SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Wow that's Awesome news, Big Congratulations to you :smile:, you will be under the 9 mth mark !!! ..............Wish ours would hurry up now seeing so many who applied well after us getting theirs through.

Thanks! We were shocked too as we weren't expecting an email until at least November so we're really happy it came through so quickly! Fingers crossed your grant comes through soon as you applied before us, I'm sure it's not too long now :smile:

Hi again ozmichelle [emoji4]

My daughter wanted to thank you for your quick response. She wondered what visitor visa your partner came out on?

Hello. We applied for the free evisitor visa which you do via your online immi account. It took a couple of days to come through. My partner had the confirmation email they gave him printed out ready to show immigration when we got to Australia but they never asked for it. Everything is electronic these days so they would have had a record on his passport.

Yay!

I lodged on the 17th of December 2014 and I just had my visa granted last night on the 20th of October :) I was in Australia on a tourist visa hanging out with my husband until I hit the 10 month mark and then when I emailed my CO to let her know I had left the country and was now in New Zealand she emailed me back literally 1 minute later to say she would grant my visa straightaway. I'm sp happy! Good luck to everybody else waiting! I can stop frantically reading these forums now looking for updates and reassurance haha

Hi :)

I am needing some advice for my daughter and her family and am hoping someone can help. My daughter's husband applied for his partner visa four months ago. They want to move out to Australia before they have a visa decision and are aware of the risks of doing that. They have applied for the visitor visa's for her husband and children and have let their CO know that they are planning to move over here with us and have received an email...

'If you propose to visit Australia on a visitor visa you should be aware that you need to satisfy Australian border and Immigration staff that you are a genuine visitor. You will need to be able to demonstrate you have sufficient funds to cover the costs of your stay without the need to work, that you intend to visit Australia temporarily and that you have an intention to depart the country before the expiry of your visitor visa.'

My daughter is concerned as they are going to wait out his visa over here in Aus with us. They have enough funds to live for that time. Will that satisy the Immigration and border staff? They are giving up their home and jobs and wouldn't want to be turned back. Has anyone else done this and do you have any good advice please? Thank you.

This is a standard to be expected response tbh. The CO is not responsible for the tourist visa or them entering Aus and so can only give out the standard about such a visa and the requirements of it and what immigration will be expecting etc. They have no say in what immigration may do if they feel a person entering Aus on a tourist visa is not genuine etc. So they have to explain it this way.

Honestly, if you read all the blurb for the off shore partner visa is covers things like people are advised to not sell house, resign from jobs or any other major life changing things in advance of the visa grant. And for obvious reasons. They (CO's and the department) cannot definitively say a visa will be granted and neither can they say exactly when, if it is granted, it will happen. So the advice is to not put eggs into one basket and chuck everything in before a visa is granted. Makes sense to me. Anyone wishing to do this though does so at their own risk.

Now, having said that, quite a few do travel to Aus ahead of a grant (and if its just the partner its not such a big thing as a visa application including kids). Usually its in the latter stages when its perhaps a month or two away and not 4 months into a 10-14 month process. You don't say exactly when they plan to head to Aus. Is it soon as in a few weeks or a month or two, 3 or 4 months away, near the 10 month mark after lodging? I ask as if its soon, then yes, they could face issues if they are on a 3 month entry and so they will have to depart Aus at the end of 3 months and then re enter iirc. And so on. And of course, coming back in after one 3 month stint may raise eyebrows and questions. So might entering at any point on a longer term tourist visa on one way tickets. It is what it is and immigration are within their rights to question and deny entry if they feel the visit isn't genuine.

You says its the partner and kids entering on tourist visas. Are the kids therefore included on the partner visa application?

yay!

I lodged on the 17th of december 2014 and i just had my visa granted last night on the 20th of october :) i was in australia on a tourist visa hanging out with my husband until i hit the 10 month mark and then when i emailed my co to let her know i had left the country and was now in new zealand she emailed me back literally 1 minute later to say she would grant my visa straightaway. I'm sp happy! Good luck to everybody else waiting! I can stop frantically reading these forums now looking for updates and reassurance haha

wow big congratulations - that's awesome news ;-)

I lodged same time as @CameronsDad and @Annaleis, CO is VF............medical and police submitted 2-3 weeks ago, just sat here reading this post, and counting down the days really...........Oh, and dealing with a C100 in-between, just for added pressure! ;-)

Hey Mate, if you add the Date you applied,case officer medicals and police checks to your signature , @Aussiegirl can add you to the spread sheet like us all ;-)

Well once my wife has her Visa granted we can do the next stage which is "application for leave to remove a child from the jurisdiction"... We have two children on the application (my step daughters) and i have two boys who have lived me their whole lives, i have full custody of the children through a court order. The mother still has parental Responsibility (they never loose this) so have to apply to court to remove the children from the UK.

Hey Mate, if you add the Date you applied,case officer medicals and police checks to your signature , @Aussiegirl can add you to the spread sheet like us all ;-)

Well once my wife has her Visa granted we can do the next stage which is "application for leave to remove a child from the jurisdiction"... We have two children on the application (my step daughters) and i have two boys who have lived me their whole lives, i have full custody of the children through a court order. The mother still has parental Responsibility (they never loose this) so have to apply to court to remove the children from the UK.

I may be wrong in this and am willing to stand corrected, but don't you have to provide evidence of having permission to remove the children BEFORE their visa is granted?

I may be wrong in this and am willing to stand corrected, but don't you have to provide evidence of having permission to remove the children BEFORE their visa is granted?

You are correct with this we have had to sort permission from my Step Daughters Father to allow them to go and this was submitted with the application. Both my boys have Australian Citizenship by Decent so they need to travel on an Australian Passport to enter Australia but the form needs to be signed by BOTH parents, their mother wont sign this or give permission to relocate so this is why we have make an application for leave to remove a child from the jurisdiction.

You are correct with this we have had to sort permission from my Step Daughters Father to allow them to go and this was submitted with the application. Both my boys have Australian Citizenship by Decent so they need to travel on an Australian Passport to enter Australia but the form needs to be signed by BOTH parents, their mother wont sign this or give permission to relocate so this is why we have make an application for leave to remove a child from the jurisdiction.

Ah that makes sense now! Thanks for the clarification' and good luck!

Hopefully you get it all sorted soon as you lodged 10 months ago now and in principal a visa could be ready to grant anytime from now till the 14 month mark. Good luck with everything.

IIRC you have your own children and step children and from what I can work out, the step children are fine, permission has been given for them to move to Aus. Its your own Aus citizen kids with your ex that you have to get leave to remove for from what I can tell? As I said unusual but its not actually critical to the application is it. All rather unusual but first time for everything and all that :)

Hopefully you get it all sorted soon as you lodged 10 months ago now and in principal a visa could be ready to grant anytime from now till the 14 month mark. Good luck with everything.

IIRC you have your own children and step children and from what I can work out, the step children are fine, permission has been given for them to move to Aus. Its your own Aus citizen kids with your ex that you have to get leave to remove for from what I can tell? As I said unusual but its not actually critical to the application is it. All rather unusual but first time for everything and all that :)

The reason we did it this way round and applied for my Wife's and Step Daughters Visa first is , we didn't want to rock the boat if for any reason the application wasn't granted. We wanted to get the visa all in place and then apply for the boys, they are aged 13 and 15. Once a child turns 16 we don't need to apply they can just move anyway.

The reason we did it this way round and applied for my Wife's and Step Daughters Visa first is , we didn't want to rock the boat if for any reason the application wasn't granted. We wanted to get the visa all in place and then apply for the boys, they are aged 13 and 15. Once a child turns 16 we don't need to apply they can just move anyway.

Makes sense :) At that age the kids wishes will be listened to also you would expect so if they are keen to go and can say so, it will hopefully make things much easier.

Here is hoping the visa comes in soon for you guys.

I am sure I added all my visa details to my signature, can you not see them? Cheers MT

I am sure I added all my visa details to my signature, can you not see them? Cheers MT

No, your signature is not showing up. You need to click on 'Settings' in the top right of the browser. Then 'Edit signature' in the left hand menu on the next page.

No CO names please, initials only in sigs (and on the forum). Just in case you or anyone else reading is not aware of this :) No more than 3 lines of text too. Othewise it just fills peoples screens and we shrink them down ;)

Drop me a PM if you have any problems with the sig and I shall look at fixing it for you.

Hello. We applied for the free evisitor visa which you do via your online immi account. It took a couple of days to come through. My partner had the confirmation email they gave him printed out ready to show immigration when we got to Australia but they never asked for it. Everything is electronic these days so they would have had a record on his passport.

Thank you again for your help..it has been good to have someone who has been through the process [emoji5]

Hey guys,

Good news. My 309 visa came through today.

Also a straight forward application.

However also received notice the AHPRA want to refuse my general registration as a medical radiation practitioner :( so have to write a letter to the committee for them to consider. Always another hoop to jump through.

As anyone else encountered the monster known as AHPRA?

Good luck peeps.

Hey guys,

Good news. My 309 visa came through today.

Also a straight forward application.

However also received notice the AHPRA want to refuse my general registration as a medical radiation practitioner :( so have to write a letter to the committee for them to consider. Always another hoop to jump through.

As anyone else encountered the monster known as AHPRA?

Good luck peeps.

They are a nightmare.

Best of luck to you, and congrats on the visa!

No, your signature is not showing up. You need to click on 'Settings' in the top right of the browser. Then 'Edit signature' in the left hand menu on the next page.

No CO names please, initials only in sigs (and on the forum). Just in case you or anyone else reading is not aware of this :) No more than 3 lines of text too. Othewise it just fills peoples screens and we shrink them down ;)

Drop me a PM if you have any problems with the sig and I shall look at fixing it for you.

It was on there previously, must of been deleted, I've added it again, does this now work?

Cheer MT