SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest GeorgeD

Its a very testing processing, filled with frustration and the most patient person in the world will crumble under the waiting game and your sanity is sometimes put into question

Erm, cough...I have no idea what you are talking about. Frustration? Crumble? Questioning sanity?? Not me. It may have been somebody who looked like me, but not me!

Joking aside, yup, you've pretty much summed up how it works. I'd add that if your CO asks for more info/evidence, then as long as you are prompt getting back to them (and I mean even a couple of weeks is prompt) then you will stick to the published timeline. At the moment they are quoting 5-6 months but have been processing pre-July applications in the previous 4 month timeline. Looking on the bright side, this at least suggests that if the legislation/processes change again and the lead time gets longer that you still have a chance at it "only" being 5-6 months because you have applied now!

Just a little update,

Wife was told 3/4 months, so dropped the CO an email when it was just over 3 months.

She's got a reply saying it'll be at the end of the month. 4 months to the day pretty much.

Well that is one less thing to stress about. Now need a buyer for the house.

I'm also at the 4 months mark so my CO is being chased today (different CO to yours). Remember to bear in mind that they are closed on Monday for the Labour Day bank holiday so theres a possibiity we won't hear until after then..........:biggrin:

Fingers crossed Sacul and congratulations for when it arrives. :v_SPIN:

Guest GeorgeD
Goodness, you wait for three and a half months feeling ok (ish) and then the last two weeks make you really twitchy!! This is horrendous :twitcy:.

Yup, we've all been there...just wait till the last few days...you will genuinely believe that if you stare hard enough at your email on the PC that your CO will email you with your visa grant! (PS, don't tell anyone, but that really is how it works, give it a try for a few days, I promise you'll get it!)

Guest christinenpete
Yup, we've all been there...just wait till the last few days...you will genuinely believe that if you stare hard enough at your email on the PC that your CO will email you with your visa grant! (PS, don't tell anyone, but that really is how it works, give it a try for a few days, I promise you'll get it!)

I thought that was just me :wink:

Its a very testing processing, filled with frustration and the most patient person in the world will crumble under the waiting game and your sanity is sometimes put into question

Really?

The wife and I are obviously very different to some people then.

We put the forms in and then pretty much forgot about them. We've been leading our normal lives and when the visa arrives, it arrives.

No point stressing as there is nothing you can do. Just get on with life.

We've emailed the CO twice, the first was for a bit of evidence we forgot to post in, the second was for an update once the lower timescale was passed.

Hooray! :jiggy:Congrats to you & good luck to those who hopefully should have theirs granted this week, got my fingers crossed for you Kay J & Christinnpete

Thanks so much! I have a feeling this will be the longest week of my life. Praying that that email comes through soon. Fingers for crossed for Christinnpete too.

I thought that was just me :wink:

Hehe - that is so true !

On my 4 month day I emailed the CO to 'remind' him it was 4 months then was checking my email every 5 mins or so after that waiting for the email to come through. It did work though - about 2 hrs later I got the visa grant mail. So, yes GeorgeD, it does work!

4months and 3 days... And I now have the Visa GRANT email :):) Leaving the UK on November 21st , and will be arriving in Perth early Jan.

Good luck to all those waiting to have theirs granted this week.

Congratulations on your visa!

Good Luck in Oz! :cute:

next week is the 4 month point for us!

fingers crossed:eek:

Not long now Emmaroo and the wait will be over. It really is a wonderful feeling!!! Fingers and toes tightly crossed for you.

Hopefully see you in Perth next year! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Not long now Emmaroo and the wait will be over. It really is a wonderful feeling!!! Fingers and toes tightly crossed for you.

Hopefully see you in Perth next year! :biggrin:

I have been very calm through the process, not contacted co or anything but now its closing in my stomach is like a washing machine!!

Cant wait to meet all you lovely folks in Perth!

:hug:xx

Guest johnson

Wife's application has left our migration agent in Sydney en route to Aussie House in London. Figure it will be there next week and grant sometime in March / April. :chatterbox:. Wish us luck and a lot of absent times in between.

Congratulations KayJ !! Whoo hoo :jiggy:

We all knew it was going to be this week as it seems the COs are sticking to the 4 mth target very well.

Emmaroo - we'll all be glued to POI next week to hear your news. Oct seemed so far away when I first got in contact with you but now your time is nearly here. Exciting!

Looking forward to meeting you all in Perth early next year. :biggrin:

If anyone else reading this is a spouse / defacto visa applicant and moving over to Perth between now and early next year then please PM me and I'll add you to the mailing list I'm creating. I'm going to arrange a meet up for us once we're all out there so we can reminisce over the great 4 month wait we all endured in 2010!

Jo

Guest sweet tooth
4months and 3 days... And I now have the Visa GRANT email :):) Leaving the UK on November 21st , and will be arriving in Perth early Jan.

Good luck to all those waiting to have theirs granted this week.

Congratulations KayJ! You have the same CO as me so this feels me with confidence I'll get mine through in 3 wks...not that i'm counting or anything :wink: Wishing you all the best down in Perth. I seem to be the only person hoping to go to Canberra so can't go to any of your catch-ups.

Emmaroo your next! we'll all be glued to PIO next week!

Posted our application on Friday - I'm guessing it's been received at Australia House as the money is already pending on my credit card... funny how they're so speedy about some things!!

Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone on the site - I've been lurking for a while, and the advice on here was invaluable when it came to getting everything together!! So now the waiting begins, we're off traveling around Africa for a few months. Hopefully it wont' delay the application and when we get back there'll be a shiny new visa waiting!!

Good luck everyone!!