SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Im approaching the ten month mark tomorrow... the wait is the worst wait I have ever had.. and I wore braces as a kid! It would be good if the CO's could give little updates, its a lot of money to invest into a year of shrugging your shoulders wondering.. lil nuggets of hope wouldnt go a miss. Lol i appreciate they are probably stretched thin.. just want to know something.. anything lol.

Many thanks for that..

Hi, We had CF, our flights are booked for 14/10/15 today so last week we emailed our CO and hey presto the grant was issued 3 days later, i think after 9 months if you can show you have a flight booked it might help getting the visa through, providing its a clear cut case.

Well its been a while now ( a week ) since we had news that someone got their Visa Granted, well Wango, Ip77, Bobby122 ,Nadin77 and Myself are with in reach of the 10 mth mark soon so hopefully we will be getting an answer very very soon..... The wait seems to get longer the closer you get ;-)

But it s worth the wait ;-)

Well I FINALLY got my FBI clearance yesterday after 7 months, so I'm hoping once I upload it and email my CO, I will get the go ahead to leave the country to get my grant. With work and stuff though I don't think I'll be able to get away until next month.

We recently found out we are expecting a baby so I will glad to get off this Working Holiday Visa!

Im approaching the ten month mark tomorrow... the wait is the worst wait I have ever had.. and I wore braces as a kid! It would be good if the CO's could give little updates, its a lot of money to invest into a year of shrugging your shoulders wondering.. lil nuggets of hope wouldnt go a miss. Lol i appreciate they are probably stretched thin.. just want to know something.. anything lol.

Consider no news is good news in terms of updates. CO are busy people and will only contact you if they require more information (ie you lodged an incomplete application). Hearing that is not the kind of news most people applying for this visa want, so IMHO its preferable not to get that email or phone call asking for X document within 28 days :cute: If they have it all and don't need anything else it just ticks over nicely till you do your medical and police check and again, if there is an issue, they will let you know pretty quick , if not, then thats fine. After that, it just sits some more till they can get it rubber stamped, well, thats sort of the gist of it.

Also please remember, this is one of the most straightforward visas for Australia. It really is. So long as you are a genuine couple, can provide proof of this as per the requirements, pass the medical and police check, your visa is pretty much going to happen. I've read of the odd instance of people not providing enough evidence whose application fails (ie not meeting the 12 months de facto). One or two where more medical tests and info were sought and the odd police check needing a bit of explaining but in the end, this has amounted not too many partner visas being denied. At least not from people on here.

Basically, what I am trying to say is if its a legit application, all in order and you pass the medical etc you are in, nothing really to wonder or fret about while the application is sitting in the queue. Compared to what many who migrate to Aus go though, this visa and its application process is a doddle.

My visa came through this morning!!

I am a little unsure what happens next with it though. Is the Visa Grant Notice that I was sent notifying me of the grant all I need to get into Australia? My wife and I had thought that there might be a card or some such, because we're pretty sure they don't put anything in the actual passport anymore. We just want to know if we need to keep an eye on the post! Thank you for the positive messages..

I am a little unsure what happens next with it though. Is the Visa Grant Notice that I was sent notifying me of the grant all I need to get into Australia? My wife and I had thought that there might be a card or some such, because we're pretty sure they don't put anything in the actual passport anymore. We just want to know if we need to keep an eye on the post! Thank you for the positive messages..

Big Congratulations ;-)

Yes, that is it.

Ensure you print off the full email (with the lovely Gov heading etc and CO signature) a few times to keep to hand. Carry it with you when you travel to Aus and also when applying for Medicare and other things as they may well want to see the full letter with header etc as proof. Not just the grant page.

All the visas are electronic and will be seen on screen at the check in and at Aus immigration when they scan your passport. Ensure when you are at immigration in Aus they stamp your visa with the entry date.

And thats it.

Edited by Guest
added a line

Hello

Got my visa grant yesterday - 9 months 2 weeks!

Hang in there people - I know it's horrible waiting but you'll get there in the end x

Yours came through so quick was yours a straight forward application ? , What i mean just Husband & wife no kids? Who was the case officer ?

Yes, that is it.

Ensure you print off the full email (with the lovely Gov heading etc and CO signature) a few times to keep to hand. Carry it with you when you travel to Aus and also when applying for Medicare and other things as they may well want to see the full letter with header etc as proof. Not just the grant page.

All the visas are electronic and will be seen on screen at the check in and at Aus immigration when they scan your passport. Ensure when you are at immigration in Aus they stamp your visa with the entry date.

And thats it.

Thanks for that.. i honestly thought it wouldnt come til after Christmas.. thanks for the advice..