SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

how is he at responding to emails etc?

:cute:

I have AB too. He responds to e-mails which require him to e.g will say if he has received evidence, police checks etc But didn't respond to my enquiry about how long it would be until I phoned him as well!!

But when my husband did speak to him he was really helpful!:jiggy:

I think come July 1st and a fresh visa quota the AH floodgates will open and suddenly the visa processing times will improve (until they slow down again at the end of the year)..

My frustration at my agent for being unwilling to chase as often or as hard as I would have liked, has been replaced with the realisation that it wouldn't have done any good anyway - so should have saved myself the heartache.

To be fair Peach if they bloomin well told everyone the truth - that they have run out of their quota then people wouldn't be getting so frustrated! When someone tells you 3 -4 months processing time I think they should expect questions about what is taking so long after the 4 month mark! Especially as others have said - the lucky ones getting theirs a lot quicker! Hang on in there!!:jiggy:

Guest FedUp
nice to know someone else in the same boat, i was getting paranoid!

Good luck to you, how long have you been waiting?

About 6 weeks now.

Guest sophie1108

Hey guys,

I sent off my application on the 10th May 2010, Police Check requested & some additional info on the 21st. All sent back on the 15th June (police check took over 2weeks!! even though I paid express service).

Anyway was wondering if anyone knows whether the 3-4 months processing time will be from the main application being received or from when the Case Officer received the additional info?

Thanks in advance.

Sophie

Guest Paul in UK
Hey guys,

I sent off my application on the 10th May 2010, Police Check requested & some additional info on the 21st. All sent back on the 15th June (police check took over 2weeks!! even though I paid express service).

Anyway was wondering if anyone knows whether the 3-4 months processing time will be from the main application being received or from when the Case Officer received the additional info?

Thanks in advance.

Sophie

From my experience so far it's from the time they received the main application.

Guest epollard74

CO received my medical today. So far no other requests for further information. Hopefully that's it and I just have to wait patiently like the rest of you fine folks.:wink:

Guest Paul in UK
is that from supplying all the additional documents?

maybe its like everyone is saying come 1st july the visa floodgate will open

Mine said the 19th July, exactly 3 months from the date of my main application.

Guest FedUp
is that from supplying all the additional documents?

maybe its like everyone is saying come 1st july the visa floodgate will open

It's from the date they received the application. I was asked for the additional forms 80 and 1221 and more info about 10 days later that were sent a day later. Also sent the meds on may even they'd not been requested yet.

Did your CO ask you about you medicals?

Guest somsy77
how is he at responding to emails etc?

Hi Emma,

Mine was AB, he was good at replying to emails abt documents recieving them, asking for specific ones etc. But he ignored my 'how long is it going to take emails'. Got our visa exactly 3 months to the day though, so good luck!

Guest somsy77

I don't know if photos helped. Doesn't hurt to put in a few visuals me thinks. You dont have to have dates on them - could just write the date behind each picture, if you want.

I sent about 10 pictures spread over the year and I used this free online software tool BatchStamper --batch add text and date to your photos to 'stamp' dates on the pictures before I sent them off to be printed. You cant change dates, and it only 'exports' 5 at a time. What I did was save the 10 pictures I wanted in a folder, then hit 'export' folder, it copies first 5 (with dates on them now) to a destination folder. Then I deleted the first 5 from the source folder and hit export again.

I also labelled the back of each photo saying where the picture was taken i.e OH's brother's wedding, friend's birthday do etc etc.

AH tells you to photocopy pictures (so you get only a few sheets of paper with all the relevant pics). I just put the pics in an envelope (no staples, or paper clips), and labelled it 'photos'. Got them all back with my passport last week.

Hope this helps.

Hi everyone we are submitting our application in London in the next few weeks!...

Just have one problem, our photo's don't have the time & date's on them. has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks, Thamby.

Guest Thamby
I don't know if photos helped. Doesn't hurt to put in a few visuals me thinks. You dont have to have dates on them - could just write the date behind each picture, if you want.

I sent about 10 pictures spread over the year and I used this free online software tool BatchStamper --batch add text and date to your photos to 'stamp' dates on the pictures before I sent them off to be printed. You cant change dates, and it only 'exports' 5 at a time. What I did was save the 10 pictures I wanted in a folder, then hit 'export' folder, it copies first 5 (with dates on them now) to a destination folder. Then I deleted the first 5 from the source folder and hit export again.

I also labelled the back of each photo saying where the picture was taken i.e OH's brother's wedding, friend's birthday do etc etc.

AH tells you to photocopy pictures (so you get only a few sheets of paper with all the relevant pics). I just put the pics in an envelope (no staples, or paper clips), and labelled it 'photos'. Got them all back with my passport last week.

Hope this helps.

Thanks somsy! I have been seaching on the web for an application to stamp photo's

thanks for the advice:notworthy:

Guest Paul in UK
Hi Emma,

Mine was AB, he was good at replying to emails abt documents recieving them, asking for specific ones etc. But he ignored my 'how long is it going to take emails'. Got our visa exactly 3 months to the day though, so good luck!

I wonder if it's a 3 month minimum wait policy, i have been told a date exactly 3 months to the day that they received my application.

im pretty peeved off at the moment as i have been told that due to my connection with a HR country (Pakistan even though its purely paper based not been there for 10 plus years) my application will take 6-12 months there goes my planned move in late sep/oct straight out of the window.

Does anyone know if my meds/police clearence expire I will have to re do them?

Hi Emma,

Hey,

Sent email and yes he was quick on replying! Long may it continue!

Guest garysgirl63
im pretty peeved off at the moment as i have been told that due to my connection with a HR country (Pakistan even though its purely paper based not been there for 10 plus years) my application will take 6-12 months there goes my planned move in late sep/oct straight out of the window.

Think they last 12 months

Guest FedUp

1. Did your CO tell you that?

2. Did he ask for your medicals?

1. If you was told by someone other than your CO than no need to panic yet. As each case is different than other.

2. If the CO asked for your medicals than he/she knows that your visa won't take that much. As the CO won't ask you to spend 100's of ££ on medicals if he/she knows that you may wait that long.

Btw, the medicals and police checks expire after 12 months.

Guest Sneezy Badger

Hi everyone! Here's an update on what is happening with my visa application:

On Monday we recieved a call from the Case Officer to tell us that if we evidence that we have been living together for over 3 years she could possible skip the 309 visa, and grant me a class 100 straight away :D

Luckily we live in Germany, where you have to register with the local council whenever you move, so we have what we need.

As it was easier and quicker to drop the forms off in person, I headed to the Australian Embassy today - I expected to just hand it to the girl at the desk, but she asked me to wait while she gave it to the CO. A few minutes later, the CO came out and asked if I had my passport with me so she can do the final processing!

So I am now without a passport, but by the end of June I should have my visa *does a happy dance*

I hope this, along with the other posts and threads about granted visas, mean that things are moving faster for everyone else too

On Monday we recieved a call from the Case Officer to tell us that if we evidence that we have been living together for over 3 years she could possible skip the 309 visa, and grant me a class 100 straight away :D

We got same message!

Happy Days