SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I am approved! Finally nudged our MA this morning about what was happening and it turns out we were actually granted on Friday 19th August! Very happy, and to be honest any excuse to drink a bottle of champers on a Monday is valid with me! Looking forward to the bank holiday for some more celebrating too.

Many thanks to everyone who has helped me out on here, whether it's been through conversation or just posting useful info about the whole process - it's been an addictive lifeline. Good luck to everyone applying, waiting and starting their new lives down under - I'll be over soon!

Here's our timeline:

10/03/11 - All docs sent to MA.

17/03/11 - Lodged application to AHC for Partner 309 Visa.

24/03/11 - C/O Assigned and Meds/PC requested.

11/04/11 - PC Done.

20/04/11 - Med Done.

19/08/11 - Visa granted!

We are in the final stages of booking our shipping company and I have booked flights for the beginning of December to Sydney with Singapore Airlines.

:jiggy:

Oh well done! Was a bit of a torturous wait for you, wasn't it? But as soon as you get the visa the waiting seems to vanish from memory as you get busy planning your move!

Thanks Adelaide, BackToAdelaide and TracyC!

WHOOP WHOOP! Indeed! I'm pretty sure I'm one of the last from the March crowd, very slow and steady! Another few weeks would have killed me, so very happy!

I've just come back from AHC with my shiny new visa sticker! I went there in the torrential rain and smiled thinking that I won't be getting cold and wet for too much longer! Adelaide have you got your blinging passport back now?

On with booking my shipping, done all my negotiating and have just got to decide who to use. Looking forward to tying up all the last things, but the biggy is out the way now!

Have you guys all booked flights, shipping companies, etc? When are we all off?

Thanks again and good luck!

Thanks Adelaide, BackToAdelaide and TracyC!

WHOOP WHOOP! Indeed! I'm pretty sure I'm one of the last from the March crowd, very slow and steady! Another few weeks would have killed me, so very happy!

I've just come back from AHC with my shiny new visa sticker! I went there in the torrential rain and smiled thinking that I won't be getting cold and wet for too much longer! Adelaide have you got your blinging passport back now?

On with booking my shipping, done all my negotiating and have just got to decide who to use. Looking forward to tying up all the last things, but the biggy is out the way now!

Have you guys all booked flights, shipping companies, etc? When are we all off?

Thanks again and good luck!

No not yet!! Starting to get a lil worried as it's coming up to a week now, so just rang AH and a nice chap is calling me back later as the tracking ref shows they received it but its not on the system!! :arghh:

Got a nervous wait now til after 4pm when he said he'd call me back, I pray it's not lost :wacko:

All flights booked 6th Jan and shipping company sorted for November, bring on the sunshine!! :jiggy: when are you going on the big bird?

Hey Adelaide, I'm sure everything will be fine - but it's not what you need just before the weekend! I could go around London looking for it otherwise, shouldn't be a problem finding it!

Ha, I'm on getting on the big bird on 7th Dec - so in time for a nice hot xmas.

Fingers crossed RE passport!

Hey Adelaide, I'm sure everything will be fine - but it's not what you need just before the weekend! I could go around London looking for it otherwise, shouldn't be a problem finding it!

Ha, I'm on getting on the big bird on 7th Dec - so in time for a nice hot xmas.

Fingers crossed RE passport!

Cheers! I'm hoping he brings me good news too.

Lovely jubley having a hot crimbo!! OH tells me I'm gonna fry my booty off when we land as it'll be in the heat of summer lol already purchased and armed with my factor 9000!! :biglaugh:

All the best for the 7th Dec :hug:

Guest lindon
Hi lindon, I have wp too. What date did you put it in

Hi Peemacgee, very close to your date , it was 19th of April .. I got an email at the beggining of August saying no further info needed and decision will be made between 19.09 and 19.10.. or earlier than given timeframes ..but she coudn't make any guarantees at that time.. uff

i gave my notice at work 2 weeks ago.. so my leaving date at work will be on 15th of november.

What about you ? have you heard from her?

Hi Peemacgee, very close to your date , it was 19th of April .. I got an email at the beggining of August saying no further info needed and decision will be made between 19.09 and 19.10.. or earlier than given timeframes ..but she coudn't make any guarantees at that time.. uff

i gave my notice at work 2 weeks ago.. so my leaving date at work will be on 15th of november.

What about you ? have you heard from her?

Hi lindon, i received an email from her on 13th may saying she had received all additional info. Did health check start of June. Hope she hurries up, she seams to do them just over 4 months.

Ooooh I've got AB too so I'll be keeping a close eye on when you get your visa. Hope it comes soon :biggrin:

FINALLY! We received email confirmation this morning.

Visa lodged 26/04, CO assigned 04/05 (AB), Medicals & Police Cert sent 15/05, Subclass 100 visa granted 26/08

What a relief!!! hope all the other april applications are progressed as quickly as ours (4 months exactly)

FINALLY! We received email confirmation this morning.

Visa lodged 26/04, CO assigned 04/05 (AB), Medicals & Police Cert sent 15/05, Subclass 100 visa granted 26/08

What a relief!!! hope all the other april applications are progressed as quickly as ours (4 months exactly)

Congratulations Aussidad. 4 months exactly for me tomorrow. maybe they will be kind and grant it a day early. Due to exchange contracts on our house today. So not to quote take that " today this could be, the greatest day of our lives"

ps not a take that fan

Congratulations Aussidad. 4 months exactly for me tomorrow. maybe they will be kind and grant it a day early. Due to exchange contracts on our house today. So not to quote take that " today this could be, the greatest day of our lives"

ps not a take that fan

ha ha, we are also waiting exchange of contracts....any day now!

Guest gdp326

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a partner visa if one of us is legally still married (separated for over 5 years) with decree nisi in 3 weeks but not sure how long decree absolute will take?

We posted application today because we want to move to Oz in Jan 2012.

Guest rachybabes87

Hi all, just a quick one, when i post my visa application do i send it recorded delivery? DIACs website seems to suggest not! Wanting to post tommorrow, please HELP!!!!

Hi all, just a quick one, when i post my visa application do i send it recorded delivery? DIACs website seems to suggest not! Wanting to post tommorrow, please HELP!!!!

I did, I wanted to know it definitely got there!

Guest Tillyloola
Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a partner visa if one of us is legally still married (separated for over 5 years) with decree nisi in 3 weeks but not sure how long decree absolute will take?

We posted application today because we want to move to Oz in Jan 2012.

It is possible to put in a de-facto visa application in providing that you have the 12 months cohabitation proof plus evidence that the previous relationship has broken down irretrievably.

Just a couple of things worth mentioning though:

I would have advised you to hold off sending your application and speak with a registered agent (perhaps even used one to do the whole application). It's not a straight forward one as one of you is still married to another person and it's so important to know what to say and not to say in an application of this type

Due to the fact that these applications are not as straight forward as a normal application and can take more time to receive their grant. Considering that that the normal quoted time is four to six months (averaging around 5 at the moment that would take you to the end of January by itself) for a straight forward application, it would be unlikely (but not completely impossible) that you would receive your visa by January.Maybe look to be heading off around March, and if it comes in before then, it's just gravy.:smile:

Good luck

Guest em and shaun

Hello everyone. Just thought id put our timeline up.

Visa sent to AHC: 14/06/2011

Email confirmation (asking for medical): 20/06/2011

Medical done: 08/07/2011

E-mail saying 5 to 6 month wait at the moment "should be finalised in november": 7/08/2011

So I have been trying to find out who our CO is. All our email correspondence has been from a lady is she our co??? everyone else seems to have 2 initials or something... its probably not that important but just curious... :huh:

Guest gdp326
It is possible to put in a de-facto visa application in providing that you have the 12 months cohabitation proof plus evidence that the previous relationship has broken down irretrievably.

Just a couple of things worth mentioning though:

I would have advised you to hold off sending your application and speak with a registered agent (perhaps even used one to do the whole application). It's not a straight forward one as one of you is still married to another person and it's so important to know what to say and not to say in an application of this type

Due to the fact that these applications are not as straight forward as a normal application and can take more time to receive their grant. Considering that that the normal quoted time is four to six months (averaging around 5 at the moment that would take you to the end of January by itself) for a straight forward application, it would be unlikely (but not completely impossible) that you would receive your visa by January.Maybe look to be heading off around March, and if it comes in before then, it's just gravy.:smile:

Good luck

Tillyloola,

Thanks for your reply.

I think that you are right that it might have been a better idea to use an agency but it is done now.

We will just have to wait and hope. I should know what their first reaction is in a couple of weeks when they ask for more details.

I will keep the forum posted with the progress.

Guest Spotlamp

Hi all,

Just a quick update on my visa timelines.

Posted: May 5th 2011

Granted: August 22nd 2011

Very pleased with 3.5 months. Flights booked, just need to find a job :biggrin:

H