SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

OK Madchicken, 4 months today, trust you to pick a bank holiday!... I expect to log on tomorrow, and see from you a big whoop whoop " visa granted" if you haven't heard by 10am, go ahead and ring them, fingers crossed.

See I am not only stressin about mine but now everybody else's timelines, really gotta get a life!

No don't - you can really stress about mine for me - nealry 5 months now!! April 6th.

It all gets a bit much after a while doesn't it?

Wishing you well

:hug:

OK Madchicken, 4 months today, trust you to pick a bank holiday!... I expect to log on tomorrow, and see from you a big whoop whoop " visa granted" if you haven't heard by 10am, go ahead and ring them, fingers crossed.

See I am not only stressin about mine but now everybody else's timelines, really gotta get a life!

Guest GeorgeD

I don't know how you can be so calm sharonp53...people who applied after you have been granted theirs! Have you phoned them to get an update?

I'm 17 days away from 4 months...not that I'm counting, honest. As soon as 4 months is up and assuming I haven't had an update by that point, then I'll be on the phone. Someone who applied a week before me was granted theirs a week and a half ago!!

It is rotten how the waiting times seem to fluctuate. My straightforward application in January took 10 days short of six months to come through. I lost count of the people who applied after me, yet got their visas sooner. On reflection, I wouldn't have bothered trying to hassle my CO as it did me no good.

I don't know how you can be so calm sharonp53...people who applied after you have been granted theirs! Have you phoned them to get an update?

I'm 17 days away from 4 months...not that I'm counting, honest. As soon as 4 months is up and assuming I haven't had an update by that point, then I'll be on the phone. Someone who applied a week before me was granted theirs a week and a half ago!!

It is rotten how the waiting times seem to fluctuate. My straightforward application in January took 10 days short of six months to come through. I lost count of the people who applied after me, yet got their visas sooner. On reflection, I wouldn't have bothered trying to hassle my CO as it did me no good.

I have done my raving George, but it seems impossible to change anything. It is grossly unjust that they are not issued in order. At least we would all know where we stand. But, it seems that, while we have some serious reasons to need to get there, nothing will change the pace at which each individual application moves.

Like Peach says I am not sure that contacting the CO really helps. Ours spoke to us at the beginning of July and told us we would have the visa within 2 weeks, four at the worst. The next thing we heard was when 5-6 months was announced. It seems ours was just one that got held up.

I will contact her again when we are a few days over 5 months and see what is going on. The other problem is that each time we get involved we go through even more trauma and I have had enough of it all.

So, just trying to hang loose and let it happen. We are homeless yet again on September 15th, so God knows what we will do then....:confused:

Peach, you seem to forget when you post your timeframe for processing your visa that you told your CO not to rush and that it didn't matter to you that you would get it granted in July. :wink:

Peach, you seem to forget when you post your timeframe for processing your visa that you told your CO not to rush and that it didn't matter to you that you would get it granted in July. :wink:

I never ever told my CO to take her time - far from it, I hassled and nagged her to the end of the earth. When asked I did tell her that I wouldn't be travelling till October and that set my fate in stone. :tongue:

In truth, I've no urgency to get the visa. My validation visit is booked for October, so whether I get the visa now, July or August doesn't materially effect me. I had a really good email conversation with my CO today (had 6 emails out of her, so she can't be that busy!) and she intimated that if I told her my plans had changed and I needed to travel sooner, I'd get my visa sooner. Am just completely jealous that applications submitted months after mine are being finalised, whilst mine lingers on..

Nope. It was never said that I was happy to be low-priority. Been back thru the thread and this is a close as I come to it. If you search on 'pile' I moan about the go slow a few times, but not once say I'm happy :tongue::tongue:

Guest GeorgeD

Peach,

From reading your blogs previously, I believe we have the same CO. You also seemed to have had a bit of a time preparing your documentation and medical/PCC side of things prior to sending in your application and then submitted them only two weeks after your application. Would it be fair to say that once you sent in all your info 2 weeks into the process, there wasn't really an awful lot for you to do other than sit back and wait??

I'm just wondering what actually takes up the time. I understand that some applications will be more complex than others, but surely the complex ones are the ones that will require more information, therefore there is a dialogue backwards and forwards with the CO...yours just seemed to drag on past the published 4 month timescale (or was it actually still 3-4 months at that point). Were you required to submit more info later following your initial submissions (and PCC/meds), or do you think they were maybe waiting to put you into the new year's figures after 1st July?

I'd definitely agree that once the CO had everything (in my case two weeks into my application) there was nothing for me to do other than wait. Other than my police certificate and medical, nothing further was requested. Wailing, nagging and begging got me nowhere.

The crux of my frustration was that December 2009 applicants received a four to eight week turnaround. Although I had my medical at the beginning of February, it was the end of March before it was acknowledged as complete by Australia House. At this stage, despite my application being ready to approve I was told it would be another two months before anything would happen. This date then slipped to July - my visa was eventually granted at the end of June.

I get the feeling that governmental targets are to blame for the speed up and slow down of processing. There certainly doesn't appear to be any rhyme nor reason to it.

Guest GeorgeD

Yup, that's pretty much what I suspected and feared.

It also looks like you tried all the ninja techniques I had in mind for hurrying up my application:

Wailing, nagging and begging got me nowhere.

This is me so far:

Subclass 100 (Now confirmed) - Submitted 07/01/10

Payment taken - 12/01/10

CO Assigned, Medical and Police Certs requested - 14/01/10

Police Cert sent via Special Delivery - 26/01/10

Medical completed - 05/02/10

Medical results sent by Panel Doc to Australia House - 15/02/10

CO Acknowledged receipt of medical results (after prodding from me!) - 18/02/10

I must admit, today I made it clear that I had no immediate plans to travel and would be happy to go on a low priority pile. Hence being told July. If I did have flights booked, I think I would have been given more of a priority.

Hmmmm

Guest MadChicken

WOOP WOOP!!! MADCHICKEN HAS DONE IT!!

Received an email today saying..

Dear MadChicken we are pleased to inform you that your pmv 300 visa has been granted!!!!!!!!!

Best feeling eva!! I have not seen my soon to be wife in over 6 months, Shes been patiently waiting in oz.Ticket booked,im flying back next week.

Best of luck to all you guys and big thanks for the support

Sharonp53 i really hope your the next person on here to post with good news

And special thanks to Maybeamey

Dear MadChicken we are pleased to inform you that your pmv 300 visa has been granted!!!!!!!!!

Best feeling eva!! I have not seen my soon to be wife in over 6 months, Shes been patiently waiting in oz.Ticket booked,im flying back next week.

Congrats mate, bet you can't wait to get out there, all the best with your new life :jiggy:

Guest SteEyns

Congratulations Madchicken - you must be chuffed.

Fingers crossed for everyone who is nearing the 4 month period, or like Sharonp53 well over it..

Guest christinenpete

Congrats MadChicken, thats awesome news. :biggrin:

Guest GeorgeD

Congratulations!!! Thanks for letting us know, it's fantastic to hear people being granted visas...gives us all hope!!

Congratulations ! It's a great feeling isn't it?

Lucky you get to go straight out there too - just as the UK weather is getting rubbish (what summer?).

Enjoy your life in Oz. :-)

I am so thrilled for you. I genuinely am. Being apart is so much harder than what we are going through.

Wishing you a safe and happy journey to your new home.

:hug: