SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Thanks for that.. i honestly thought it wouldnt come til after Christmas.. thanks for the advice..

Some case officers seem to work quicker than others. CF seems to be a quick one at the moment ;-) ..... but then again it all depends on each application and how many is on each one!!! We have 3 on ours so we know ours isn't the norm, but its hard when you see people round you getting grants ........................ The wait continues ;-)

Yours came through so quick was yours a straight forward application ? , What i mean just Husband & wife no kids? Who was the case officer ?

Hi guys

Yes it was just a straight forward application - just my husband (aussie) and myself. We did the application ourselves and submitted it on 22/01/15. LC was our case officer.

@snowy5100, I am still waiting too but like yourself only did my medical in September, I see @SiobhanandLee did theirs in July so that could be the hold up for our visa decisions or we just have CO with large workload or slower workrate :)We are flying in Juanuary so will drop an email in December if not granted before then.... House up for sale now... need to go get organised got viewers in an hour...

@snowy5100, I am still waiting too but like yourself only did my medical in September, I see @SiobhanandLee did theirs in July so that could be the hold up for our visa decisions or we just have CO with large workload or slower workrate :)We are flying in Juanuary so will drop an email in December if not granted before then.... House up for sale now... need to go get organised got viewers in an hour...

Did my medical in January :) so probably not that.

The only reason we did our medicals and police checks in September was to give us enough time once grant has been given to sport everything out before having to go and validate. We were asked to submit these any time after the 30 June by the CO right at the start, but we emailed them and they said as long as they had it by 30th September it would have no impact. I think some applications are easier than others. Siobhanandlee was a straight forward husband and wife application, where mine consists of children as well. We are not in any mega rush anyway as we are not moving back until two of the children finish their GCSE next year.

The wait continues ;-)

The only reason we did our medicals and police checks in September was to give us enough time once grant has been given to sport everything out before having to go and validate. We were asked to submit these any time after the 30 June by the CO right at the start, but we emailed them and they said as long as they had it by 30th September it would have no impact. I think some applications are easier than others. Siobhanandlee was a straight forward husband and wife application, where mine consists of children as well. We are not in any mega rush anyway as we are not moving back until two of the children finish their GCSE next year.

The wait continues ;-)

I wouldn't stress, sure it will be through soon.

Yeah hopefully not to long to go. Not stressed. Got time.

Has anyone on here had to deal with AHPRA registration? This is the one that's holding me up :)

@ballbox, I still need to do my AHPRA/ANMAC stuff..... also need to revalidate / organise it all before NMC changes next year.... wish I had renewed this year and then I would know whether it was worth keeping my UK registration... what do you do and where ru going?

@ballbox, I still need to do my AHPRA/ANMAC stuff..... also need to revalidate / organise it all before NMC changes next year.... wish I had renewed this year and then I would know whether it was worth keeping my UK registration... what do you do and where ru going?

I'm a radiograper and I'm heading to Melbourne. However because I trained in Cape Town my application needs to go to the committee for approval :/ which has been time consuming. All the little hoops to jump through. Anyway was wondering if anyone else had dealt with AHPRA and the committee. But it seems to be moving along now.

VF - any chance you've got a crystal ball tucked away???

We hit 10 months next week. This last bit is a killer isn't it? Didn't think it would be this bad, but it's really getting to me now.........

Yeah my wife is bouncing off the walls, messaging me all day every day lol ....... Being a school teacher she hasn't time to speak on here and check emails , so its left to me but the Visa is her ;-)

Hi all

I applied Feb 1, 2015. our second application as we got rejected in Dec 2013.

CO rang me to say they are happy with our application and docs and to get my medical done in late August. i supplied my police certs at application time

Case officer is KP. Does anyone else have them

Hi all

I applied Feb 1, 2015. our second application as we got rejected in Dec 2013.

Welcome to the waiting room.....

If you don't mind me asking, why was your first application refused??

And which visa are you applying for? Good luck with this one!!

we applied in Sep 2013 for a partner 309. we got bad advice from an agent who basically used us a cash cow.

we went with our hearts as we didnt want to be apart but if i knew then what i know now, i would have never went with the application.

we were lacking in cohabitation requirements and light on other aspects of the evidence needed.

we corrected that in the meantime and reapplied for 309 in february this year.

its been a tough old process with me moving to australia and not being able to work and now my partner moving to ireland and her working visa has expired since july. so financially ,its been a strain but of course it will all be worth it in the end. the recent spate of approvals is giving me a lot of hope . we are hoping to get the grant early december and head back to Oz early Jan after one last cold christmas with my family

we applied in Sep 2013 for a partner 309. we got bad advice from an agent who basically used us a cash cow.

we went with our hearts as we didnt want to be apart but if i knew then what i know now, i would have never went with the application.

we were lacking in cohabitation requirements and light on other aspects of the evidence needed.

we corrected that in the meantime and reapplied for 309 in february this year.

its been a tough old process with me moving to australia and not being able to work and now my partner moving to ireland and her working visa has expired since july. so financially ,its been a strain but of course it will all be worth it in the end. the recent spate of approvals is giving me a lot of hope . we are hoping to get the grant early december and head back to Oz early Jan after one last cold christmas with my family

Aha - that old chestnut - seen it a few times on here - what a waste of time and money for you. But on the plus side, if your relationship can survive that, it must be pretty rock solid!! You have to'd and fro'd a lot, hey? I've not seen my man since January and I'm getting a bit towey now!!

yeah its been a tough couple of years, from initially meeting when i was on my WHV, to being separated when it expired, to lodging and getting rejected.

i see from your sig wan2go, that your co was the one who rejected me. she was very nice and informative though as to what we had to do to lodge a successful application.

fingers crossed we hear something soon, my partner cannot wait to go back to the sun and be able to work again