SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

We got an email from the CO stating that the application was lodged on the 7th June, that was the day it was received by AH. So I'm waiting for the 7th Oct before I start asking if it wil be 4 months rather than 5-6. Hope that helps. :smile:

I'm not that patient - I've emailed my agent today to ask him to chase as yesterday was my 3 months date, my agent is on holiday until Tuesday but I'll update you with my response as you shouldn't be long behind me......

Guest GeorgeD

Looks to be a bit of confusion over which date the waiting starts...even two case officers look to have used different events as the trigger for "lodging date." One when the application was delivered, and one about a week later (when they were probably allocated it) It's no wonder the whole visa process is so difficult when even something seemingly as simple as "when did we apply" is open to several different interpretations!

I think that as applicants we should all be going by the most liberal interpretation of all possible scenarios...in other words, go for the earliest date and probably shave a bit off that too just for good measure!!

There's a big circle round the 17th Sept on my Calendar as that will be my 4 month mark...Payment was taken on the 18th May, but the 18th Sept is a Saturday, so clearly I am going to use the day before, not the Monday after as my line in the sand!

I'm not that patient - I've emailed my agent today to ask him to chase as yesterday was my 3 months date, my agent is on holiday until Tuesday but I'll update you with my response as you shouldn't be long behind me......

Do yourself a favour and relax. Chasing the agent/CO feels like you're helping the process along. You're not. Better off trying to forget about it and the visa will come when the CO decides it will (or whatever internal process they're working to this week - lottery maybe:biggrin:).

This is my own advice, I wish I could have followed it myself. :arghh:

Looks to be a bit of confusion over which date the waiting starts...even two case officers look to have used different events as the trigger for "lodging date." One when the application was delivered, and one about a week later (when they were probably allocated it) It's no wonder the whole visa process is so difficult when even something seemingly as simple as "when did we apply" is open to several different interpretations!

I think that as applicants we should all be going by the most liberal interpretation of all possible scenarios...in other words, go for the earliest date and probably shave a bit off that too just for good measure!!

There's a big circle round the 17th Sept on my Calendar as that will be my 4 month mark...Payment was taken on the 18th May, but the 18th Sept is a Saturday, so clearly I am going to use the day before, not the Monday after as my line in the sand!

I was the same situation as you and, as I actually have my visa now, I can tell you which date _my_ CO used: My application form arrived and they took payment on 14th April. I was told to contact him on 13th Aug (as the 14th was a Sat) and he should be able to tell me an answer then. I did this and I got my visa a few hrs after I mailed him (on the 13th) :-)

So, for those wanting to count down days and hassle the CO on the 4 month mark, I would go from the date the payment is taken (which is usually the same day your app arrives).

Guest stirlo87

Hi all,

We applied for my boyfriends partner visa in June and have not had any further information requested (apart from the medicals and police clearance as we didn't front load our app) and I'm not going to contact our CO until Oct. Just a question though... if no further info is requested from the case officer and you don't hear from them during the 3-4 or 5-6 month processing time, is it safe to assume the visa will be granted? You know what they say... no news is good news!!

Thanks!

Hi all,

We applied for my boyfriends partner visa in June and have not had any further information requested (apart from the medicals and police clearance as we didn't front load our app) and I'm not going to contact our CO until Oct. Just a question though... if no further info is requested from the case officer and you don't hear from them during the 3-4 or 5-6 month processing time, is it safe to assume the visa will be granted? You know what they say... no news is good news!!

Thanks!

Good question. I would be interested to hear anyone's advice on this too! I haven't been contacted by my CO for what feels like an age. I too am hoping this is encouraging but feel myself unable to get too complacent!

Hi, I am sure that your visa will be granted but I personally would not assume anything especially where DIAC are concerned, they have a habit of " moving the goalposts " on a regular basis.

I do not mean to seem like the voice of doom and gloom but i have been caught out by them but I am sure as I say that you will be given your visa.

Good luck!

Hi, I am sure that your visa will be granted but I personally would not assume anything especially where DIAC are concerned, they have a habit of " moving the goalposts " on a regular basis.

I do not mean to seem like the voice of doom and gloom but i have been caught out by them but I am sure as I say that you will be given your visa.

Good luck!

Hi Emmaroo. Yep, I am starting to get that impression too. Just when you start to relax and think you have it nailed, something comes to the surface to worry you.

That said, I still think positive thinking is the way to go. Otherwise I think we would all be going stir cray (or *even* more stir crazy).

I would like to think that if I have provided all that has been asked of me in the timescales provided that I should be okay. Bring on November and fingers crossed for the rest of you!

Guest sunnibee

Same here, My house is being rented in 5 weeks and have a marriage to plan in Perth for the 19th December, oh and work lol ..Arghhhhh:rolleyes: ..I have kept my cool though and am waiting for the CO's date of the 10th of September to receive my visa to fly to Perth in October :goofy:...Anything good is worth waiting for!!

Hi all,

Thanks!

They have already requested the medicals and police checks which means that they don't need anything else. However, they may contact you again when they start processing your application for either an interview or more documents.

If there are no MAJOR problems with the medicals then I have the feeling that you will get your visa and it is only a matter of when.

Good luck

it seems to have gone very quiet on the visa front. you would at least expect one person a day on here to get the grant. but it seems the CO's just have a pile waiting to be signed off when a certain date arrives. it just doesn't add up that no one is getting the nod either way

Guest GeorgeD
it seems the CO's just have a pile waiting to be signed off when a certain date arrives

That's pretty much how it does look to more than the casual observer. I would LOVE to know what actually happens between your application being submitted and your visa being approved, and how long each bit takes. I'm pretty sure government departments all over the world would be appalled at the suggestion, but imagine how much less hassle they would get if it was completely transparent to the general populous what was happening? Or are they afraid the public wouldn't be impressed at how much red tape and bureaucratic delay there is involved in the simplest of applications!

All this talk about dates is confusing me! Does anyone know when they start timing your application? Is it from payment taken date, co assigned date or application aknowledged date?

Help!!

Emmaroo, In a conversation I had with my co he stated 15th June as the date they look at when counting and this was the date they received the application.

Emmaroo, In a conversation I had with my co he stated 15th June as the date they look at when counting and this was the date they received the application.

So just to clarify then the date your countdown starts is the day you receive email from your case officer? The reason I want to be clear on this is because it may be that there are a few days between your application being received and you getting an email from case officer saying we have your application!

It drives me nuts!!

:wacko:

So just to clarify then the date your countdown starts is the day you receive email from your case officer? The reason I want to be clear on this is because it may be that there are a few days between your application being received and you getting an email from case officer saying we have your application!

It drives me nuts!!

That's why the best thing to do is sit back and wait. You have a ball park date. Stressing about it won't make it happen quicker. The goal posts might well move again in either direction.... You could even get it sooner than promised (I did by a few days)..

That's why the best thing to do is sit back and wait. You have a ball park date. Stressing about it won't make it happen quicker. The goal posts might well move again in either direction.... You could even get it sooner than promised (I did by a few days)..

Not stressing, I would just like to know when I can expect to hear as there seems to be some dubiety about the date your process begins!

Like you Peach, not in any great hurry!!

:wink:

Guest GeorgeD
Like you Peach, not in any great hurry!!

:wink:

Well I am!!

Clearly my CO has never met my wife. I get asked daily by her what is happening. Peach, if you've got a suit of armour happy, perhaps you might want to have a word with my wife about relaxing??? Seriously though, My house is for sale and I've had interest and pressure to sell, so I'll be homeless when it does. I took a pay off from my work to pay for the wedding, visa, and clear some debts, so haven't worked for some months, and my wife and step-daughter are 10,000 miles away in Oz. Stressing won't make the visa come any quicker, but not worrying about the visa doesn't bring the next phase of my life any closer either! It's the sheer frustration of having no control over your fate, and the seemingly randomness of any announcements. I'm not waiting on planning permission to put up a fence...it's much more important than that! (Apologies to anyone with serious neighbour issues who is involved in legal action about fences, etc)

Lol. Worst thing is I'm dishing out advice (medicine!?) that I wasn't able to take myself. I hassled my CO daily at one stage.... emails and telephone calls. :)

Uh oh....and we have the same CO...thanks for ruffling her feathers in my hour of greatest need, lol!

At one stage my agent asked me if I wanted to fire them from my case - as clearly as "I was acting alone and trying to do their job for them". My CO remained professional throughout. It wasn't till later I realised that what the agent said was true... The CO sees the tax payers of Australia as being the customer and not the fee paying visa applicant. :yellow_guy_crazy_ty

Guest GeorgeD
as clearly as "I was acting alone..."

Easy tiger...sounds like you were some sort of fugitive!

The CO sees the tax payers of Australia as being the customer and not the fee paying visa applicant. :yellow_guy_crazy_ty

Well that's perfect...I'M AN AUSTRALIAN TAX PAYER!!! Well, I have an Australian Tax File Number even as an offshore non-resident because my wife had been claiming some sort of benefit in Oz as a single parent...she notified Centrelink she got married and they stopped all benefits until I got a TFN so they could assess me. OK, I haven't earned a penny in Oz so haven't paid any tax, but the Taxman knows me! Isn't it great how one Government department can stop paying you money instantly based on a single phone call, but a different one takes months to make a decision even when you pay them and give them 100+ pages of documentation!

Guest christinenpete

It drives me nuts!!

Our CO states that Pete's visa was lodged on the 7/6/10 which was the date the visa application was recieved at AH and money taken. He didn't mention the date we received the email from him, which was the 10/6/10. Hope that helps :smile:

Our CO states that Pete's visa was lodged on the 7/6/10 which was the date the visa application was recieved at AH and money taken. He didn't mention the date we received the email from him, which was the 10/6/10. Hope that helps :smile:

Same here - 4 months went from the date the money was taken from my credit card (which is the same date that the application was received at Australia House). See my timeline in my signature for those that don't know me.

Guest sweet tooth

Hello all,

I'm a new member and have also submitted a de-facto spouse off-shore visa 309/100 and so wanted to add my stats so far.

Brief Background:

I'm english & my partner is Australian. We met travelling in America in 2008. He came UK, Christmas 2008 to visit. I went out to Australia for 1 yr working holiday 7th July 2009 to live with him after completing my degree in UK. Late June 2010 I came back to UK and submitted FRONT LOADED visa application. Partner came over for holiday for August 2010 and we got engaged.

Application arrived Australia House: 29th June 2010

Assigned CO: 8th July 2010 - they requested a further certified copy of my birth certificate

Birth Certificate arrived AH: 12th July 2010

Contacted CO to advise of engagement: 18th August 2010

Now still waiting ....:unsure:

I presume processing starts from when your assigned CO but who knows, all is very confusing!

Hello all,

I'm a new member and have also submitted a de-facto spouse off-shore visa 309/100 and so wanted to add my stats so far.

Brief Background:

I'm english & my partner is Australian. We met travelling in America in 2008. He came UK, Christmas 2008 to visit. I went out to Australia for 1 yr working holiday 7th July 2009 to live with him after completing my degree in UK. Late June 2010 I came back to UK and submitted FRONT LOADED visa application. Partner came over for holiday for August 2010 and we got engaged.

Application arrived Australia House: 29th June 2010

Assigned CO: 8th July 2010 - they requested a further certified copy of my birth certificate

Birth Certificate arrived AH: 12th July 2010

Contacted CO to advise of engagement: 18th August 2010

Now still waiting ....:unsure:

I presume processing starts from when your assigned CO but who knows, all is very confusing!

Welcome to the Madhouse! :wacko:

I think that processing starts from when the money is taken for your application! I get confused with it all too!

Good Luck

Emma