SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest Wwelshbornandgenuine

16/6/2010 partner 309 lodged in London

24/6/2010 Co requests for meds and pc,nothing else

meds and pc sent on 2/7/2010

23/7 phoned A/H.Co out of office,A/h said all was in order and visa would be finalised in oct

30/7/2010 e mailed Co, only to have reply that finalisation wont be till December.

Hello all,

I have have been granted a subclass 309 Provisional Partner visa yesterday!

My full time line:

28-03-2010: Sent off visa application (London), front loaded with police checks and medicals.

01-04-2010: Confirmation receipt application + more information requested.

06-04-2010: Sent requested information.

30-07-2010: Visa granted.

I sent an email asking for a date when the application would be finalized on the 28th of June, this was exactly 3 months after applying. We were (initially) advised that processing times would be between 3 and 4 months.

The response was that it would be finalized on the 30th of July the latest and that was what happened!

I want to thank everyone on this forum for providing information, it really helped us allot to get our application together, we could never have done it without this forum.

I also want to which everyone good luck on their visa applications!

Thanks!

Congratulations Pimm and wishing you a wonderful new life in Australia. :v_SPIN:

16/6/2010 partner 309 lodged in London

24/6/2010 Co requests for meds and pc,nothing else

meds and pc sent on 2/7/2010

23/7 phoned A/H.Co out of office,A/h said all was in order and visa would be finalised in oct

30/7/2010 e mailed Co, only to have reply that finalisation wont be till December.

So sorry to hear this. It is not the time so much as the uncertainty isn't it? Don't lose heart, things may improve, we have to hang on to that - and stick together.

:hug:

Guest Thamby

Hi everyone

I have my medical in a weeks time at knightsbridge and my application is on route from our agent in Australia so I am not sure if we are going to have a reference number for our medical. The clinic said they need a reference.

Could anyone help on this one??

Thanks, Thamby

Hi everyone

I have my medical in a weeks time at knightsbridge and my application is on route from our agent in Australia so I am not sure if we are going to have a reference number for our medical. The clinic said they need a reference.

Could anyone help on this one??

Thanks, Thamby

My missus had hers done in Manchester about 3-4 days before we lodged her app. They send it to Aus house whih our name on it then match it up with your app when they get it

I don't get how AH sitting on applications already lodged is going help surely it would make more sense to say that these changes would be effective from a certain given date thus avoiding a huge back log?

exactly, process everything they have had lodged to say end of july, within the 3-4 month period the go to the the 5-6 month timeframe from august, that way anything lodged from no doesnt get approved until Jan 11

exactly, process everything they have had lodged to say end of july, within the 3-4 month period the go to the the 5-6 month timeframe from august, that way anything lodged from no doesnt get approved until Jan 11

That would be applying common sense but when do governments ever do that!:wacko:

Guest Thamby
My missus had hers done in Manchester about 3-4 days before we lodged her app. They send it to Aus house whih our name on it then match it up with your app when they get it

Thanks I'll have a word with them at the medical :biggrin:

That would be applying common sense but when do governments ever do that!:wacko:

Never, and that takes me back to an earlier post. We are just pawns in their political games. The Labour government wants to state at the election that they have ALREADY cut immigration (by not approving applications in the pipeline they can do that). Effectively pushing us all forward so that anyone that applies after Nov/Dec will fall into the next year as far as immigration statistics are concerned.

Great init! Do they forget we have a vote too, or are there just not enough of us to count? Probably the latter. :arghh:

Never, and that takes me back to an earlier post. We are just pawns in their political games. The Labour government wants to state at the election that they have ALREADY cut immigration (by not approving applications in the pipeline they can do that). Effectively pushing us all forward so that anyone that applies after Nov/Dec will fall into the next year as far as immigration statistics are concerned.

Great init! Do they forget we have a vote too, or are there just not enough of us to count? Probably the latter. :arghh:

Just to let you know I am unable to deal with all of this. I am leaving PIO. I am sorry to lose contact with those of you that have been helpful and I wish you well with your applications.

Good luck,

Sharon

Guest Thamby
I believe that they use your passport number as a referance, if you don't already have one from co.

ahhh makes sense thanks :hug:

Just to let you know I am unable to deal with all of this. I am leaving PIO. I am sorry to lose contact with those of you that have been helpful and I wish you well with your applications.

Good luck,

Sharon

Hey Sharon, don't let the mods from that other forum scare you off posting here. Folk are much friendlier around these parts. cheers, Peach/Zultan

I wonder how this new 'go slow' is reconciled with their Client Service Charter, particularly the 2nd bullet point:

The Visa Application Process - Once you have lodged your application

You can expect us to:

• undertake checks, as required, to confirm that the information and documents you have provided are truthful and accurate
  • finalise your application as quickly as possible and in accordance with Australian law
  • explain our decisions and tell you how to apply for review (if your application is refused and you have review rights)

Link: Client Service Charter

Guest CatMac

Hello there!

First time poster here. I have just sent off my application for a defacto partner visa and am disappointed with the new timescales.

Looks like I am in for a long wait but I have a quick question - I frontloaded the application with the police check but have yet to organise a medical check due to the panel doctors being under review. Is there any need to rush this now if I have to wait 6 months or would you advise getting it over and done with asap

Thanks for the help

Catherine

Guest JustinM
Hello there!

First time poster here. I have just sent off my application for a defacto partner visa and am disappointed with the new timescales.

Looks like I am in for a long wait but I have a quick question - I frontloaded the application with the police check but have yet to organise a medical check due to the panel doctors being under review. Is there any need to rush this now if I have to wait 6 months or would you advise getting it over and done with asap

Thanks for the help

Catherine

i doubt it would be an issue at all...we uploaded everything but now the only danger is they will all be invalid before they approve the visa they are taking so long ;)

the thing is - it takes them less than a week to look at a straight forward case...this is all political now, just putting apps on piles so they are approved in a "oh look the government is clamping down on immigration" timescale. so there's plenty of time to do everything during the process.

Hello there!

Thanks for the help

Catherine

I would just wait until they request it and then you have about 2.5 months to supply it.

Just received the dreaded "5-6 month processing time" e-mail from my CO. Unbelievable!

I'm wondering whether this timeline may return back to 3-4 months after the general election on the 21st or if this is based on a new Act of Parliament or something similar and as such will remain 5-6 months for the forseeable?

I'd imagine it's anyone's guess but there may be someone on PIO that has a better insight than the rest of us. I'm clinging on to the hope that I'll be in Oz by the end of October but I'm most likely kidding myself and my family and I will have to put up with another UK Winter.

We finally received the email from our CO today, only after us sending him an email and asking him to please respond to the questions that we put to him over 4 weeks ago. He managed to tell us that the visa won't be approved until December but he still did not answer either question. :mad:

I am not impressed with the level of service we are receiving from our CO at all, with our original letter having spelling mistakes, grammatical errors and one paragraph copied and pasted in twice. He also neglected to put an out of office on his email when gone for over 3 weeks, and now when we email him again he still doesn't answer our questions.

Guest siamsusie
We finally received the email from our CO today, only after us sending him an email and asking him to please respond to the questions that we put to him over 4 weeks ago. He managed to tell us that the visa won't be approved until December but he still did not answer either question. :mad:

I am not impressed with the level of service we are receiving from our CO at all, with our original letter having spelling mistakes, grammatical errors and one paragraph copied and pasted in twice. He also neglected to put an out of office on his email when gone for over 3 weeks, and now when we email him again he still doesn't answer our questions.

:hug:Michele, I feel so sad when I read these posts, particularly for the people who are separated from their partners, or who have commitments over here.

I sincerely hope DIAC can manage to see the error of their ways because it is a living purgatory.

I dont know why but " Emily Pankhurst" keeps crossing my mind, I am sure I saw many a good railing outside of Australia House:biggrin:! with the BBC next door as well!

Love Susie:hug:

:hug:Michele, I feel so sad when I read these posts, particularly for the people who are separated from their partners, or who have commitments over here.

I sincerely hope DIAC can manage to see the error of their ways because it is a living purgatory.

I dont know why but " Emily Pankhurst" keeps crossing my mind, I am sure I saw many a good railing outside of Australia House:biggrin:! with the BBC next door as well!

Love Susie:hug:

Thanks Susie, I think I was having a particularly bad day yesterday and the incompetence of our CO was the last step.

I did like your reference to Emily Pankhurst though, can just see myself chained up to the railing outside AH. It would make particularly interesting press at the moment given that thousands of Australians are about to go into vote at AH. :wink:

Just received the dreaded "5-6 month processing time" e-mail from my CO. Unbelievable!

I'm wondering whether this timeline may return back to 3-4 months after the general election on the 21st or if this is based on a new Act of Parliament or something similar and as such will remain 5-6 months for the forseeable?

I'd imagine it's anyone's guess but there may be someone on PIO that has a better insight than the rest of us. I'm clinging on to the hope that I'll be in Oz by the end of October but I'm most likely kidding myself and my family and I will have to put up with another UK Winter.

in my mind i had prepared to go in sep/oct but my visa got delayed and now I have another winter here!

But what it does give is more time for me and OH to spend time with my family because once we dont know when we can afford to come back for a visit!