SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Thought I would post the stats for my finace's defacto visa:

Applied for Subclass 309: 9 March 2010

Application acknowledged and CO Assigned: 11 March 2010

All medicals, police checks and evidence included with application.

Heard nothing until today (8 July 2010) when agent enquired about progress....

Visa granted today (8 July 2010).

We were not asked for any additional information or phone call.

So literally a day short of a 4 month wait for a very straightforward application.

Congratulatiuons

:cute:

I put my two kids on the application even though we could apply for their Ozzie passport as the expense of getting a passport was about the same as getting their medicals done. When their Uk passports run out we will then get them their Australian one.

Subclass 100 granted on the 1/7/2010!!!

Have you registered them as Aussie citizens? If you have I'm pretty sure there's a rule that Aussies have to enter Australia on an Australian passport..

Q8 - I have an Australian passport and a foreign passport; which passport do I use when entering Australia?

To avoid delays at airline check-in and again at the border entry point, Australian citizens who are dual nationals are required to depart and enter Australia on their Australian passport. An Australian citizen cannot be granted a visa for Australia in a foreign passport.

When entering Australia, all Australians, including those who hold dual nationality, must be able to prove that they are an Australian citizen. An Australian passport is conclusive evidence of a person's identity and citizenship, and provides the holder with unfettered right of entry to Australia.

International airlines have an obligation to ensure that they only carry appropriately documented passengers to Australia. In the absence of an Australian passport, airlines are unable to assess a person's claim to Australian citizenship at the time of check-in and may decline to carry the traveller.

Q9 - I am an Australian citizen but as I did not obtain an Australian passport before departing Australia, I am using my foreign passport whilst I am overseas. Do I have to apply for an Australian passport in order to return to Australia?

As noted above, Australian citizens must enter Australia on an Australian passport so you must apply in person for an Australian passport to enable you to return to Australia.

Have you registered them as Aussie citizens? If you have I'm pretty sure there's a rule that Aussies have to enter Australia on an Australian passport..

Q8 - I have an Australian passport and a foreign passport; which passport do I use when entering Australia?

To avoid delays at airline check-in and again at the border entry point, Australian citizens who are dual nationals are required to depart and enter Australia on their Australian passport. An Australian citizen cannot be granted a visa for Australia in a foreign passport.

When entering Australia, all Australians, including those who hold dual nationality, must be able to prove that they are an Australian citizen. An Australian passport is conclusive evidence of a person's identity and citizenship, and provides the holder with unfettered right of entry to Australia.

International airlines have an obligation to ensure that they only carry appropriately documented passengers to Australia. In the absence of an Australian passport, airlines are unable to assess a person's claim to Australian citizenship at the time of check-in and may decline to carry the traveller.

Q9 - I am an Australian citizen but as I did not obtain an Australian passport before departing Australia, I am using my foreign passport whilst I am overseas. Do I have to apply for an Australian passport in order to return to Australia?

As noted above, Australian citizens must enter Australia on an Australian passport so you must apply in person for an Australian passport to enable you to return to Australia.

Yes - we almost fell foul of this last year even though we were able to get an Australian e-Visa on a UK passport. If you are an Australian citizen, you must enter Australia on an Australian passport (and similarly if you are a UK citizen attempting to enter the UK).

Cheers.

Guest FedUp
Yesterday I was told by a gent in the AH (not my CO) that from what he can see the only thing still outstanding are the medicals which were referred to Australia due to minor x-ray findings.

Does it really mean that I will get my visa after they get back the all-clear about my medicals from Australia?

Any idea:idea:?

Thanks for that everyone. Obviously wasn't thinking things through well enough and will start the process of getting the kids their Aussie passports tomorrow.

Alas I let my Aussie passport lapse a few years ago so will have to re-apply myself which will mean a trip up to Edinburgh for us all!!

Good news that we should be able to skip straight to the Sub 100......!

Cheers

Spencer

Guest neilg1

Hey Guys,

Am about to submit my 309 Application. Had a few questions wondered if anyone could help with. I'm in a bit of a weird situation with mine.. I previously applied with my wife (then Fiance) for the 300 Prospective Marriage Visa in December '08. This was granted to us in Feb '09 and we returned to australia in March '09. We were married in April 09, but did not then apply for the second stage processing for the 300 visa, as we had made plans to move to Canada on Working Holiday Visas. We were told I would not be able to leave Aus til the second Stage visa was granted and the current wait time was 6 - 8 months. Because of this, we let that visa go and moved to Canada in Aug 09. We have been living in Canada ever since, but are leaving this Aug and traveling the states before returning to the uk. We are also traveling in Europe during September.

Right now our situation is I am about to submit the application to London Embassy from Canada, then return to London at end of August to take medicals and go for interview if required. We are then booked to leave London on the 5th Sept and travel Europe til start of October.

My main concerns right now are

a) we were hoping this visa would process while we were away and we would be able to return to Australia towards the end of Oct. Not sure if this will be possible judging from the processing times people are giving on here.

b) when the CO writes back requesting medical checks etc. they ask you to provide them within 28 days. As I will not be in the UK for more than 28 days, will this effect my application. (Or is it possible for me to get the tests done by a panel doctor in Canada and sent on to London?)

c) on form 40SP, it asks if my wife has ever sponsored someone before... should she put down that she sponsored me before for the 300 visa or does it mean has she sponsored someone else before?

Sorry this is a long one but I want my app to be as thorough as possible before I submit...

Hi Peach

Thanks for this info but we did not register our children as Au citizens because as I said by the time we paid for their medicals it was about the same price as their passport. Since we've only just paid out for their UK passports we thought it would be just as cheap as applying for their Aussie one - less forms to fill in!!

Guest tino

Sorry for the delay in posting my end timeframe, been sorting out so much!

14/5 - Front loaded application handed in to London and payment taken

18/5 - CO assigned and form 80 requested

19/5 - Form 80 handed in to Oz House

20/5 - Call from CO saying info missing from form 80. Info was there, CO agreed, and advised all in order, and to call on 2/7 to get approval

30/6 - Emailed CO to ensure still on for approval on 2/7

1/7 - VISA GRANTED!

I had flights booked for end of July, as my employer offered me a position in Oz based on condition I was there by July/August. I advised this in my application and again once CO assigned. My CO was brilliant, and I am thrilled to bits at how smooth it all was.

Incidentally, my partner tried to get her UK visa *re-printed* in her new passport, and you are not even allowed to inquire as to the status until it has been 3 months! Letter received just after 3 months saying the price had changed and the application was therefore invalid! The application was made a full 2 months before the price change...

UK 0, Australia 1.

20/5 - Call from CO saying info missing from form 80. Info was there, CO agreed, and advised all in order, and to call on 2/7 to get approval

1/7 - VISA GRANTED!

I had flights booked for end of July, as my employer offered me a position in Oz based on condition I was there by July/August. I advised this in my application and again once CO assigned. My CO was brilliant, and I am thrilled to bits at how smooth it all was.

Incidentally, my partner tried to get her UK visa *re-printed* in her new passport, and you are not even allowed to inquire as to the status until it has been 3 months! Letter received just after 3 months saying the price had changed and the application was therefore invalid! The application was made a full 2 months before the price change...

UK 0, Australia 1.

Congrats, best wishes for the future :wubclub:

Hi everyone,

Our front loaded application was delivered to AH on July 1st. Hoping its a straightforward one - together 10 years with my aussie wife, married since 2003 with two children, joint ownership of property, etc...

Haven't heard anything yet and looking at others' timelines it seems that initial contact from a CO is often within a few days. Should we be worried?

Cheers

Pan

Hi everyone,

Our front loaded application was delivered to AH on July 1st. Hoping its a straightforward one - together 10 years with my aussie wife, married since 2003 with two children, joint ownership of property, etc...

Haven't heard anything yet and looking at others' timelines it seems that initial contact from a CO is often within a few days. Should we be worried?

Cheers

Pan

Hi Pan Co's reponse time seems to be different depending on who it is. We were lucky ours responded the next day but lots of people wait up to 10 days.

I am sure your application will be straightforward but I would still bank on waiting 3 months - I thought ours would be done in a month as we have also been together for 8, married for 5 with 2 kids yet it still took 4 months from initial application!

Good Luck:jiggy:

We got email today to say medicals had been cleared, so all we have to face now is our telephone interview on the 5th August!:huh:

Fingers crossed

That's great news - another thing ticked off the list. Good Luck with your telephone interview I'm sure it will be fine! Keep us posted!:jiggy:

Guest Paul in UK
Hi everyone,

Cheers

Pan

I'm the same, married for 10yrs+, 2 kids (Oz passports), houses ...3 months and still waiting though.

Well it finally happened today a call from my agent to say that our defacto 309 temporary visa has been granted a big whoop whoop for me :jiggy:My time line is below 12 weeks and 6 days in total.

309/100 defacto visa meds/police check front loaded and sent 9/4/2010. Payment taken CO assigned 13/4/2010.

Girls medicals referred 13/4/10 and OH UK police check requested.

UK Police check sent 10/5/2010

24/5/2010 Girls medicals got the all clear

12/7/2010 VISA GRANTED

On our visa approval letter it says that we do not need a visa label in our passport as it all electronically stored?? Thought from reading other posts that you had to send your passport off???

Well it finally happened today a call from my agent to say that our defacto 309 temporary visa has been granted a big whoop whoop for me :jiggy:My time line is below 12 weeks and 6 days in total.

309/100 defacto visa meds/police check front loaded and sent 9/4/2010. Payment taken CO assigned 13/4/2010.

12/7/2010 VISA GRANTED

On our visa approval letter it says that we do not need a visa label in our passport as it all electronically stored?? Thought from reading other posts that you had to send your passport off???

Congrats!!! :jiggy:

Yes it looks like all the visa's being granted post 1st July and now eVisas. You can check the details at;

Visa Entitlement Verification Online for eVisa Holders

You will need to call them up and get a password first though.

Guest sophie1108

1/7 - VISA GRANTED!

UK 0, Australia 1.

Tino - Congrats!

My application was with Oz House on the 11/05/2010 - fully loaded.

So I guess I could hear any day now......

The suspense is killing me!!

Guest sophie1108

12/7/2010 VISA GRANTED

Yehbut - Congrats!

I am so so jealous!

12/7/2010 VISA GRANTED

hey big congrats!!! :jiggy:

Guest jayde

We can go home together.

Finally after much stress and anxiety, the CO called from Washington to give the fantastic news that oh's spouse visa is approved.

Date of application: Mailed Stack of papers 20 Dec 2009

Nationality: American Applied Washington

Visa type: 309/100

Offshore/onshore: Offshore

Medicals submitted (yes): requested 3 Feb 2010 done Feb 25, 2010

Police check submitted (yes): requested 3 Feb 2010, FBI check applied Dec 2009 - Told 10 week minimum process

Submitted Mar 10 along with renewed Passport page that took 4 weeks to replace.

Date CO assigned: 8 Jan 2010

Date Cardiologist report requested 1 Apr 2010 sent 28 Apr 2010

Date Health Criteria *Not Met* 29 May 2010 with request for information regarding Health Waiver Application

Date Health Waiver Application sent 3 June 2010

Date visa granted: 12 July 2010 No Passport requested as Visa Electronically Applied

We can go home together.

Finally after much stress and anxiety, the CO called from Washington to give the fantastic news that oh's spouse visa is approved.

Applied Dec 09

will fill in the rest later

Thats great news for you guys congrats all the best for the future :jiggy:

Guest DaveBecs

Well done yeahbut, I bet you are over the moon. Im hoping I will hear some news soon, as sent mine on 31/03. Cant wait, im forever checking my emails, not good now I can check them via my phone aswell!!!

Best of luck to you and your family.