SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hello

Great news - just got the e-mail to confirm that my partner visa has been granted. Effectively a turnaround of 3.5 months - surely a record! JF was my case officer.

Good luck to all still waiting.

evf

Partner visa Posted 28/4/11 C/O (JF) Assigned 12/5/11

Congratulations that is superb, I put mine in the day before, but have WP hope she does it as quick. As we are moving out of our house in next couple of weeks so might have a double celebration

Guest BazzRose
anyone else have JF?

I have JF too - had an email confirming receipt of application on 15th June, so about a week ahead of you. Last email I received from him saying he needed no more information and that granting date would be around Mid October.

Hi Sam. We had hoped to be off Sept/Oct (as I handed in my notice at school and have no job come Sept!)

But now, I guess before Xmas would be good - it ALL depends on selling the house. lots of viewings but no offers. What about you? When do you plan to go over? I know you were Sydney way as well, we might end up meeting.

Hey Tracy, at least you'll have some good time to get everything sorted with the move - have you chosen a shipping company yet? We plan on being in Sydney by Xmas too, whereabouts in Sydney are you looking at?

My daily activities at the moment include compulsively checking email account, and then this timeline :-) So exciting to hear the 3-4 months turnaround at the moment!

Our timeline (OH is applicant)

Visa submitted: 30 June 2011

Confirmed, paid and CO assigned on the same day as we handed in in person

Confirmation of meds completed and sent to HOC: 29th July 2011

CO confirmed HOC timeline of 3-6 weeks for processing.

Now... waiting....

Would love to be in Sydney for Christmas, but we'll just have to wait and see. We're also trying to plan what to take/what to sell, fun fun fun :-)

Congrats to all that have gotten the visa, and good luck to all the rest of us!

Guest jba41662

Hey all, im new to this, figured out what OH, and CO stand for lol but was wondering if there is anywhere that says who the CO's are....e.g JF, DP and so on Thanks:jiggy:

Hey all, im new to this, figured out what OH, and CO stand for lol but was wondering if there is anywhere that says who the CO's are....e.g JF, DP and so on Thanks:jiggy:

No, the whole idea of using the initials is to respect the privacy/identity of the case officers (COs). You can tell if someone has the same CO as you as you'll recognise the initials but it's not fair to list their names on a public forum.

Congrats, you must be over the moon! Everyone on our timeline is getting there now, exactly 5 months for me today...

I'm in the same boat as you, 5 months and 1 day now :o( got my MA on the case to find out what's happening. Fingers crossed we both hear something soon.

From other threads my CO sticks to the date she gives and doesn't grant earlier (if anything it would appear late!) I've only seen once grant early and that was because of special circumstances. Good luck!

Guest Carly87

Oohh its nerve racking looking at all the different timelines!! I submitted mine 3/8, MT hasnt give me an expected date as yet but im leaving for oz 16th Oct cant wait :) Good luck to everyone x

Hey, has anyone applied for the PMV, sent medicals and police checks and just waiting for the green light and then told their case officer they would return to aus on a tourist visa (3 months) and then just been connacted by them to say the visa will be granted in a few weeks so you need to leave the country and shift to NZ for the grant to happen?

I read somewhere someone did this but can't find the post again!!!! Has anyone done this? I live in the country in the UK so when I return there and apply il literally be stuck until they say yes ....I thought if i could return to aus on a tourist visa then I could at least be with my partner in our house...with a car ...and plan the wedding!

Can you go to aus on a toursit visa while another visa is being granted? Mental really, how do they expect you to plan a wedding.

Any help or advice would be great thanks!!!!

D27

Guest Carly87
Hey, has anyone applied for the PMV, sent medicals and police checks and just waiting for the green light and then told their case officer they would return to aus on a tourist visa (3 months) and then just been connacted by them to say the visa will be granted in a few weeks so you need to leave the country and shift to NZ for the grant to happen?

I read somewhere someone did this but can't find the post again!!!! Has anyone done this? I live in the country in the UK so when I return there and apply il literally be stuck until they say yes ....I thought if i could return to aus on a tourist visa then I could at least be with my partner in our house...with a car ...and plan the wedding!

Can you go to aus on a toursit visa while another visa is being granted? Mental really, how do they expect you to plan a wedding.

D27

Thats what im doing! My CO said its fine to travel to oz on a tourist visa then she will email me when the perm visa is ready to be finalised and i will have to leave oz for 3 working days for it to be granted! So looks like a little holiday to NZ for me :)

D27

Hi dr27. My partner who lives in the UK applied for her visa on the 24/5/11 and our CO (SV) suggested that my OH fly out here on an ETA visa and nip over to NZ for approval. She told us that she would give us notice of the exact visa approval date so we can book a flight to NZ. My partner applied for her ETA online and was approved instantly. She arrives here in OZ on the 6/9/11. It may cost a little more for flights to NZ but well worth it to be together again sooner. Hope this helps:wink:

I'm in the same boat as you, 5 months and 1 day now :o( got my MA on the case to find out what's happening. Fingers crossed we both hear something soon.

From other threads my CO sticks to the date she gives and doesn't grant earlier (if anything it would appear late!) I've only seen once grant early and that was because of special circumstances. Good luck!

Hey Adelaide, Yea we are on exactly the same timeline pretty much! I think out of our group we are the only stragglers left! It's nice to see that people have been granted theirs so quickly recently, we'll be fine - slow and steady! When are you looking at going? Organised any shipping yet?

Good luck!

D27

It's what darling husband is planning on doing (with the support of his CO) - although now we've actually booked his flights his CO has now said 'Processing times are currently around 5 months so your application will be ready to approve around mid November. I cannot give you a more specific date at this time. '

His flight currently departs 8/11 and lands 10/11...... Trailfinders (geniuses that they are) are currently checking to see if he can delay by a week or so, but I know the fare was a good price which usually means no.

Fingers crossed.....

Hey Adelaide, Yea we are on exactly the same timeline pretty much! I think out of our group we are the only stragglers left! It's nice to see that people have been granted theirs so quickly recently, we'll be fine - slow and steady! When are you looking at going? Organised any shipping yet?

Good luck!

Yeah really pleased for the one's who have been granted theirs but I think I've gone passed chewing my fingernails and I'm down to my elbows with the stress!! lol

We have already booked our flights for 6th January 2012, so glad we didn't plan to go early i.e visa 4 month mark otherwise we would be re-scheuling them. We have found a shipping company called J A Coles (based in Manchester) Jon was really friendly and seemed to know what he was talking about, just waiting for the nod now so we can get things rolling.

What about you? have you planned flights, shippers etc yet?

By the way, who's your CO?

Everything is all done for hubbys application - when should we hear an expected date for the visa? Does everyone get one (date that is)? How accurate are they?

I am so incredibly impatient and apart from this want to know everything, especially when it is out of my control in such a big way!

Everything is all done for hubbys application - when should we hear an expected date for the visa? Does everyone get one (date that is)? How accurate are they?

I am so incredibly impatient and apart from this want to know everything, especially when it is out of my control in such a big way!

No, not everyone does. It depends on the case officer. Everyone should receive confirmation of receipt of application from their case officer roughly 1-2 weeks after submission. You may also receive a futher email giving an estimated date of approval. We did not. After about 3 months we decided to email our CO to see if he could provide any update on the standard 5-6 months and he kindly provided us with a rough estimate ("hope to approve in the 2nd half of August"). As it turned out we got it slightly earlier than this.

Hey Adelaide and Peemacgee,

I've just been busy trying not to think about it, but it is a nail-biter indeed! Sounds good about booking flights, and shipping.

I'm looking into shipping at the moment, that's another kettle of fish! Flights to be booked as soon as it comes though.

Sorry for being coy, but I'd rather not reveal who our CO is, I don't want to give any ammo to challenge visa etc. But I know I'm being over conscious about it. BTW We haven't got the same CO.

Cheers

Hey Adelaide and Peemacgee,

I've just been busy trying not to think about it, but it is a nail-biter indeed! Sounds good about booking flights, and shipping.

I'm looking into shipping at the moment, that's another kettle of fish! Flights to be booked as soon as it comes though.

Sorry for being coy, but I'd rather not reveal who our CO is, I don't want to give any ammo to challenge visa etc. But I know I'm being over conscious about it. BTW We haven't got the same CO.

Cheers

No worries samc about being coy, just looks like yours was taking longer than others. Bet you are checking your email every 5 mins. I'm hoping ours comes soon, we are due to exchange contracts on our house in next few days, removal are sorted, but going to have to move in with mum for a while, whilst we sort our dogs details out. Hopefully going in October if all goes well.