SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Congratulations to everyone who has just had their Visa's granted :-) fantastic news! Only a couple of months left for us.

We are heading off to Australia in October. I finally managed to convince the other half to move, only 6 and a half years later! Just a quick question, I know people have posted on here before about the tourist visa but I don't think there has actually been an answer. We are heading off at the beginning of October which is most likely going to be before his visa is granted (as 10 months is the 29th October), therefore, he will need to get a tourist visa. There are three to choose from on the site which is really confusing as some you have to pay for and then one if free. Who can tell me which one is the best one to get? Thanks for the help!

Congratulations to everyone who has just had their Visa's granted :-) fantastic news! Only a couple of months left for us.

We are heading off to Australia in October. I finally managed to convince the other half to move, only 6 and a half years later! Just a quick question, I know people have posted on here before about the tourist visa but I don't think there has actually been an answer. We are heading off at the beginning of October which is most likely going to be before his visa is granted (as 10 months is the 29th October), therefore, he will need to get a tourist visa. There are three to choose from on the site which is really confusing as some you have to pay for and then one if free. Who can tell me which one is the best one to get? Thanks for the help!

Hi, were off on 14th October which is at 9.5 month mark. Other half just got a 601 eta, which was processed by travel agent at time of booking flights. It lasts for 3 months at a time up to 12 months with multiple entries. We figure that should be long enough till grant comes through. Maybe well get lucky and our CO will grant us just before we fly. The 601 eta is free for UK passport holders.

Congrats, we also have CF, one of a few, So when are you off?

Yes I have not seen his name pop up often, not to sure when we are off, we don't have any commitments here in the UK as been living with our parents whilst saving up for the last couple of years, so we are going to do a bit of travelling around asia before going to oz, as long as we arrive before the final entry date we should be all good

Hi, were off on 14th October which is at 9.5 month mark. Other half just got a 601 eta, which was processed by travel agent at time of booking flights. It lasts for 3 months at a time up to 12 months with multiple entries. We figure that should be long enough till grant comes through. Maybe well get lucky and our CO will grant us just before we fly. The 601 eta is free for UK passport holders.

Hey Bronyaur, thanks for your help :-) Am going to send an email to my CO before we leave, hey you never know it might speed up the process. We're not too worried if it doesn't come before we leave, I mean it would be nice haha but it would mean the other half can have a nice little holiday before he has to start working. Also a little trip over to New Zealand also wouldn't hurt as I've never been there before :-) I'll look at the 601 eta now.

16 years??? Bloody hell!! Forgive me for saying so, but you both look far too young if that's you in the pic. And I know just what you mean with the last sentence........ No more leaving through 'the gates of hell' (Perth Departure gate!) alone, ever again.........

Ah thanks! We were just kids when we met, half a lifetime ago!

Morning everyone,

been lurking in the background for a couple of months now, but thought I would join to give everyone a bit of hope.

we applied for a 309 visa on 25/10/14 Case officer CF. Medicals were done in April 15, And the visa was granted today, so just under 10months.

I wish everybody waiting the best of luck, they seek to be coming through quick now.

Congratulations Tom and thank you for sharing your happy news with us all on here. What a great way to end the week! Good luck with the big move and enjoy your travels.

Morning everyone,

been lurking in the background for a couple of months now, but thought I would join to give everyone a bit of hope.

we applied for a 309 visa on 25/10/14 Case officer CF. Medicals were done in April 15, And the visa was granted today, so just under 10months.

I wish everybody waiting the best of luck, they seek to be coming through quick now.

Congratulations Tom, best of luck for yr future ?

loving all the grants this week :)

Congrats Tom and family , best of luck to you all ,when do you take flight over

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Toms200sx viewpost-right.png

Morning everyone,

Hi.

We applied for the partner spouse visa on 7th July, unfortunately after the price increase :(

If only I found this forum earlier!

Not had any emails yet? How long till you get an estimated time period?

Was just concerned lots of people would have applied in June so waiting times may increase for July applicants!

Was hoping to move to Melbourne in Feb so would be ideal if it was no more then 10 months as then hubby would only need a 3 month visitor visa.

Fingers crossed!

It took about 3 weeks after we lodged to receive an email telling us it would be 10-14 months instead of the 5 that they quoted on the website.

Right, husband has finally got round to doing the 40sp form. He's done it through his own immi account and put in my TRN from my application. Will it show up on my immi account that he's filled it in?

Hoorah!

Yes, his account will link up to yours if he's used your TRN. My hubbie did the same and I could see his 40sp form in my IMMI account pretty soon after submission and then saw the status change to Approved once all his supporting documents were uploaded.

Just a further bit of good news following on from my visa grant last Thursday; at the weekend, I decided to book my (one-way!) flight to Melbourne. Emirates wanted £810.90, Etihad over £700, Qatar £943 (all one-way prices)...and then I went to Singapore Airlines' website just to see what they were asking.

The long and the short of it? I got a one-way economy ticket to Melbourne (via SGP) for £420.20. What a price! I can't believe it!! :chatterbox:

looks like a lot of people jumped in just before the fees went up, I still havent had an email about timeframes or a CO or anything lol! I really do hope it hasnt gone up from the 10 -14 months!!!!!

i was thinking the same thing this morning, keep looking at my emails. Just need some kind of conformation! :wacko:

The long and the short of it? I got a one-way economy ticket to Melbourne (via SGP) for £420.20. What a price! I can't believe it!! :chatterbox:

We're flying with Singapore Airlines too :smile: we got one way flights to Brisbane for £580. This was the cheapest we could find as well!

We received a good sign the other day that things seem to be on the right track :-) Has anyone received a letter in the mail recently asking you to confirm your electoral information? We get these letters every few months or so. On the letter it states your name and then your nationality next to it. My name had Australian next to it, our housemates had British, but my fiance (who is applying for the Visa) had British/Commonwealth written next to his. In previous letters it used to just state British! Haha I could be reading into it too much but any sign is a good sign :-)

i was thinking the same thing this morning, keep looking at my emails. Just need some kind of conformation! :wacko:

It's totally normal it took nearly 7 weeks for us to get a CO, I'd phoned the Europe Call Centre and was told it could take 6-8 weeks to hear anything. Don't worry they will be in touch soon :)

Just a further bit of good news following on from my visa grant last Thursday; at the weekend, I decided to book my (one-way!) flight to Melbourne. Emirates wanted £810.90, Etihad over £700, Qatar £943 (all one-way prices)...and then I went to Singapore Airlines' website just to see what they were asking.

When are you off Croker? I've been looking into flights around April time and they are around £550 one way at the moment which isn't too bad. £420.20 is an absolute bargain!! Good skills

3 weeks, how lovely! Where are you off to? X

I'm off to see my parents in Spain can't wait, sister will be there for first week so we have lots planned. Probably be the last time for a while we'll get to spend that sort of time together!

I'll still be keeping an eye on u guys tho lol :wink: