SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Here's the post we all never thought was going to happen:

Subclass 100 (I hope!) - Submitted 07/01/10

Payment taken - 12/01/10

CO Assigned, Medical and Police Certs requested - 14/01/10

Police Cert sent via Special Delivery - 26/01/10

Medical completed - 05/02/10

Medical results sent by Panel Doc to Australia House - 15/02/10

CO Acknowledged receipt of medical results (after prodding from me!) - 18/02/10

Partner Visa Subclass 100 GRANTED - 29/06/2010 at 23:02

So after all the repeated thou shalt not get your visa until July and not a moment sooner, if came through in June. :wub: :wub: :wub:

(is it too early for beer?)!

A huge WHOOP WHOOP for you Peach never to early to celebrate!!! Congrats and all the best for the move and the future :biggrin:

Payment taken - 12/01/10

So after all the repeated thou shalt not get your visa until July and not a moment sooner, if came through in June. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Congrats!! Good things come to those who wait (eventually!!) Hope it all goes well for you. :jiggy:

Guest Luizinha

CONGRATULATIONS Peach!!! So happy for you! I hope you are having fun celebrating and planning a fabulous life down under.

Whereabouts are you heading? :biggrin:

In the first instance to my m-in-laws near Agnes Water, QLD where I intend to recover from the heart attack the stress of the move is going to cause me.. Once back on my feet Melbourne is hopefully our final destination. How about you?

Guest Luizinha

Sounds great. We're, hopefully, heading to Sydney. I can't wait...

I've never been to Melbourne, but everyone I have spoken to says it's a very cool city. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Guest danger402

hi i hope to apply for my spouse visa in next few days and i was wondering should i get my police checks and medicals done before i send in the application would that speed things up a bit?also any other advice would be great thanx

Guest Paul in UK

Payment taken - 12/01/10

Congratulations, about time!

Guest Paul in UK
Hi Guys! Could do with some advice/support! We submitted our fully loaded (sounds like a pizza!) application on 02/06/10, it was received 03/06/10, payment taken 04/06/10, we received documents back from AH on 11/06/10.

As yet we have had no communication from AH - no assignment of a case officer, no emails, nothing!!

I'm trying to be all zen about this and just wait it out, but everyone else seems to have had a CO assignment far earlier than this.

Should I phone to check on status? Has anyone else gone this long without any contact?

Thanks!

I was in a similar situation, went through an agent so i kept asking him whats going on. Eventually after 28 days he agreed to contact them and found out that they had written down my email address wrong, so they had emailed but to outer space. I would therefore contact them to make sure that all is well and find out who you case officer is.

Thanks for the thanks everyone!! My passport was in a special delivery envelope by 9.04am this morning! Has anyone looked at form 886? (they ask you to send it with your passport - is kind of an equal opportunites questionnaire) I loved filling in the sections for my 2 year old. English - I put speaks OK, for religion I put he doesn't know yet. For reading I put 'Only his name'. Here's hoping they look at his age before they offer us English classes.....

Guest Paul in UK
hi i hope to apply for my spouse visa in next few days and i was wondering should i get my police checks and medicals done before i send in the application would that speed things up a bit?also any other advice would be great thanx

If you have your application ready i would send it in. In the mean time you can always apply for your Police check and medical. Having your meds and police checks upfront doesn't seem to make any difference. You still have to wait 3-4 months from the date of your main application.

Guest christinenpete

Payment taken - 12/01/10

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Not much else I can say... hope the wait was worth it... enjoy, you deserve it:hug: Good luck with all your future plans

Guest lauren81
Hi Guys! Could do with some advice/support! We submitted our fully loaded (sounds like a pizza!) application on 02/06/10, it was received 03/06/10, payment taken 04/06/10, we received documents back from AH on 11/06/10.

As yet we have had no communication from AH - no assignment of a case officer, no emails, nothing!!

I'm trying to be all zen about this and just wait it out, but everyone else seems to have had a CO assignment far earlier than this.

Should I phone to check on status? Has anyone else gone this long without any contact?

Thanks!

Thanks for the replies! I phoned AH this morning it seems that we have been allocated a CO and that the email must have gotten lost in the ether??!!? One piece of further evidence requested, which was sent today, but CO told me that all else is fine (phew!). So stats are as follows:

02/06/10: Application sent front loaded with meds, police check, form 80

03/06/10: Application signed for by AH

04/06/10: Payment taken

09/06/10: Email from CO requesting further evidence (allegedly!) but never received!

11/06/10: Received originals of documents (cards/invitations etc) posted by AH

29/06/10: Phoned AH - CO confirmed and further evidence requested

29/06/10: Further evidence sent

Now just crossing fingers!

Hi,

I have a bit of a dilema,

I have applied for a job. IF I am lucky enough to get it they will naturally want me to start asap. Thing is we weren't planning to go until at least June, as we never have any money to save we are not putting application together until we have the money as whilst we are saying June, we are aware that it coud take us a lot longer to get money together. However if one of us has a job then we can drop and go.....visa depending.

The processing times are scaring me a little. If I had a job offer do you think there is a way I can speed things up a little so I could accept, can't imagine them wanting to wait more than a couple of months.

We would have to do our medicals/ pcs as soon as we knew we wante dto go is it better to get ap in and do them or wiat to submit app until they are done and use e health?

Guest EmilandMarleen

Payment taken - 12/01/10

Great, huge congratulations! There is hope for the rest of us now too! Enjoy celebrating!

We are heading to Melbourne too...when we get our visa! Good luck with the move.

Guest stirlo87

Hello Everyone,

Firstly, just want to say thank you to all the posts in this thread. They have really helped a lot.

Anywho, I have been reading the posts and updates on here for a few months now and thought it was about time I told my story. I am Australian, while my boyfriend is British. We met in 2007 while I was in the UK on a gap year. He decided to come to Australia for a working holiday and to see where our relationship was heading. He lived with me and my parents (were were only 19 & 20 at this point) while he was there and our relationship grew. I have dual nationality and therefore when his time had come to go home, there was no hesitation when he asked me to go with him.

Living in London for over 18 months now (with his parents of course) and have decided our life is in Australia and therefore decided to apply for a defacto visa. Our timeline at present is:

23/06/2010 - Visa Application lodged

28/06/2010 - Email from CO asking for Meds and Police Clearence

Tried making an appointment with the Knightsbridge surgery yesterday but to no avail (They never get off the phone!!). So will keep trying. Will send police clearence request off over the weekend.

Heres hoping it all goes smoothly. They haven't asked for any further evidence which is a good sign... I think??

Well I think I've rambled enough... Good luck to all who have also applied and congratulations to those who have had theirs approved!! :v_SPIN:

Guest FedUp
Phone the panel doc and ask them if you were graded A or B. If it was A, unlikely you'll be referred. If it was B definitely been referred.

First, congratulations for your visa. It must feel like winning the world cup after waiting all this time.

Second, with regard to medical referral. How long does it take the AH to get a decision back from Australia?

That I don't know - I guess it depends on how busy the MOC is in Sydney. There is a thread on here somewhere about their waiting times (and how to get hold of them). It would also depend on whether or not they decide to wave it through or come back to you with more questions.

Thanks for the thanks. According to the tracking my passport made it Australia House at 10am this morning :jiggy: