SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest rachandjon
That's great, Congratulations! Good luck with the packing and moving.

We are coming up 4 months next week and we are hoping to hear soon too.

Good luck, hope it comes soon! Our CO said we would hear by the 8/6 at the latest and she kept us waiting until the last minute!

WOO HOO!!!!! Got our visa email through today, exactly 4 months after we submitted it!!!!!

Thats fab news, all the best for the future. Hope you have fun celebrating.

Tracey

Guest berkandmath

:jiggy:congrats to everyone whose got theirs through recently. Peach.. I really dont know how your keeping your sanity! We fly out on the 21stjune, so less than 2 weeks for us now! We cant wait! will be posting updates up when we settle.. again this forum is a godsend, thanks everyone.. and goodluck to the waiters

Guest rachandjon
Thats fab news, all the best for the future. Hope you have fun celebrating.

Tracey

Off to the pub and for a curry! :wink:

Guest christinenpete
WOO HOO!!!!! Got our visa email through today, exactly 4 months after we submitted it!!!!!

Woooooohoooooooo!!!! That's awesome news, congrats :jiggy::biggrin:

I am so pleased for all those who have received their visas! We are coming up to 4 months and waiting!! I honestly can't believe how long it is taking! I was naive enough to think ours was a straightforward case and would have been sorted earlier! Hopefully we will behearing soon!

Guest Enci

Congratulations to all of you who got your visa!!! hope we are as lucky as you!

For me it is not looking well... i sent it through DHL and it arrived to the Australian Embassy in Chile on the 2nd of June. I called the embassy's assistance number and they said to wait 3 days for processing and i should be getting an email with a case number and an agent assigned. But it has been 5 working days and i haven't received anything. So i called again to see if they could help me, and i don't show up in the system. They keep asking me if i sent the completed forms, or if i sent the proof of the cancellation of the fee. Been there done that! i sent a folder that weighted 3 kilos with all that info! everything is there, and they just can't seem to find it although i even have the name of the person who received it at the embassy. So i don't know what to do I have been crying all day! How messy can they be that they can't locate a 3kilo binder?!

They asked me for more info and sent an email to the embassy. that is the other thing, i can't contact the embassy directly, i have to call this contact number in USA because the number the embassy has on its webpage simply doesn't work. HAve already wasted mornings trying to get through to chile.

So i don't know what to do, they said to wait and see if it shows up. what kind of answer is that!?!?!?!?! (i was obviously very calmed when i talked to them but my stress is building up already).

has anyone here gone through something similar? anyone here applying from the embassy in chile?

Guest FedUp

Congrats! You must feeling over the moon after waiting 4 months. Let's cross fingers for the rest of us.:biggrin:

Guest EmilandMarleen
I am so pleased for all those who have received their visas! We are coming up to 4 months and waiting!! I honestly can't believe how long it is taking! I was naive enough to think ours was a straightforward case and would have been sorted earlier! Hopefully we will behearing soon!

I know how you feel, we have been waiting that long too. After looking at all the posts from last year I thought our application would take about a month at the most! Hopefully we will hear something soon. Have you been in touch with your CO?

Depends on the evidence, Fleabo has got a 100, my CO has also promised me I'll get permanent straight away. Hence my recommendation to you to gather as much evidence from previous years as you can.

Thanks Peach. We have letters showing de-facto for past 12 months and then we have also included letters from 2006 when we bought house etc. Is this the sort of thing that would help a 100?

:hug:

Guest FedUp
Do most people get a 309 first or has anyone been granted the perm visa straight away?

emma

x

From what I learnt from my CO's first email if you have proof of relationship for at least 3 years (e.g. May 2007-June 2010) or 2 years + a child from the relatioship then you will be granted a 100.

However, this will depend on your CO who will decide if the evidence you supply is enough for a 100 or not.

Guest FedUp
Thanks Peach. We have letters showing de-facto for past 12 months and then we have also included letters from 2006 when we bought house etc. Is this the sort of thing that would help a 100?

Type of evidence you can supply.

• Joint financial or legal documents (mortgage, bank account, utility bills, will, etc)

• Individual financial or legal documents showing the same address

Good luck

Type of evidence you can supply.

• Joint financial or legal documents (mortgage, bank account, utility bills, will, etc)

• Individual financial or legal documents showing the same address

Good luck

That is pretty much what we have.

Good Luck to you too!

Guest FedUp
Congratulations to all of you who got your visa!!! hope we are as lucky as you!

For me it is not looking well... i sent it through DHL and it arrived to the Australian Embassy in Chile on the 2nd of June. I called the embassy's assistance number and they said to wait 3 days for processing and i should be getting an email with a case number and an agent assigned. But it has been 5 working days and i haven't received anything. So i called again to see if they could help me, and i don't show up in the system. They keep asking me if i sent the completed forms, or if i sent the proof of the cancellation of the fee. Been there done that! i sent a folder that weighted 3 kilos with all that info! everything is there, and they just can't seem to find it although i even have the name of the person who received it at the embassy. So i don't know what to do I have been crying all day! How messy can they be that they can't locate a 3kilo binder?!

They asked me for more info and sent an email to the embassy. that is the other thing, i can't contact the embassy directly, i have to call this contact number in USA because the number the embassy has on its webpage simply doesn't work. HAve already wasted mornings trying to get through to chile.

So i don't know what to do, they said to wait and see if it shows up. what kind of answer is that!?!?!?!?! (i was obviously very calmed when i talked to them but my stress is building up already).

has anyone here gone through something similar? anyone here applying from the embassy in chile?

It would be better if you can create a new thread for Partner Visa - Offshore Chile.

Good luck

Depends on the evidence, Fleabo has got a 100, my CO has also promised me I'll get permanent straight away. Hence my recommendation to you to gather as much evidence from previous years as you can.

Excuse the ignorance, but I thought everyone was given temp residence for 2 years, and then PR....

How does this differ?

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Excuse the ignorance, but I thought everyone was given temp residence for 2 years, and then PR....

How does this differ?

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

When you apply for a spouse visa you are automatically applying for 309/100, both temporary and permanent. Depending on what info you send and your relationship history and whether or not you are married and have children determines what subclass you will get.

I have been married for 6 years this month and have 2 kids and have been told I will get a permanent visa.

Best of luck!

• Like 1

When you apply for a spouse visa you are automatically applying for 309/100, both temporary and permanent. Depending on what info you send and your relationship history and whether or not you are married and have children determines what subclass you will get.

I have been married for 6 years this month and have 2 kids and have been told I will get a permanent visa.

Best of luck!

Oh I see. but if it is a defacto visa, which is what I am going for, it is staright to Temp I assume?

I see they are still working to the 4 months, which is annoying! is it 4 months, or 16 weeks?! weeks will be much sooner!! :)

It depends on the length of your relationship (and what you can prove). If you have been with your partner for more than 3 years (and can back that up with evidence) or have a child together you would be given a permanent visa. (i'm not married to my partner and will get the permanent Defacto visa).

(22 weeks waiting as of tomorrow!)