SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Think its just a big backlog Im afraid :(

Jacndav - My CO has responded with the standard time frames. I imagine they have so many emails to respond to it can be the easiest way to power through them. I think we just have to hold tight.

Have you tried to call? You should be hearing something soon, seeing as the 4 months is nearly up?

that many aus/brit relationships!

Guest jacqndave

Hi, thanks for the post... Yep it's a waiting game.. I just don't see anything wrong with them saying where in the process you are, my old fashioned view that customer service is still out there, when you think if you spent the money you have already in the shops you'd be complaining about the service... there that's my rant over with..

Hello, can I ask who you have as a C/O as the only responses we get are standard cut and paste replies... All I was asking was if the was any updates we lodged 27th Dec 09 so frustrating when the communication is poor...

Thanks

I would be sending them an email specifically asking when your visa will be finalised or like the poster daisyd said ring them.

Guest Frannie

Here is our timeline, so glad to be adding mine after reading so many others and hoping that my time would come!

2nd March 2010 - Frontloaded application received in London

(I then contacted our CO to see if it was ok that I go to Aus during the decision process, she said that was fine)

15th March - Email from CO saying that the decision was due to be made some time in April and that she would email me requesting me to be out of Australia.

20th April - Email received requesting me to be out of Australia

26th April - Email received confirming that the visa is granted!! woooo

29th April - Got my visa label put in at the Australian Embassy in Auckland

Just want to wish everyone luck and say that there is light at the end of that very dark tunnel. Me and my partner have been together for just over 2 years, are not married, no kids and no mortgage and so I was a little concerned. Our application wasn't straight forward and I had some medical issues that I was worried about. None the less, the application went smoothly without a worry. Hope this helps! Good luck! I'm in Sydney now starting the dreaded job hunt.

Here is our timeline, so glad to be adding mine after reading so many others and hoping that my time would come!

(I then contacted our CO to see if it was ok that I go to Aus during the decision process, she said that was fine)

15th March - Email from CO saying that the decision was due to be made some time in April and that she would email me requesting me to be out of Australia.

Just want to wish everyone luck and say that there is light at the end of that very dark tunnel. Me and my partner have been together for just over 2 years, are not married, no kids and no mortgage and so I was a little concerned. Our application wasn't straight forward and I had some medical issues that I was worried about. None the less, the application went smoothly without a worry. Hope this helps! Good luck! I'm in Sydney now starting the dreaded job hunt.

Hi Frannie,

Congratulations on getting your visa granted, yours came through quite quickly. Good luck with the job hunting :jiggy:

Tracey

Guest tino

Congrats!! Very quick indeed, lets hope everyone starts getting a fast approval from now :cool:

Congratulations you must be chuffed :) that is a quick turn around, hoping I hear from my CO soon with some good news! :)

Guest jacqndave

Congratulations Frannie!! We have fingers & toes crossed we will be joining that great Sydney Job Hunt soon..... Good Luck

Thank you so much to everyone on here for all your help and advice, it has been so very useful every step of the way and I honestly cannot describe how much I appreciate the help complete strangers have given me.

If anyone has any questions at all PM away!

Now lets hope we see some more approvals soon!

Guest tino
They emailed back and IVE GOT THE VISA :) - subclass 309 Provisional Spousevisa.

Oh my god I think Im going to cry :)

Another quick approval, congrats :cute:

congrats so its not the 3-4 months!

Did you front load your application?

Yep front loaded with medical and police checks. Included 3 australian stat decs, stat decs from house mates and stat decs from landlords.

I think our application was pretty straight forward so that may have helped.

Guest Amy30

Front loaded application 10th March 2010

Payment taken on the 12th of March

Case Worker allocated on the 18th of March

Now waiting.....

Yep front loaded with medical and police checks. Included 3 australian stat decs, stat decs from house mates and stat decs from landlords.

I think our application was pretty straight forward so that may have helped.

i have give police check or meds but that should all be done in the next couple of weeks..

We have been married 4.5 yrs and were together for a yr before so it should be straight forward too!

oh my god! Congratulations! It is just me and Fleabo in the slow-lane :o) 118 days and counting.. :o)

Peach - I think they are just stress testing our cardio-vascular systems before letting us in!:rolleyes: Making sure we are of stern stuff and all that.

Congratulations to those who have just got their visas! I am not at all bitter...enjoy the bubbly or other celebratory drink of choice!:wubclub:

Guest EmilandMarleen
Peach - I think they are just stress testing our cardio-vascular systems before letting us in!:rolleyes: Making sure we are of stern stuff and all that.

Congratulations to those who have just got their visas! I am not at all bitter...enjoy the bubbly or other celebratory drink of choice!:wubclub:

Congratulations everyone. I hope it means other approvals will come through too. We have been waiting since 17 February!

Were going out to celebrate tonight although Im off the booze for a little while so Ill be sticking to the OJ!

Posting my passport tomorrow so once thats back I will officially be VERY excited! :)