SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Really Peach.

We have been together 5 1/2 years, and have evidemce to prove that.... i supposed it depends how much evidence as whilst our photographs go back that length, we only showed bills for the the last few years, as that is all we had, as we had thrown others out. We have lived together, in both the UK and Aus since 2006....

22 weeks, why so long? when did you lodge yours?

My application went in on January 7th (there's chapter and verse of me moaning on my blog, if you're ever having trouble sleeping at night!). I was told back in April that my application was in order, but due to me not having any flight plans I got put on the low priority process pile.

I was told that photo's don't really count for much (as they could have been taken at any time). Would it be possible for you to contact your bank, utility companies, airlines, insurance companies to try and get some old bills, statements, travel itineraries etc?

ive been told by my CO 4 months...!

Peach - I could do , but I worry that by adding more info I may delay the process! Ill just deal with a TR if that is what they give me! Thinkinging about it, we did include travel documents, details of flights from April 2007, and emails from those dates, so maybe that will cover it?

How would I know?

Guest EmilandMarleen
If not longer!

:wacko:

Yes, for us it is longer. We submitted our Visa on the 17 Feb and we got told by our CO today that our visa won't be finalised until early July! We are leaving the UK at the beginning of August so I hope it is very early July!

Peach - I could do , but I worry that by adding more info I may delay the process! Ill just deal with a TR if that is what they give me! Thinkinging about it, we did include travel documents, details of flights from April 2007, and emails from those dates, so maybe that will cover it?

How would I know?

Phone up your CO and ask..

How would I know?

Not a criticism, but IMO aim for PR straight away. I think PR makes available some support from the Government that you may not get access to as a TR. Some report problems with some employers who view TRs as potentially that - temporary. Therefore may be not worth employing. Not trying to scare anyone. Also, you don't have to worry about going through the process of going from TR to PR in two years time.

I thought you needed 5 years, not 3, or kids, to be potentially eligible for PR? (The booklet will say - not had to look at it for 5 months!).

Cheers. Good luck to all those still waiting. Particularly Peach.:wubclub:

The partner booklet was updated in March.. and now says:

You may, however, be granted a permanent visa without having to fulfil the usual two-year waiting period if:

at the time you apply, you have been in a partner relationship with your partner for

3 years or more, or 2 years or more if you and your partner have a dependent child of

your relationship; (pg 38 http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1127.pdf)

as an aside, has anyone heard anything about medicals?

I mean, i have heard nothing since I had it... should i assume that if there was a problem with it, they would have been in touch with me, the doctors i mean, before it left them?

Blimey....

well when I spoke to my CO she said she had everything and that unless I heard from her to assume everything was ok.....

I suppose I dont want to pester her....

surely if you were a B, they would let you know first?

In that case I'd say nothing to worry about. I did everything to push my panel doctor into 1. telling my results 2. getting the results over to Australia House as quick as possible. Done in the vain hope it would speed things along (how wrong was I!). My advice, is if there is anything you don't know phone up the CO or Panel Doctor and ask.

Why would you not want to pester? You've spent a considerable amount of money on buying a service. Unless you're abusive it won't effect your application.

im relatively happy about it, I did chase the panel doctors as I was worried they hadnt sent it, which they hadnt.. and then had confirmation from my CO she had it. and then she said that unless I heard from her I should assume everything was ok, and that I should hear mid July, if not early July....

I suppose a call to ask about RP cant hurt!

Well I've had a reply from my CO saying my application will be finalised between 23rd June and 23rd July, it had better be closer to June as we fly out n 23rd of July! How am I supposed to validate my visa if I don't have it!

Guest rachandjon
Well I've had a reply from my CO saying my application will be finalised between 23rd June and 23rd July, it had better be closer to June as we fly out n 23rd of July! How am I supposed to validate my visa if I don't have it!

Does your CO know that? Because I had the 'between 8/5 and the 8/6' quote from mine and only got it on the very last day! Not to scare you or anything! But a while back in this thread we had a discussion about how letting them know flight dates did seem to bump it along for some people. Even though they tell you not to book flights!

Does your CO know that? Because I had the 'between 8/5 and the 8/6' quote from mine and only got it on the very last day! Not to scare you or anything! But a while back in this thread we had a discussion about how letting them know flight dates did seem to bump it along for some people. Even though they tell you not to book flights!

Yeah we sent off our flight details as part of our evidence and we also talked about it in a previous email.

I'm waiting for another reply from her so I'll see what she says.

Guest epollard74

OMG, I am already frustrated. I sent my application on the 2nd from Dublin and they only received it yesterday. The guy on reception said that it can take up to 10 days to be assigned a CO. :arghh: What a load of bull. Any cases I have read about on the forum they seem to have a CO in a day or two of lodging their application.

This process is not going to be good for my health! Just as well I am having the Meds done tomorrow at least my stress levels will be low compared to what they'll be like over the next number of weeks!!! :biglaugh: :err:

Has anyone had to wait this long?