SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Thank you, been long wait but will be worth it. I'm back in Scotland and I want to return to OZ in the middle of October, as long as it comes before then and I can't return with my fiancé

To summer as well! My fiancée is in Aus so makes it even harder to wait! Just got back on Thursday from visiting him for two weeks and I'm desperate to get back. Hopefully only 7 months to go!!! :arghh:

To summer as well! My fiancée is in Aus so makes it even harder to wait! Just got back on Thursday from visiting him for two weeks and I'm desperate to get back. Hopefully only 7 months to go!!! :arghh:

I spent 15 months out there and I've only been back for 2 weeks and I miss OZ already. Well I hope they speed things up and you don't have to wait that long.

Well just coming up to 9 mths now and we had an email from our case officer (RN). Whilst i have been assessing your application we have noticed that one of your children are over 16 can you please supply a penal check asap, they have never asked for this before!!!. Well we applied on Wednesday night and paid for express service hopefully we can get this to case officer over the weekend or early next week... hopefully not to much longer now before we get the grant ;-)

Well just coming up to 9 mths now and we had an email from our case officer (RN). Whilst i have been assessing your application we have noticed that one of your children are over 16 can you please supply a penal check asap, they have never asked for this before!!!. Well we applied on Wednesday night and paid for express service hopefully we can get this to case officer over the weekend or early next week... hopefully not to much longer now before we get the grant ;-)

Hi, Thats a bit late in the day. Sounds as those they are very lazy in checking details after 9 months or not competent.

Its normal for anyone over 16 on an application to provide a police check. They do explain this in the partner visa PDF and on the immigration website.

Was your child 15 at the time of lodging? If so, that would probably explain why it was not asked for when the applicant was asked to do their police check. If the child was 16 at the time of lodging then it was an oversight on their part and as they are now probably reviewing the file for grant they have noted the age and so are asking for the police check.

FWIW, anyone reading this with a child over 16 going on an application would probably be better to get one done when they get theirs and send it in at the same time.

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/309-

[h=3]Including family in your application[/h]You can include the following people in your visa application:

• your dependent children

• other dependent relatives.

If you add a dependent child to your application, that child must meet the requirements for including family members in your application. The application needs to include documentary evidence of the child's relationship to you.​​

Your dependent child must also be able to show that they meet Australia’s health and character requirements.

Whats the current waiting time for being appointed a case officer for an 820 submitted in Perth this month? Thanks

The current processing time for an on shore partner visa is iirc around 14 months. They give a timeframe of 12-15. You generally don't hear much from them so don't panic, they will contact you if there is anything they require. If you lodged on line your case is in the queue and will be dealt with in the time frame generally.

IIRC it was your partners application and you are the sponsor right?

Have you read the info on the immigration website? https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/801- Use the links on the page to view the info.

So its currently taking around 12-15 months to be assigned a CO..? I have a colleague at work who had their partners 820 approved last year in Perth in 3 months (pretty much same situation as myself and my partners situation too)..Thanks

No, that is the time they give on their website. Although if you dig a little deeper on there they say elsewhere its 6-8 months depending on if country of applicant is high or low risk. https://www.border.gov.au/about/access-accountability/service-standards/family-visa-processing-times

So don't put too much in to wait times and go with the flow :) Your partner will automatically go onto a bridging visa (as has been explained to you in other threads) and the application is in. So sit back and don't get too worked up on when something may happen during the process.

Don't expect 3 months. Then if it did happen to come through sooner, great for your partner isn't it. If it doesn't, then you at least won't be disappointed or stressing or worrying about it as much as if you have an expectation of 3 months.

You cannot take that others got their 820 in 3 months will happen to you. Had that applicant been on a PMV prior to their application and then gotten married? If so, that would explain the speedier timeframe probably.

A CO is usually assigned but they often don't contact the applicant till later when they need to and the queue is moving on a bit. They are busy people and if the application is lodged in person the department will acknowledge that. If it was online then your partner has their IMMI account to look at and see the application status.

ETA - Were you the couple who were doing this off the back of a WHV for your partner? If so did you lodge before the full period of time as de facto had passed? They don't take de facto after lodging as part of the equation. Its the de facto prior to lodging. Were you using the WHV year as your de facto time? If so, did you complete a full year de facto? Or are you in a state where you could register your relationship and so got round that aspect?

De facto applicants

Usually your de facto relationship must have existed for at least 12 months immediately before you apply for this visa. Time spent dating does not count towards a de facto relationship.

You can be granted a visa without having been in a de facto relationship for 12 months if:

• you can demonstrate compelling and compassionate circumstances, such as having dependent children

• your partner has been granted a permanent humanitarian visa and your de facto relationship existed before it was granted, and you told us about the relationship before the visa was granted

• your de facto relationship has been registered in Australia (this is not available in all states and territories).

Edited by Guest
added a bit

Thanks Snifter, much appreciated. - Yeah its all up in the air for us but at least we have 'some' visa (a BVB) for 'some' time. We are in WA so there isnt an official place to register a relationship here (other than Melville council). 13 months BVB is better than nothing ( be it an expensive BVB (ie having to pay for an 820 application). Anyway worst case scenario that would give us enough time to sort out an english test/skills assesment for 190/189/alternative visa here or somewhere else & we 'should' both be able to keep working in the meantime which is an offset really. Thanks