SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi all, new to this and here's my first post. I phoned to enquire about medical at my closest clinic and was told I couldn't do anything until I was given a HAP ID. I assumed this would be given to me at a later stage (or is it somewhere on the immi account page) Not in a rush, I was just enquiring about cost and days etc with the hospital for the medical.

Nice to 'meet' you all.

Hi all, new to this and here's my first post. I phoned to enquire about medical at my closest clinic and was told I couldn't do anything until I was given a HAP ID. I assumed this would be given to me at a later stage (or is it somewhere on the immi account page) Not in a rush, I was just enquiring about cost and days etc with the hospital for the medical.

Nice to 'meet' you all.

Hi,

I believe the HAP ID can be found in the email when contacted by your CO. But hold off on the medical as it's only valid for 12 months. All the best [emoji108]

Where did you find the information telling us to wait before doing the medical? Had a look back at my correspondence with my immi account and can't see anything prior to being assigned my CO. And when I initially logged in it stated I'll need the medical and police checks with no timeframe.

As snowy has explained, the Aus High Commission website has all the info for the 309 off shore application. I found it really useful when making my application and used to always say to people on here in this thread to read that site alongside the partner visa application and the partner visa PDF booklet as it was well worth being informed of all the stuff.

I think time was before they made some more recent changes to the Aus immi website etc, people knew to look there at the HC site and was often posted in this thread the same link/s re panel doctors and police checks etc. And it was common knowledge in the thread to not undertake medical or police check until requested by your CO due to the period of time they are valid and how this can impact on visa validation timeframe.

It does seem that given the move to online applications for the partner visa in the past year or two that many are missing some very useful info on the HC website that would give them a much better idea of the timeframe, the process and the expectations for medical and police check and more.

http://uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/Visas_and_Migration.html scroll to the bottom of the page it has info on the application process, fees, medicals and more. I recommend it as a good read :)

If people want to read it all, bookmark the links, repost them in the thread from time to time or put it in their sig, all helpful to others I'd reckon :)

Edited by Guest
typo

Thank you snifter. Were people able to get their medical done in the past without a HAP ID because they would barely speak to me without one let alone book an appt.

No, you were still supposed to have one. But then the wait time was running at about 9 months so a CO in their first (and often only) email would give you your HAP id and give you a date to take your medical after and apply for your police check. Was around the 3 month mark so gave people about a 6 month window in which to validate after grant.

Also I used to think no news was good news with regard to contact from a CO. They will only contact you if they need to for something to go with your application so them beung quiet is not a bad thing IMHO. If an application is genuine, meets the requirements and you've provided all the supporting evidence then it will be granted in due course. The waiting drags on but the outcome is usually a good one :)

Edited by Guest
added bit

Thank you snifter. Were people able to get their medical done in the past without a HAP ID because they would barely speak to me without one let alone book an appt.

Hi Tracy,

You have to create an immi account to get a hap id. I did this last November, 7 months before actually submitting my visa application and having my medical. You can do it now to generate the hap id but like someone else suggested above, to avoid the confusion and the time delays, hold off until you have applied and paid for your visa and your CO gives you a rough idea on when to get it done.

Welcome!! What visa are you applying for?

I'm sorry if i can across wrong that wasn't my intention and it doesn't read like that either.

What i was trying to point out to People is to wait until your asked to go for medicals and then you don't have to worry about them expiring before your granted, that's not putting a downer on anyone at all.

Stressful don't tell me about it, i have been trying to get my wife and our 4 children to Australia for 3 years, and we have spent thousands and thousands in court, to get an order to let us take 2 of the children due to my ex not allowing them to go....!!!!

totally get the stress u r talking about, also been waiting years to get to this point due to my ex. All good now though have the paperwork I needed & got application in just before increase. Would have been great to get it in before January's increase but never mind at least it's in now.

And also get the stress & frustration of GooseRenders, being apart from partner is very hard especially when you've already been waiting so long to get to this stage..... Look on the bright side people, our visas are submitted & we're all on the right track....woohoo

I know for one being on here has helped me sooooo much, so greatful for the support & advice from others!! :rolleyes:

Hi, it's my husband applying for the 309 visa. Submitted the application on 12 August via the immi account.

I used the online immi account to apply for our two daughters' Australian citizenship certificates.

I've been watching this forum for a couple of weeks now and it's helped loads so thank you everyone.

Has anyone uploaded financial information re aussie partners income? Eg their ability to support the applicant?

Yes I think my H2b scanned and emailed his income info to our agent when he did his 40sp form, weather the agent uploaded it or not I don't know but I think on the 40sp form it asked for it but don't quote me on that. If it doesn't ask for it on that form I'm sure I've read somewhere that they want that info!!

Hi, it's my husband applying for the 309 visa. Submitted the application on 12 August via the immi account.

I used the online immi account to apply for our two daughters' Australian citizenship certificates.

I've been watching this forum for a couple of weeks now and it's helped loads so thank you everyone.

welcome Tracy, lovely bunch on here and always ready with advice...... Has helped me :)

Has anyone uploaded financial information re aussie partners income? Eg their ability to support the applicant?

This was a couple of years ago. Hubby copied 2 years worth of salary slips to show he was the main earner and supporting our family. Also a few bank statements to show the funds going into the account. This was to back up what he had written in his supporting statement about it all in the past and our plans for the future once we moved to Aus. He also covered in that his plans for how he would support us once we were living in Aus. That we would stay with family for a while, he had a job lined up to start with and so on.

They don't expect actual proof of how you will be financially supported in Aus (ie sponsor to have a chunk of money in a bank account already), don't worry. Most don't have this to give given many are living overseas at the time of applying and being the sponsor. Its about showing the sponsor has a plan and can outline this and so on.

Edited by Guest

I'm the Aussie and the sponsor in our application. When I uploaded all of our forms I wrote a statement, which was a page or two long, about how il be able to support my partner as his sponsor when we arrive in Australia. I just outlined our plans for how much we planned to have saved when we move over, where we will live, what we will do for work etc. I copied another persons statement in another forum I come across, she had uploaded an outline for people to use, as the way she had laid it out was really helpful

I also uploaded statements from our joint account but because we had that for less then a year I also uploaded bank statements from each of our individual accounts and highlighted any transfers between us to show that we were supporting each other financially and just put a little note saying what it was for. I think I also uploaded one of my pay slips to show how much I earn. But I don't think all of this is a requirement haha I just really wanted to make sure we had covered everything so they didn't ask us for more information!

Edited by ozmichelle

When you apply for your 309 from the UK, even though you apply through the IMMI Account your application will be processed by the London office. here is the link to the information http://uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/immi_health.html

Yeah we were lucky we got the approval from the courts on the 29th December, so we managed o get the application in before fees went up and if you didnt know they have increased again in July.... Silly money now.

It isnt stated anywhere on the Australian website (well not that I can see) and I didnt apply in the UK so have never visited this website before at all.

The Department of Immigration in Australia told me in writing that they can extend medicals for 6 months and Police checks for even longer in certain cases.

I'm the Aussie and the sponsor in our application. When I uploaded all of our forms I wrote a statement, which was a page or two long, about how il be able to support my partner as his sponsor when we arrive in Australia. I just outlined our plans for how much we planned to have saved when we move over, where we will live, what we will do for work etc. I copied another persons statement in another forum I come across, she had uploaded an outline for people to use, as the way she had laid it out was really helpful

I also uploaded statements from our joint account but because we had that for less then a year I also uploaded bank statements from each of our individual accounts and highlighted any transfers between us to show that we were supporting each other financially and just put a little note saying what it was for. I think I also uploaded one of my pay slips to show how much I earn. But I don't think all of this is a requirement haha I just really wanted to make sure we had covered everything so they didn't ask us for more information!

Apart from lots of bank statements we haven't really written down anything about how he will support me or how much he does / will earn in Aus. ( don't have jobs to go to so how can we prove that anyway!) But we are both professional & I earn more than him anyway so more likely I'll be supporting him! Lol! Oh well, I guess the CO will ask for this info if they want it. Fingers crossed for an email this week.