pretty quick; really excited. Good luck to eveyone