SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi Katherine, when i got the email stating that they had received my visa and asked for further info, it didn't say i had a co, but the person it was from said i should send any mail direct to her and if i need to contact any one i should speak to her directly, she also said she aimed to process the visa as quickly as possible, im guessing this is my co!

I see your heading to Melbourne ay, i lived there the last two years, beautiful city, what suburb are you moving to? I lived in Brunswick for a few months and then moved to Greensborough with my fiance, beautiful out that way.

Ez and Luch

Hi guys,

Yes, sounds as though that will be your CO.

Yep, Melbourne is lovely, I can't wait. I'll be out in the Western Suburbs to start with, then if I ever win the lotto hopefully Williamstown, I love it there. I'm looking forward to exploring far more in the coming months and years!

Where are you headed once your visa is in the bag? Hope you get through the next few months wait without driving yourselves too crazy. We're led to believe that the PMV and 309 Partner visas are some of the most straightforward but its still an anxious time, no doubt about that!

Best of luck with it.

Guest Luciano

Hey, yeah its nice out there, iv got a few mates that live around Maribyrnong. We'll be living with Ez's parents in Greensborough for the first month or so, were looking to get a place in Eltham.

In the next few years were going to set up a cafe, its been our dream for years so were going to start working towards it.

The last month and next few are going to be the most anxious and stressfull of our lifes, you guys must be wrapped ay, very happy for you both.

I'm guessing that there pretty accurate with the visa waiting times, how long did they advise you the waiting time was for your visa? I think the PMV takes longer, im not to sure ay, we've been told it will take 5-6 months. I saw some old posts from last year and they were taking around 3 months to process but i think they are taking longer now.

Thanks heaps for your advise ay, its very much appreciated.

Ez and Luch

Guest mickthemackem

Hi i would just like to know if after having the medical done the co emails to let you know they have received them and no more info is required.

my medical was done on 15th dec.

Thanks for reading.

Mick

Guest mickthemackem

Hi Ez and Luch,

I havent heard anything from my co, i was starting to get a bit worried.

After sending everything in i was only asked to do the medical i dont think they needed any more info.

The doctor doing the medical said he was hoping to send it to oz house on the 17th of dec, so they should have it by now.

Let me know if you hear anything.

cheers

Mick

Hey, yeah its nice out there, iv got a few mates that live around Maribyrnong. We'll be living with Ez's parents in Greensborough for the first month or so, were looking to get a place in Eltham.

In the next few years were going to set up a cafe, its been our dream for years so were going to start working towards it.

The last month and next few are going to be the most anxious and stressfull of our lifes, you guys must be wrapped ay, very happy for you both.

I'm guessing that there pretty accurate with the visa waiting times, how long did they advise you the waiting time was for your visa? I think the PMV takes longer, im not to sure ay, we've been told it will take 5-6 months. I saw some old posts from last year and they were taking around 3 months to process but i think they are taking longer now.

Thanks heaps for your advise ay, its very much appreciated.

Ez and Luch

Hi guys,

Sounds like a great dream, good luck with the Cafe!

I gather that DIAC waiting times are being processed within 5-6 months at present (which goes for both the PMV and 309 partner visa, as far as I know). The waiting times for these went up after the Australian General Election last year. This can change though, and regularly does. Only a couple of years ago processing times were only a matter of weeks!

Your CO should be able to update you on this but don't be afraid to ask. Most people think its a good idea not to hassle their CO too often, but I wouldn't worry about getting in touch if you have any queries. My CO was really helpful.

Katherine

Guest Luciano

Will do mate, i wouldnt be too worried ay as they were closed over cristmas and new year, i checked the web site and they only started back on wensday, im going to give my co a call on Monday if i havent heard anything and ill let you know how it goes and if i hear from her before then ill let you mate.

Ez and Luch

Guest Luciano

Thanks The Optimist, ill give her a call on Monday as i have a day of work. We will be stoked if the visa goes through before the advised time. Did you have an interview and if so, was it in person or over the phone? I gather that most interviews are done over the phone.

My fiance has been offered a job at her old place of work in Melbourne so she is heading back in the next week to start work. We both want to stay with each other untill the visa is granted but its a one time offer and it is a great job so it would be silly to turn it down and it also gives Ez some extra time to arrange the wedding and get things ready for when i join her. Its going to make the next few months so much harder. I will inform my co about this, im sure it wont effect the dicision in any way, if any thing it should be better, as she will have a permanent job and iv already got a job with my pevious employer waiting for me.

Thanks heaps again for you advise

Ez and Luch

Thanks The Optimist, ill give her a call on Monday as i have a day of work. We will be stoked if the visa goes through before the advised time. Did you have an interview and if so, was it in person or over the phone? I gather that most interviews are done over the phone.

My fiance has been offered a job at her old place of work in Melbourne so she is heading back in the next week to start work. We both want to stay with each other untill the visa is granted but its a one time offer and it is a great job so it would be silly to turn it down and it also gives Ez some extra time to arrange the wedding and get things ready for when i join her. Its going to make the next few months so much harder. I will inform my co about this, im sure it wont effect the dicision in any way, if any thing it should be better, as she will have a permanent job and iv already got a job with my pevious employer waiting for me.

Thanks heaps again for you advise

Ez and Luch

No problem, you're very welcome. I'm no expert, just happen to have gone through the same process very recently (well, similar, I have a 309 Defacto visa).

Afraid that being apart makes no ounce of difference to DIAC. I have been apart from my boyfriend for getting on for 7 months (tough) and afraid that it isn't a factor to them and won't speed things up :sad:.

I think that most people are finding that the time line stated by DIAC is pretty accurate for visa approvals. Not sure I've heard of anyone getting their visa granted earlier than the estimated time. But you can always hope. Though wouldn't get your hopes up too high.

We weren't asked to be interviewed at all, not everyone is. But would have thought it would be over the phone if you are.

Guest mickthemackem

Hi Ez and Luch,

I have just checked my emails and my co has emailed to say all documents have

been received and assessed and my visa is due to be granted around the 18th april.

I hope you hear something soon.

All the best.

Mick

Guest emilydeano

Hi there...

I'm new to the website but thought I would put my stats up as reading everyone elses has helped me so much over the last few months...

31/08/10 Application recieved by Australia House, London

7/09/10 Case officer requested additional info

17/09/10 additional info recieved by CO

20/10/10 Requested to do arrange medical and complete security checks

16/11/10 Email confirming all info had been recieved and nothing more required form us

05/01/11 Email recieved saying that my CO would finalise my application by the end of this month at the latest and I would receive my visa grant letter electronically by email.

I was told 5-6 months when I applied and it looks like mine will be through in 4-5 months.

My boyfriend went back to Oz due to his visa running out here at the end of November, I haven't been waiting as long as some people yet but I'm itching to be back with him. I take the last email I recieved to be pretty confident and so planning on heading to be back with him 9th Feb.

I emailed my CO for an update on 4th Jan as I was getting a bit impatient and I just wanted to make contact to make sure my application hadn't just been out to the bottom of the pile and forgetten, I have been very concious of not pestering as I didn't want it to go against me but I think that if you haven't heard something for 6 weeks and are feeling impatient politely ask for an update, it's not going to do you any harm but put your mind at ease...afterall we've all paid them enough money we should be allowed a bit of peace of mind!! :)

Good luck to everyone...and anyone applying in London and are feeling nervous I hope reading other people's timescales help out a little...we will all get there in the end!!

Guest Mikeslady
Hey there!

I got my Visa approved today - totally over the moon and a great way to start the New Year!

Good luck to you all

xx

Big congratulations CatMac, that's great news!!! After a quiet December, it'll be nice to see visas coming through this month - It'll give those of us still waiting a little bit of hope. All the best for your new life in Oz!!!! :biggrin:

Guest Nathnanth

Happy New Year Everybody!!!!

I'm literally beside myself with joy!

Here are the details: Everyone has been so helpful on this thread, and i'd I hope any information I provide will be a help....

September 10th - Partner Visa Subclass 309/100 submitted front loaded with police checks and medicals.

September 14th - Case officer contacted via email confirmation of receipt of application and payment taken.

Advised that processing time was taking between 5 and 6 months.

10th January - Visa Granted!!!!:jiggy:

between the 14th of september 2010 and about a week ago, I kept regularly in contact with the CO, almost to the point of being annoying!

Background:

My partner is Australian, we have a son together, and I have an older son from a previous relationship.

Originally, I put both my sons on the application, but the CO had informed me that it would be easier to apply for (aus) citizenship for our youngest then he did not need to be added - which is what we did.

We regards to my eldest: My Ex had to sign quite a bit of paper work including a 118 form, and a "Leave to Remove" form. Which we wrote ourselves and got notorised.

This obviously took alot of cooperation from my Ex which he (reluctantly) did.

The cost for all the notarial services came to about £300

Our flight is om the 30th and i'm so excited, Nath and and our youngest are already out there and I can't wait to be with them any longer.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

And thanks for everyones contributions!

Anthea :notworthy:

Guest Mikeslady
Happy New Year Everybody!!!!

I'm literally beside myself with joy!

Here are the details: Everyone has been so helpful on this thread, and i'd I hope any information I provide will be a help....

September 10th - Partner Visa Subclass 309/100 submitted front loaded with police checks and medicals.

September 14th - Case officer contacted via email confirmation of receipt of application and payment taken.

Advised that processing time was taking between 5 and 6 months.

10th January - Visa Granted!!!!:jiggy:

between the 14th of september 2010 and about a week ago, I kept regularly in contact with the CO, almost to the point of being annoying!

Background:

My partner is Australian, we have a son together, and I have an older son from a previous relationship.

Originally, I put both my sons on the application, but the CO had informed me that it would be easier to apply for (aus) citizenship for our youngest then he did not need to be added - which is what we did.

We regards to my eldest: My Ex had to sign quite a bit of paper work including a 118 form, and a "Leave to Remove" form. Which we wrote ourselves and got notorised.

This obviously took alot of cooperation from my Ex which he (reluctantly) did.

The cost for all the notarial services came to about £300

Our flight is om the 30th and i'm so excited, Nath and and our youngest are already out there and I can't wait to be with them any longer.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

And thanks for everyones contributions!

Anthea :notworthy:

Congratulations!!!! :biggrin: Wow 4 months, that's brilliant. Did your CO give you any hint in the last week that your visa was coming?

Guest rgourlay

Congratulations :) .. I am just waiting for my visa to be approved and in a similar situation as my wife is an Aussie, two kids, married for years and hope to have the visa finalised by the end of January (submitted end of August). Sorry to bug you but did you get subclass 100 visa granted for permanent residency or the 309 temp one?

Enjoy the adventure :)

Guest gavincoleman13

Hi everyone

submitted application (309/100) 20th December (front loaded with police check and medical)

Payment taken 21st Deember

Email from C/O 23rd December asking for couple more things

all personal items and original documents (joint bank statements, bills etc) recevied back on 28th December

Sent requested items 4th January

Email from C/O 11 January sayin no further information required at this time, processing is 5-6 months

keeping fingers crossed this is a good sign

Hi everyone

submitted application (309/100) 20th December (front loaded with police check and medical)

Payment taken 21st Deember

Email from C/O 23rd December asking for couple more things

all personal items and original documents (joint bank statements, bills etc) recevied back on 28th December

Sent requested items 4th January

Email from C/O 11 January sayin no further information required at this time, processing is 5-6 months

keeping fingers crossed this is a good sign

Thanks for the post and good luck with the application.

Hi all,

Its great to read through all your success stories and see so many people in the same boat!

I haven't investigated visas in quite a few months. I returned from Oz in Spring 2008 having met my boyfriend in December 07. We have stayed together while have been back in Ireland trying to get a on-line business off the ground which I can now run from Oz.

We keep in daily contact, by phone email and even the odd snail mail. My boyfriend has visited twice , once for 6 weeks and again recently for 3weeks and I intend to go back in the Summer. The processing times we're at about 3 months the last time I checked so I'm slightly aghast to see that they've gone up to 5-6months eeek!

I'm a little worried about our prospects as its so long since we've been together on a permanent basis. On the plus side he works for a government department which I'm hoping they will look upon favourably. Also we're not "officially" engaged, he wants to wait to get a proper ring and do it all properly! My brother and his wife (ozzie) live in Oz so I'm hoping that may also be taken in to consideration.

Anyway, looks like I'll really have to get a move on and get all the paper work together. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! We're considering using an agent, I've read mixed reports so any feedback on that would be great too.

Thanks!

Hi my UK husband lodged his 309 in London.

Received 20/9/10, paid 22/9/10, email from London Office 24/9/10 that application has been sent to Berlin as my husband is currently working and residing in Italy. Moving to Perth mid Nov 2010.

Berlin office advise 5-6month wait. Has anyone had to lodge through Berlin and what was your experience?

The Germans are usually so efficient I hope it really doesnt take this long!

The waiting begins...

Applied 22/9/10 with all required docs, medical and police clearances. Included 8 stat decs, multiple travel docs, receipts etc and 3 pages of photos.

24/9 advised application sent to Berlin.

22/10/10 emailed CO on processing times, given standard reply 5-10months.

22/11/10 emailed CO advising husband had resigned from job and moved to Australia to be with family.

10 Jan 20011 email from CO advising to leave Australia so visa can be granted upon arrival in another country. Yeah:biggrin:

Aiming to go to Bali next week does anyone know if the consulate in denpasar can complete the final visa process?

best wishes to all

Hi,

This is my first post on PIO, but have been on here for a while getting useful information from everyone and would like to say a big thank you to you all for your posts....They are extremely helpful and have helped guide me through my move to Oz.

Just thought I would post my details:

Submitted application in person at Australia House 9th august 2010.

Police checks sent 12th August 2010.

CO appointed 19th August 2010.

Medicals sent 27th August 2010.

Phoned CO 11th November 2010 and was told visa would be granted mid Jan.

Visa granted today 12th Jan 2011.

Flights already booked and fly out to Sydney 29th Jan and start my new job on the 1st Feb.......yikes.

Anyway thankyou again to everyone on here and good luck to all those waiting for visas to be granted.

John

Apologies, just realised i should have posted this in the main migration area- opps!

Hi all,

Its great to read through all your success stories and see so many people in the same boat!

I haven't investigated visas in quite a few months. I returned from Oz in Spring 2008 having met my boyfriend in December 07. We have stayed together while have been back in Ireland trying to get a on-line business off the ground which I can now run from Oz.

We keep in daily contact, by phone email and even the odd snail mail. My boyfriend has visited twice , once for 6 weeks and again recently for 3weeks and I intend to go back in the Summer. The processing times we're at about 3 months the last time I checked so I'm slightly aghast to see that they've gone up to 5-6months eeek!

I'm a little worried about our prospects as its so long since we've been together on a permanent basis. On the plus side he works for a government department which I'm hoping they will look upon favourably. Also we're not "officially" engaged, he wants to wait to get a proper ring and do it all properly! My brother and his wife (ozzie) live in Oz so I'm hoping that may also be taken in to consideration.

Anyway, looks like I'll really have to get a move on and get all the paper work together. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! We're considering using an agent, I've read mixed reports so any feedback on that would be great too.

Thanks!

Apologies, just realised i should have posted this in the main migration area- opps!

No worries. If you're applying for a PMV, the time spent apart won't matter. Providing you've met face-to-face (which obviously you have) and intend to marry within 9 months you can apply for this visa.

The fact he works for a government dept won't be considered. :o)

^^^Thanks Peach, I've read and re-read all the info on the immi.gov site, but its great to get some feedback. If his job had an influence I would be very surprised and not impressed as it would be very unfair advantage, no to mention corrupt!! That said, there is good job security so hopefully that would be considered in conjunction with salary.

Thanks again for the help :)