SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi,

fiancée visa posted 17/2/11

money taken 18/2/11

c/o emailed requesting more info 24/2/11

extra info recieved by c/o 3/3/11

c/o requested police checks and meds 3/3/11

meds booked for the 18/3 there was a cancellation otherwise the wait would have been alot longer.. Standard email from c/o saying 5-6mts which i really hope isn't the case since I'm in Aus and my fiancée is in the UK! Sucks bigtime, plus our wedding is booked for the 5/11/11 so I hope it's quicker than 6months..

Fingers crossed

Guest dadoftwins

We instructed a visa agent in October 2010 and in November 2010 we submitted my wife's visa application and received acknowledgement of receipt on 22nd November 2010. We had been planning on submitting a 309 visa, but because we have 2 children both who are Aussie citizens through descent and hold Aussie passports, the agent said we could apply for the permanent visa (100) straight away.

The application was submitted with the police checks, medicals and all the evidence under the sun and they haven't requested anything further from us, but we received the standard message of 5-6 month processing times. Being an impatient person, I've asked the agent to chase them, but they just quote the 5-6 month line. Apparently they don't put visa stickers in the passports any more as it's all done electronically so they won't be asking for my wife's passport. So this means the next time we hear something it will hopefully be good. Judging by others responses it sounds like we will be waiting until end of April.

We instructed a visa agent in October 2010 and in November 2010 we submitted my wife's visa application and received acknowledgement of receipt on 22nd November 2010. We had been planning on submitting a 309 visa, but because we have 2 children both who are Aussie citizens through descent and hold Aussie passports, the agent said we could apply for the permanent visa (100) straight away.

The application was submitted with the police checks, medicals and all the evidence under the sun and they haven't requested anything further from us, but we received the standard message of 5-6 month processing times. Being an impatient person, I've asked the agent to chase them, but they just quote the 5-6 month line. Apparently they don't put visa stickers in the passports any more as it's all done electronically so they won't be asking for my wife's passport. So this means the next time we hear something it will hopefully be good. Judging by others responses it sounds like we will be waiting until end of April.

It is worth pushing them to put a sticker in her passport - DIAC may have updated their systems to be electronic, but potential employers, bank managers, medicare staff still ask to see a physical visa.

It is worth pushing them to put a sticker in her passport - DIAC may have updated their systems to be electronic, but potential employers, bank managers, medicare staff still ask to see a physical visa.

Didn't realise this was an option so that's good to know thanks.:notworthy: Will be hard pressed to get my visa at all at this rate though, let alone get a stamp in it! 6 months and 4 days and counting :mad::mad: :arghh:

Guest siamsusie

I found it caused me a couple of problems not having the physical sticker in my passport, particularly in Asia , a quick trip to Hobart DIAC and the sticker was inserted in a minute.

It's certainly well worth while having :wubclub: Susie x

Guest Savannah1
Hi,

Yes I did email WP only 2 weeks ago to ask what was happening. He said that my visa would be approved end of March as was said by JF. So I wasnt expecting it at all.

Hopefully you should get yours very soon looking at your application date, fingers crossed for you.

Thanks so much for this - I hope so too! I have emailed WP and I got a slightly curt reply just saying about the 5/6 months timeline. SOunds like its more promising though as you have got yours. Thanks for the help though. Much appreciated!

Guest dadoftwins

I just mentioned that to the migration agent and she said the AHC will email the confirmation of grant letter which confirms that the visa has been approved and this can be used as evidence of my wifes visa status and this should be acceptable to third parties as confirming of her right to reside in Australia.

Guest sinead
Best of luck Sinead. We're in Dublin too and have applied for the same visa. Hopefully you don't get our CO! You should get confirmation of receipt of you application and CO within the next 10 days.

Hope i dont get the same as your c/o!! LOL!!, thats terrible!! so we've applied around the same time, will be interesting to see how we go...:biggrin:

Guest rache&matt
Thanks so much for this - I hope so too! I have emailed WP and I got a slightly curt reply just saying about the 5/6 months timeline. SOunds like its more promising though as you have got yours. Thanks for the help though. Much appreciated!

Hi, To be honest the reply I got from WP was a little blunt, I felt rather put in my place!!! But then to my surprise came the visa 2 weeks later, good luck.

Would just like to say I was officially granted my subclass 100 "PERMANENT" visa to Australia today at 2.15pm !

It has been a huge mission and journey and thank you so much to all those that have given me support on here but I am there at last and the weight off my shoulders is immense !

I only applied for the 309 so despite the 6 month and 1 week wait I am pleased that my next mission is going to be my citizenship and then I will be the same as my hubby and my 2 lovely boys!

Happy Happy Happy!

Good luck to all those still waiting! To you all x

Anyone fancy a wee Bundaberg rum with me right now?!!

Guest Savannah1
Hi, To be honest the reply I got from WP was a little blunt, I felt rather put in my place!!! But then to my surprise came the visa 2 weeks later, good luck.

Thats amazing! Well I just emailed again as it was nearly a month ago I sent any email to her so figure I would try one more time for good luck! Fingers crossed I get a positive reply! I get so nervous emailing as if they will decline me if I ask too many times!

Guest Savannah1
Thats amazing! Well I just emailed again as it was nearly a month ago I sent any email to her so figure I would try one more time for good luck! Fingers crossed I get a positive reply! I get so nervous emailing as if they will decline me if I ask too many times!

Ha I dont believe it! I just emailed and now the CO who took over is out of the office!!! They are back on my birthday though so hopefully it will be the best present ever!!!

Guest pegeen
Ha I dont believe it! I just emailed and now the CO who took over is out of the office!!! They are back on my birthday though so hopefully it will be the best present ever!!!

Anyone know if DP is out of the office too?

Guest Savannah1
Anyone know if DP is out of the office too?

Dont think so - only ones I know are JF and WP. If you email through you will know as you will get an immediate out of office reply.

Guest WaitingPatiently
Would just like to say I was officially granted my subclass 100 "PERMANENT" visa to Australia today at 2.15pm !

It has been a huge mission and journey and thank you so much to all those that have given me support on here but I am there at last and the weight off my shoulders is immense !

I only applied for the 309 so despite the 6 month and 1 week wait I am pleased that my next mission is going to be my citizenship and then I will be the same as my hubby and my 2 lovely boys!

Happy Happy Happy!

Good luck to all those still waiting! To you all x

Anyone fancy a wee Bundaberg rum with me right now?!!

Congratulations on your permanent junellew!!! I also have SV so was dishartened to hear she seems to take longer than other COs to grant the visas (and is not very polite) but am so so glad you finally got yours. Well done and enjoy the celebrations!:biggrin:

Guest WaitingPatiently

Hi all,

My finace and I found this site so helpful when preparing our partner visa application and this particular forum has been so helpful while we've been waiting for it to be processed. I'm the Aussie and my finace is the Pome and we're both currently in the UK. Here are our details:

14 Jan 2011 - application submitted in person at Australia House London,

money taken that day also (they are always quick to do that haha).

25 Jan 2011 - First contact from CO (SV), request for additional evidence of

relationship, did not request health or police checks at this stage.

4 Feb 2011 - additional evidence sent (after much searching around for documents

almost 2 years old!).

24 Feb 2011 - Health and police checks requested.

We have assumed that because they are requesting the health and police checks now and haven't asked for any further info on the relationship that they have enough evidence of the relationship to approve the visa... is this a reasonable assumption??? What do others think? Any reassurance or advice would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Guest Toffa

Hello all... I've been following this thread and it has been incredibly useful. Its great to hear so many success stories.

I do have a question tho. We sent ours in and have received a response back from DP requesting only Health and Police checks. Does that mean that everything else we sent in is enough and they only need these two checks now??

Does anyone have experiences where they asked for Health and Police checks then down the line requested more evidence for the relationship??

I am Australian with my partner requesting a visa with no kids involved. Is it as straight forward as that or will there be more evidence required based on your experience with their responses??

Guest WaitingPatiently
Hello all... I've been following this thread and it has been incredibly useful. Its great to hear so many success stories.

I do have a question tho. We sent ours in and have received a response back from DP requesting only Health and Police checks. Does that mean that everything else we sent in is enough and they only need these two checks now??

Does anyone have experiences where they asked for Health and Police checks then down the line requested more evidence for the relationship??

I am Australian with my partner requesting a visa with no kids involved. Is it as straight forward as that or will there be more evidence required based on your experience with their responses??

Hi Toffa, it seems we posted at almost the same time with very similar situations and looking for the same info. From my experience our first response was for some for some more evidence (clearly stating health or police checks were not required yet). Then once I had supplied that the next request was for health and police checks. We have assumed that means they have all the info they need on the relationship now (sounds like you have too) although hopefully someone can reassure us or advise us soon as to wheather they ever request more info down the track. Fingers crossed for us both :biggrin:

Guest pegeen

I think thats the standard line Toffa! Whats your timeline so far?

Guest Toffa

Fingers crossed indeed... I read yours when I posted mine.. be interesting the timelines for both of us...

We'll wait back to hear about our meds and police checks.. hopefully that will be everything

Guest Toffa

Our timeline so far has been:

24/2/2011 - Sent in the form

02/03/2011 - Money taken from our account

04/03/2011 - Request for Medical and Police checks, nothing else to send in.

We've just sent our Police check in with our docs appointment at the end of the week. The doc sends in the results of the check don't they so hopefully that is done quickly as well.

Guest Savannah1
Apologies for the late update...after having the processing fee taken out of my account on 8th August 2010 we finally got the de facto visa on the 24th of January. This was one week before we flew out and whilst we were travelling through Africa!

We had JF as our caseworker and used Global Visas to check our application and submit it. Would I use Global Visas again, perhaps but they weren't brilliant but they were helpful. In the end however it did feel like JF was doing us a favour in granting the visa a couple of days prior to the 6month deadline!

We spent two days in London and then flew to Melbourne on the 2nd of February! I have now been gainfully employed for 3days so it has been a complete whirlwind. Struggling to find a flat but I think that is simply par for the course. I would also recommend bring as much documentation such as previous bills, rental references and bank statements as possible.

If anyone has any questions please feel free and I'll answer them as best I can.

First impressions of living in Melbourne is that something's are more expensive, something's are less expensive and most thing's are better quality! Good luck everyone, it really is worth it.

Hiya, I have JF as my CO aswell and just wanted to know what actually happens when you get your visa? Did you get an email or letter in the post and did you have to send you passport off? Thanks