SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Normally, when the CO requests medicals and police checks it is a sign that the rest of your application is in order and ready to be approved (they don't want you to undertake the additional expense until they're clear that they can offer you a visa).

As most of the processing time is taking by your application sitting in a pile waiting to be looked at, I can't see it being any problem asking your CO to hold off on requesting them from you until they have a clear idea of your grant date.

Thanks Peach, sorry i didn't respond sooner I didn't realise anyone had responded to my question. Thats good to know

Just wondered if anyone has or has had case officer with the initials SV??? I am struggling with her! Keep chasing my visa and she gave me the date of 26th Feb after much persuasion then when I call today she says "that was just an estimate" and that they're really busy and I have to wait. It's been over 6 months now and I want it!!:mad: She is always really short on the phone as well and I think "I paid hundreds for this visa, wouldn't mind a bit of decent customer service" . Anyway, rant over! :wink: just wondered if anyone else had any experience of her?

Ps - Hi Bezza, good luck with your visa, hope all goes well!

Junellew - we've also got SV as our case officer. I haven't had too much contact with her, and always via email, but she can come across a bit short/formal, even when I try to be friendly!! I asked the other day whether there was a date for when my visa would be issued and she replied really quickly to say around the 5th March. There was no mention of them being busy so maybe she was just covering her back??

Fingers crossed you'll get the confirmation soon! :smile:

Thanks Biffo - I'm glad its not just me she's short with - she must be sad she doesn't get to move to Aus too!:tongue: I think she's fed up of me by now, just so annoying when I know other case officers have said it's only a matter of pressing a button when your time comes. I Hope its our time this week then! Lets put the champagne on ice just in-case!

Just wondered if anyone has or has had case officer with the initials SV??? I am struggling with her! Keep chasing my visa and she gave me the date of 26th Feb after much persuasion then when I call today she says "that was just an estimate" and that they're really busy and I have to wait. It's been over 6 months now and I want it!!:mad: She is always really short on the phone as well and I think "I paid hundreds for this visa, wouldn't mind a bit of decent customer service" . Anyway, rant over! :wink: just wondered if anyone else had any experience of her?

Hi Yes i have just recieved an email daying my appilication has been recieved by a person with the initals SV. I found the email quiet exciiting as SV did mention that my visa would be granted on july 22nd!! Felt it was quiet positive... since reading your email i dont think ill ring her as im afraid ill rock the boat. So thanks for the tip!! I will be sticking to emailing instead..

Hi Yes i have just recieved an email daying my appilication has been recieved by a person with the initals SV. I found the email quiet exciiting as SV did mention that my visa would be granted on july 22nd!! Felt it was quiet positive... since reading your email i dont think ill ring her as im afraid ill rock the boat. So thanks for the tip!! I will be sticking to emailing instead..

Hi Clipclop,

Do you mind me asking when you sent yours in? I sent mine end of Jan and haven't heard back yet. I got some of the things I sent as proof of rel along with some passport port photos and a crumpled post-it note saying to use these for medicals but no email from a case officer. I think I'll just ring them to find out what is going on. Am eager to get things moving

Guest rache&matt

Well what a surprise today.

I got granted my subclass 100 visa, just over 4 months since application.

Sent in 29/10/10, granted 2/3/11.

Alot quicker than originally told so I am delighted.

Guest DaneD

Hey everyone,

I have just applied for a a Prospective Marriage Visa. Am I in the right place? Anyways, I have read a lot of posts on the site and found it very, very helpful.

My front loaded application was recieved on 24.2.11. I recieved an email from my migration officer on 2.3.11, so that was faster than expected. I need to provide an Australian Police check as I lived there for a couple of years. Not ideal, but I am glad that the ball is finally rolling.

Just got to play the old waiting game now....

Guest halfad

Hi. We applied for our visa on 27 Jan and have case office SV. Found her to be very curt unfortunately.

We want to have medical in place when she requests this. Is this something we should do or should we wait? There is currently a 4 week wait list for medicals and time is of the essence!!

Well I'm glad its not just me in a way!

I waited until my medial was requested which didn't take too long to be honest....just don't bother asking her any questions about it or expect any replies! I didn't have a waiting list as we are in Scotland and got in with in a couple of days. At the time I wasn't sure whether you definitely had to have one or not so didn't get it before but it does seem it is a given tha:mad:t you have to have one now so I doubt it can hurt to get on the waiting list for it?!

Good luck with your journey - sorry you drew the short straw too! I'm still waiting!

Hi. We applied for our visa on 27 Jan and have case office SV. Found her to be very curt unfortunately.

We want to have medical in place when she requests this. Is this something we should do or should we wait? There is currently a 4 week wait list for medicals and time is of the essence!!

It depends, if you plan to drop everything and leave the moment your visa is granted? then get your medicals done now. If you'd like a little more time to sort things out then wait till the CO requests them. Either way it won't effect the processing time of the visa - it sits in a pile waiting to be looked at.

(P.S. SV was my CO and I couldn't find a way to hurry her along!) :biggrin:

Guest Savannah1
Well what a surprise today.

I got granted my subclass 100 visa, just over 4 months since application.

Sent in 29/10/10, granted 2/3/11.

Alot quicker than originally told so I am delighted.

So pleased to hear this - have the same situation as JF is my original CO and now have WP. Hoping that she will grant my as quickly as entered my application on the 25th November. Did you contact WP at all? Thanks!

Guest rache&matt

Hi,

Yes I did email WP only 2 weeks ago to ask what was happening. He said that my visa would be approved end of March as was said by JF. So I wasnt expecting it at all.

Hopefully you should get yours very soon looking at your application date, fingers crossed for you.

Guest spideychick

Hi all

I have read your timelines with great interest and thought I would update you of ours. My fiancé is British and he has applied for immigration to Sydney. Our case officer is LG

2nd December 2010 application sent off

14 December 2010 Received email saying application received & further info requested. Ie letter from celebrant etc (whom we were meeting just prior to Christmas in Sydney). Also requested fiancé have medical checks - unfortunately he was in Australia for Christmas so medical checks had to wait

12th January Medicals completed in London

20th January informed letter from marriage celebrant and photos not received (UGH) – even though they had been sent

26th January another set of pics and marriage celebrant letter sent by registered post

4th February Email received from CO apologising that she had received the first set of pics and celebrants letter but she wasn’t sure why they were not updated on our file. She had received medicals from the panel doctors on that day and she states they need to be referred to health ops for further processing – probably because my fiancé had had a minor heart attack approx 5 years ago. This can take up to 4 weeks for the extra processing.

3rd March Fiancé emailed CO for update and told meds received back only yesterday (this seems to be sooo drawn out) and they have been cleared. CO also advises that application will be ready to finalise around the beginning of May. (we both wonder what this means).

4th March fiancé emails back CO asking for some clarification of the above and receives back: As advised below I will finalise (approve) your application around the beginning of May. There is nothing further for you to provide or do. Does this mean that the Visa is approved ?

So this is where we are now. He is madly dashing around tidying up his house so it is ready to list for sale around the end of March. We are hoping it will be sold within a month and that will sort of coincide with the whatever happens at the beginning of May.

Does anyone know why we have to wait this extra 8 weeks ?

Thanks in advance for any replies J

Hi all

I have read your timelines with great interest and thought I would update you of ours. My fiancé is British and he has applied for immigration to Sydney. Our case officer is LG

2nd December 2010 application sent off

14 December 2010 Received email saying application received & further info requested. Ie letter from celebrant etc (whom we were meeting just prior to Christmas in Sydney). Also requested fiancé have medical checks - unfortunately he was in Australia for Christmas so medical checks had to wait

12th January Medicals completed in London

20th January informed letter from marriage celebrant and photos not received (UGH) – even though they had been sent

26th January another set of pics and marriage celebrant letter sent by registered post

4th February Email received from CO apologising that she had received the first set of pics and celebrants letter but she wasn’t sure why they were not updated on our file. She had received medicals from the panel doctors on that day and she states they need to be referred to health ops for further processing – probably because my fiancé had had a minor heart attack approx 5 years ago. This can take up to 4 weeks for the extra processing.

3rd March Fiancé emailed CO for update and told meds received back only yesterday (this seems to be sooo drawn out) and they have been cleared. CO also advises that application will be ready to finalise around the beginning of May. (we both wonder what this means).

4th March fiancé emails back CO asking for some clarification of the above and receives back: As advised below I will finalise (approve) your application around the beginning of May. There is nothing further for you to provide or do. Does this mean that the Visa is approved ?

So this is where we are now. He is madly dashing around tidying up his house so it is ready to list for sale around the end of March. We are hoping it will be sold within a month and that will sort of coincide with the whatever happens at the beginning of May.

Does anyone know why we have to wait this extra 8 weeks ?

Thanks in advance for any replies J

Yes, this does mean the visa is approved in all but name (obviously until it is in your hand nothing is a 100%!).

There is no clear reason as to why you have to wait the extra time. If you push them, you'll get told about a monthly quota. If you point out that partner visas aren't supposed to be subject to a quota (by their own rules), you'll get told it is a resource issue.

Either way applications sit in a pile until their number comes up... :arghh:

Hi Clipclop,

Do you mind me asking when you sent yours in? I sent mine end of Jan and haven't heard back yet. I got some of the things I sent as proof of rel along with some passport port photos and a crumpled post-it note saying to use these for medicals but no email from a case officer. I think I'll just ring them to find out what is going on. Am eager to get things moving

Hi there sorry didnt get back tii now but wae s moving out of my house etc ... Immi dept received mine on the 22nd of Feb and My CO had emailed me back exacty a week later. I had put in my medical and poice check aswell.. It was quicker than i expected to be honest ..i belive you normaly here from them in about ten working days so maybe its worth giving them a ring ..

Hi there sorry didnt get back tii now but wae s moving out of my house etc ... Immi dept received mine on the 22nd of Feb and My CO had emailed me back exacty a week later. I had put in my medical and poice check aswell.. It was quicker than i expected to be honest ..i belive you normaly here from them in about ten working days so maybe its worth giving them a ring ..

Hi Clipclop,

Thanks for getting back to me. I rang them on Thursday. Turns out they sent the email to the wrong address. I now have a case officer. I was so excited. He said everything is looking good. Will be making the appointment for the meds on monday. It's such a relief to get sorted- well to this point anyway:biggrin:

Guest sinead

Hi Everyone!! posted off our spouse/partner migration application on Friday!!!!Cant believe its finally done!!!! And so begins the waiting game!!! i just wanna book our tickets!! LOL!! has there been any cases of people not getting them before? I know i shoiuldn be worrying, im an ozzie and we have to kids who are now ozzie citizens through descent so it should be pretty straight forward!! LOL!!

Guest halfad

Best of luck Sinead. We're in Dublin too and have applied for the same visa. Hopefully you don't get our CO! You should get confirmation of receipt of you application and CO within the next 10 days.

Guest sinead
Best of luck Sinead. We're in Dublin too and have applied for the same visa. Hopefully you don't get our CO! You should get confirmation of receipt of you application and CO within the next 10 days.

Oh no... that dosnt sound to good is your C/O not nice?? how long have you it in now?? are you an ozzie or the OH??

Guest halfad

Over 4 weeks since we submitted. CO was very abrupt and has more or less told us we will be waiting 5 months. My OH is a Brisie girl and can't wait to get home!!