SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest stirlo87

Hi Everyone,

We have now finally submitted everything our Case Officer requested in the confirmation email so now I guess we sit and wait... I'm assuming that is the general procedure from here??

Very excited but not looking forward to leaving day (if all goes well with the application of course!!)... :no:

Hi Everyone,

We have now finally submitted everything our Case Officer requested in the confirmation email so now I guess we sit and wait... I'm assuming that is the general procedure from here??

Very excited but not looking forward to leaving day (if all goes well with the application of course!!)... :no:

Yes, this is the boring bit!

Good Luck to you

Emma

:cute:

Hi everyone,

I got my visa! :jiggy: I recieved an e-mail from my CO on Friday saying that the visa had been granted, and I picked up my passport from the Embassy yesterday.

Hopefully this means things will get moving for the rest of you, but I'm not sure how busy the Embassy in Berlin is compared to the one in the UK...

Congrats, good luck with all your future plans :jiggy:

WE FINALLY GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

After 4 months and 3 days my missus finally got her 309 visa today. We sent an email chasing it on Monday and got no reply so she rang and left a message at lunchtime today. Her CO rang back in half an hour to check she wasnt in Aus then within another 30 mins the email was through with the visa grant. The CO did appologise for being longer than 4 months but did say she was on holidays for the last 2 weeks, I suppose everyone is entitled to holidays :biggrin:

Anyway, my notice was handed in at work today to finish on the 3rd of september and the missus finishes on friday week. So we have 6 weeks to sort everything to be back in Sydney for my 30th at the end of september.

She doesn't get a sticker in her passport as it says they are all stored electronically and that she can access the visa online once she is in Aus, suppose thats handy for future employers etc.

Thanks to all on here for hints and tips etc it saved us a grand in agent fees as we did it ourselves:smile:

Heres our timeline

16.3.10 meds done

24.3.10 sent app off

26.3.10 CO assignd and requested form 80 and police checks

29.3.10 form 80 and police checks sent to CO

30.3.10 CO returned all original evidence, cards invites etc

28.7.10 VISA GRANTED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to everyone waiting on their visas, as with us....it will arrive eventually!

Thanks again!:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

• Like 1

After 4 months and 3 days my missus finally got her 309 visa today. We sent an email chasing it on Monday and got no reply so she rang and left a message at lunchtime today. Her CO rang back in half an hour to check she wasnt in Aus then within another 30 mins the email was through with the visa grant. The CO did appologise for being longer than 4 months but did say she was on holidays for the last 2 weeks, I suppose everyone is entitled to holidays :biggrin:

Anyway, my notice was handed in at work today to finish on the 3rd of september and the missus finishes on friday week. So we have 6 weeks to sort everything to be back in Sydney for my 30th at the end of september.

She doesn't get a sticker in her passport as it says they are all stored electronically and that she can access the visa online once she is in Aus, suppose thats handy for future employers etc.

Thanks to all on here for hints and tips etc it saved us a grand in agent fees as we did it ourselves:smile:

Heres our timeline

16.3.10 meds done

24.3.10 sent app off

Good luck to everyone waiting on their visas, as with us....it will arrive eventually!

Congratulations!

All the best for the future!

Guest Sneezy Badger
Thanks, its such a relief, we can start planning properly, and spend a heap of money as well:cry: we only got married 6 weeks ago....I'm really broke now!!!!:cry:

Congratulations on the visa! I can sympathize about the lack of money though - we're going to have to rely on the charity of my in-laws for a while until we find out feet finacially...

I would not hold your breath, unless you are a lot luckier than us. Today we got the following email from my OH's case officer:

"Effective immediately all applications currently lodged with this office are now to take 5-6 months from the date of application. So now your client's application will be finalised around late November at the earliest. I apologise for the change in circumstances however this is a measure applied to all current applications. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me. "

Talk about fed up! I just want to go HOME! :mad:

Guest MadChicken
I would not hold your breath, unless you are a lot luckier than us. Today we got the following email from my OH's case officer:

"Effective immediately all applications currently lodged with this office are now to take 5-6 months from the date of application. So now your client's application will be finalised around late November at the earliest. I apologise for the change in circumstances however this is a measure applied to all current applications. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me. "

Which embassy have you lodged your application at ??

Guest siamsusie

:hug:Oh Sharon lovely to see you, I am sorry I havent been on Skype for a couple of days... I am so sorry to see this taking so long... Lets hope they get their fingers out and give you a pleasant surprise soon. Much love Susie xxx:hug:

Guest stirlo87

5-6 months... are you joking?? Ah man!! We haven't received the email yet but I'm sure its on its way. It's not so bad for me and my boyfriend, we're not planning to go back until April next year but even still. I sent the final forms requested by my boyfriends case officer yesterday and the wait is already killing me!! :laugh: I just want to know...

I wonder if this is applicable to applications already in the system or if it is just for new applications?

I think I may email my CO for an update!

:mad:

im thinking the same as mine has been referred and was told 6-12 months I just want to know if that is still the same or extended further!

Do you think the slow down could be to do with the election?

Guest stirlo87
I wonder if this is applicable to applications already in the system or if it is just for new applications?

I think I may email my CO for an update!

:mad:

Fingers crossed it is only for new applications hey!!

Guest FedUp

It's been quiet this July. The general belief was that there would be a flood of visa approvals this month...but it's def not the case:mad:

Heres our timeline

16.3.10 meds done

24.3.10 sent app off

congrats!