SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest christinenpete
I have got my visa! (subclass 309).

Wasn't expecting it for another couple of weeks, DIAC must be on fire!

Don't know what to do with myself - cry, dance, sing or drink (or perhaps all 4?!)

:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Awesome news, congrats :cool:

Guest Nando65
I have got my visa! (subclass 309).

Wasn't expecting it for another couple of weeks, DIAC must be on fire!

Don't know what to do with myself - cry, dance, sing or drink (or perhaps all 4?!)

:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Hey TheOptimist!!

CONGRATULATIONS, this is the news we love!!!

Your waiting is finally over and your new adventure is just around the corner.

Best of luck and do all of the above!!!! Enjoy it all, be sure to let us know when you get there and how it is going.

Best wishes

Nando65

Congratulations TheOptimist and Hels. Great news!

Hels - we're off to Perth at the end of Nov and will be living just around the corner from you (staying at my boyfriend's mum's in Kardinya). We must meet up!!

I'm actually collating a list of all de facto / partner visa ppl who're off to Perth end of this year / early next year with the plan to arrange a big meet up once everyone is there (and smaller meetups whilst we wait for ppl to get there). I'll add you to the list if you don't mind! PM me your email address so we can keep in touch. :-)

Guest johnson

My wife's application landed at Oz house in early October but neither my wife nor our migration agent have heard from a CO. We received an automatic receipt when it landed stating processing times are 6 months. Do they only contact you if they need more info or do they usually contact to say "hello, I'm your CO"?

Guest sweet tooth

Biggest Congratulations to Hels & The Optimist! Yay!!!! Isn't the biggest relief knowing you can plan & move on easily now.

Do either of you know what happens now you have a subclass 309, for the 100 visa in 2 years time do you have to submit another stack of evidence do you know?

Have fun celebrating!!

Guest markeainsworth

sweet tooth, I think your permanent visa is processed automatically, you don't have to make another application....

[from p10 of 1127 Partner booklet]

"Therefore, after you have been granted a temporary Partner visa, you do not need to lodge another form 47SP in order for consideration of your permanent visa to occur. At time of this consideration, however, the department may request you obtain another completed form 40SP from your sponsor."

Submitted 309 application (front loaded) - 23/7/10

Case officer assigned and Information requested - 5/8/10

Information provided - 8/8/10

I've been given a completion date of 23/11/10 by the case officer. Waiting to see if that comes true...

I'm already in Australia on an ETA and now need to find out if there is any way around having to leave Oz again when the visa is granted. (Anyone seen know about this or seen other forum posts on this??)

Cheers! Mark

sweet tooth, I think your permanent visa is processed automatically, you don't have to make another application....

"Therefore, after you have been granted a temporary Partner visa, you do not need to lodge another form 47SP in order for consideration of your permanent visa to occur. At time of this consideration, however, the department may request you obtain another completed form 40SP from your sponsor."

Submitted 309 application (front loaded) - 23/7/10

Case officer assigned and Information requested - 5/8/10

Information provided - 8/8/10

I've been given a completion date of 23/11/10 by the case officer. Waiting to see if that comes true...

I'm already in Australia on an ETA and now need to find out if there is any way around having to leave Oz again when the visa is granted. (Anyone seen know about this or seen other forum posts on this??)

Cheers! Mark

If lodged offshore you will get a pre grant notification.

you will trigger off the system once you leave oz and the department then knows to grant your visa you then obtain it offshore.

west oz best option singapore quick processing east oz NZ.

so i hear! good luck

Guest geordieoz

Anyone had any success viewing their visa details via the VEVO internet site?

I recently had my 309 application accepted (big relief) and the confirmation email mentions this. You need a TRN (transaction reference number) to login to the site - what is this, how did you get it? It doesn't appear to be the visa grant number/original application reference?

Anyone attempted to get the visa stamp put into their passport? Seems sensible for id purposes etc if its easy to do....

thanks

I recently had my 309 application accepted (big relief) and the confirmation email mentions this. You need a TRN (transaction reference number) to login to the site - what is this, how did you get it? It doesn't appear to be the visa grant number/original application reference?

Anyone attempted to get the visa stamp put into their passport? Seems sensible for id purposes etc if its easy to do....

thanks

Geordieoz - see this thread for discussion on getting the visa stamp in the passport:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/dilemmas/96769-getting-visa-label-stamp-passport.html

It is possible and I went and got it done last week.

re. looking at the electronic version of the visa through the website - I thought you're only able to do that after you have entered Australia? Or maybe you are in Australia now? I haven't tried going onto the website for this reason (I'm still in the UK) but would be interested to hear from anyone who knows what this TRN number is.

Thanks,

Jo

Guest geordieoz

thanks Jo,

I saw a post on this thread from GeorgeD recently which mentioned that he had been able to view his visa - not sure if he did if from the UK or not however or how he managed it!

Your other link was very useful - think I'll definitely go for that option. The website states that:

• You need to obtain your first-time visa label following visa grant at another office.

• You hold a valid visa but have obtained a new passport.

• You have lost a passport containing a valid label visa.

I'm not technically in any of those categories but if it worked for you then it seems worth a shot. Worst case would be my passport coming back without the stamp in a weeks time!

Geordieoz - see this thread for discussion on getting the visa stamp in the passport:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/dilemmas/96769-getting-visa-label-stamp-passport.html

It is possible and I went and got it done last week.

re. looking at the electronic version of the visa through the website - I thought you're only able to do that after you have entered Australia? Or maybe you are in Australia now? I haven't tried going onto the website for this reason (I'm still in the UK) but would be interested to hear from anyone who knows what this TRN number is.

Thanks,

Jo

If you have the stamp in the passport it serves as two forms of primary ID. It has been invaluable to my husband. I have put loads of info on ID requirements for various things, such as Medicare, drivers licenses etc. The process of getting all this is easy if you prepare, but a nightmare if you don't. Please take a look at the thread I set up "Our first days in Queensland". We have been here 9 days today. Good luck.

By the way they will do the visa stamp readily, but if you can take the passport in rather than send it, we had a last-minute panic as they were much slower than promised.

Guest gillystuart

I lodged my defacto app on 24 Aug, CO appointed 3 Sept, medical on 13 Sept my police check was sent on 24 August and have heard nothing since. My letter also said 5-6 months but I'm hoping to hear after 3.5 mths looking at some of the posts on here

Good luck

I lodged my defacto app on 24 Aug, CO appointed 3 Sept, medical on 13 Sept my police check was sent on 24 August and have heard nothing since. My letter also said 5-6 months but I'm hoping to hear after 3.5 mths looking at some of the posts on here

Good luck

Don't get your hopes up.

It seems to be spot on the times quoted.

Those getting replies in 3/4 months, were quoted 3/4 months.

Guest Nando65

thanks

Georgieoz hi

We had the same query as you, we have lodged our 100 application here in London and we wondered the same, TRN. Can our experts help please on PIO. Can you only check the status with the transaction reference number, if you lodge via email, or if you are on shore or off shore??

Basically regardless of how you lodge can we all check our visa application processes?

Thank you to anyone that can help.

Nando65 (Nando and Jane):notworthy:

Guest sweet tooth

Thanks Mark,

I found out that after getting the 309, for the next 2 years you have to continue to save evidence that your relationship is genuine & continuing for your CO who deals with your 100 visa at the time but you don't fill out another 47SP form. Just keep the evidence. Hope someone is able to answer your q

Guest sweet tooth

thanks

Hello

I was in exactly the same position as you, recently had my visa granted but couldn't log on to VEVO. As I understand it you can't access it until you are in Australia for some reason so I'm just going to wait until I'm there and then ring the telephone number provided. Seems very odd to do it this way though I think.

Also I'm headed off tomorrow to AH to get a stamp (see Passport stamp thread)- Just in case!

Guest geordieoz
Hello

I was in exactly the same position as you, recently had my visa granted but couldn't log on to VEVO. As I understand it you can't access it until you are in Australia for some reason so I'm just going to wait until I'm there and then ring the telephone number provided. Seems very odd to do it this way though I think.

Also I'm headed off tomorrow to AH to get a stamp (see Passport stamp thread)- Just in case!

A quick update on getting the visa put into your passport. I sent mine through the post on Tuesday and it was back to me today - 2 days!! The staff in AH can't be that busy then!!

A quick update on getting the visa put into your passport. I sent mine through the post on Tuesday and it was back to me today - 2 days!! The staff in AH can't be that busy then!!

Do you have to fill in a form or just include a wee note saying that you would like a stamp?

Thanks

Emma:cute:

Do you have to fill in a form or just include a wee note saying that you would like a stamp?

On your email with the visa details, it states all the info you need to provide.

From Memory :

Recorded delivery there,

pre-paid recorded delivery home,

write your Visa number on the front.

Guest sharonchef

just been granted my 309 spouse visa!!!!!

sharon[39]mick[44]

visa lodged 7/7/2010

contacted AH because we had heard nothing

was told CO had left but new one would grant visa by 7/11/2010

visa granted 5/11/2010

off to glenelg sa 29/11/2110 for a new life

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!! :jiggy:

Guest Nando65

sharon[39]mick[44]

visa lodged 7/7/2010

visa granted 5/11/2010

Sharonchef!!!

Congratulations, we have been looking daily for this news that our comrades have got their visa!!!

Your new adventure begins, wish you all the very best for the future, enjoy SA!!

Hugs

Nando65 (Nando and Jane):hug:

Guest christinenpete

sharon[39]mick[44]

visa lodged 7/7/2010

visa granted 5/11/2010

Congrats :biggrin: Good luck with the move :cool:

sharon[39]mick[44]

visa lodged 7/7/2010

visa granted 5/11/2010

MASSIVE congratulations! Woohooo! :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Hiya all in PIO :-).

I came to Oz without a stamp in my passport (as I didn't have time to send it off as it might have gone missing in the Royal Mail post and I didn't have time to get a new one before my flight) and wanted to let peoples know that I haven't had one problem yet as a result.

Quick summary below:

Opening a bank account - they didn't need to see my visa e-mail just my passport and something with my address on it.

Medicare - they gave me a form to fill in, need to see my visa e-mail and my passport when I return

Car insurance - they added me onto my other halves insurance and asked a couple of questions but no id needed

All the people I spoke to were aware that the visas are now electronic. I phoned up Oz house, Sydney to check and they said there shouldn't be a need to get it stamped into my passport. Employers can tap in my visa number into a g'ment system and it will show that I am allowed to work.

Good luck to everyone waiting :-).