SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Sacul,

My partner & I are currently apart, his a perm res waiting for his citizenship so he cant come back here while we wait. So i am here waiting! I thought you weren't allowed to be in Oz when the visa is granted? This concerns me as some people have had theirs granted much quicker than the 3-4 months. So I guess unless you have been told 3-4 months its safe to visit Oz for a few months? Its all a bit confusing! I sent my application off 10th of May & have been waiting patiently 'alone' :(

I'll fly over to New Zealand for a few days when the visa is ready to be granted. It will probably work out cheaper than the money that both of us are spending on texts and phone calls at the moment!! I'm hoping it wil get granted earlier but will go crazy uf I hang around waiting for that to happen :jiggy:

Woo Hoo, we got our Visa. We actually got it yesterday, but we didn't find out till today because the good news came in the post. Now we can celebrate too.

Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

Whoop Whoop for you guys thats excellent news :jiggy:Good luck with future plans:wubclub:

Guest sophie1108

Oh right, we text every day & 1 to 2 phone calls a week & it cost us barely anything at all. We both have mobiles on 02 so texts from me to him are free & then we both have mobile on Vodafone at so its the same for him. Also with Vodafone in Oz if you get the $59 cap you get quite a few free international minutes. So all in all doesnt cost us much!

Guest christinenpete
This what I've been waiting for... :jiggy:

Thats awesome! :cool:

I emailed Pete's CO as we need to get new passports sorted soon... they said they wouldn't need the passport sent through as the visa's are all electronic now. I'm a bit confused:wacko:

Guest christinenpete
Woo Hoo, we got our Visa. We actually got it yesterday, but we didn't find out till today because the good news came in the post. Now we can celebrate too.

Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

Congrats guys, thats great news :jiggy:Good luck with your future plans

I emailed Pete's CO as we need to get new passports sorted soon... they said they wouldn't need the passport sent through as the visa's are all electronic now. I'm a bit confused:wacko:

I think what they are saying is don't worry about sending your passport to AH for them to attach a sticker. If the timing isn't right and your passport is being renewed at the time your visa is granted it won't be a problem, when you arrive at check-in the airline will be able to see your visa on their computer. Then when you get to Australian immigration, the customs official will affix you a stamp to your passport on arrival.

Guest EmilandMarleen

We didn't get a Visa label either and the letter we received told us the visa (100) was electronic. We will see when we get to OZ what happens.

Thanks for all the words of congrats! We have started packing...only 1 month till we fly out.

Guest EmilandMarleen
Excellent! I am so pleased for you.

Did you get 100 or 309?

Enjoy the celebrations!

xxx

We got the 100! Good luck with your interview...hope all goes well.

I think what they are saying is don't worry about sending your passport to AH for them to attach a sticker. If the timing isn't right and your passport is being renewed at the time your visa is granted it won't be a problem, when you arrive at check-in the airline will be able to see your visa on their computer. Then when you get to Australian immigration, the customs official will affix you a stamp to your passport on arrival.

No they won't actually,if you have a visa electronically stored in your passport no visa label is required although you can get one by sending your passport to Australia house if you wish.

When you pass through immigration on arrival you don't get given a label,your passport is stamped using a rubber stamp only,there is a difference between a visa evidencing label and a border stamp which you get at any airport when you go through immigration.

The airlines have access to the DIAC database and if you have an electronic visa then they can see that when you check in-you don't need a visa label,but they can be useful for some organisations like banks etc who may not have access to the DIAC system.

Either way there is nothing to worry about.

Good Luck.

Cheers

Jo

• Like 1

Guest garysgirl63

Hi there, my meds went ok yesterday....I went to Maidenhead and they were lovely, the woman that took my x-ray even showed it to me! The doctor and nurse told me that everything was cool and all was well.

I got home and my police check had come through! and then, this morning my visitors visa came through after only 4 days...yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaawwww, lol. So get to go back to Aust where my OH is very very soon. Going to do the trip over to New Zealand when my partner visa comes through.:biggrin:

Congrats by the way to all those that have just got their visas.:cool:

Guest FedUp
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visa subclass 100 granted today!

I'm sooooooooo unbelievably happy, it took just over 3 months!

:biggrin:

Congrats mrsg and good luck in Australia.

Guest hels

Congrats :cool:

They seem to be getting faster now from what ive read

Mine was recivied on the 28/06, money taken 01/07, CO assigned 02/07, evidence returned 03/07

Hopefully they will not take months and months now, but we shall see :tongue:

Just glad the endless task of collecting eviendnce is over now !

Guest Thamby
Congrats :cool:

They seem to be getting faster now from what ive read

Mine was recivied on the 28/06, money taken 01/07, CO assigned 02/07, evidence returned 03/07

Hopefully they will not take months and months now, but we shall see :tongue:

Just glad the endless task of collecting eviendnce is over now !

Hi hels

we have sent ours off to our agent to be submitted next week or 2.

Do they return your evidence back to you at your home address?

I know what you mean about the endless task....glad its all over and sent off!

good luck with yours

Guest hels

Yes you put a self addressed envelope in with the forms etc etc and then they send it back, i did it all myself as it was cheaper and easy to do, now we just have to sit and wait it out :biggrin:

I front loaded my meds and police checks so hopefully the next email ill get is saying its a goer, then ill nip to london to get the page in my passport as id like to actually have it as proof for the banks etc

I keep forgetting im not collecting any more and automatically add it to our evidence pile lol

Guest Thamby

haha good luck with yours my police check is due any day and i will do my medical in London once i have a reference number.

new migration year now so good time to lodge we want to be back in WA mid sep:unsure:

Yes you put a self addressed envelope in with the forms etc etc and then they send it back, i did it all myself as it was cheaper and easy to do, now we just have to sit and wait it out :biggrin:

I front loaded my meds and police checks so hopefully the next email ill get is saying its a goer, then ill nip to london to get the page in my passport as id like to actually have it as proof for the banks etc

I keep forgetting im not collecting any more and automatically add it to our evidence pile lol

We sent ours away about 3 weeks ago but I never included a self addressed envelope so I wont get anything back! I would of had I known:wacko: