SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi Laura!

Good luck with everything, won't be too much longer now I bet you can't wait!! Where are you moving to?

Hi Danielle and Benn!

im off o Brisbane! I can't wait! This wait has gone on so long and I can't plan anything until I know what's happening! How about you guys?

God, I hope it comes soon - just 5 days short of the 10 month mark now! It would ease my mind (and that of my fiancee!) so much to have the grant in the next few days.

I do feel bad for my other half, she's out in Melbourne organising the entire wedding on her own as - realistically - how much can I do from over here? So it'd be nice for her to know that things are all going ahead and she's not wasting her time!

Hi Danielle and Benn!

im off o Brisbane! I can't wait! This wait has gone on so long and I can't plan anything until I know what's happening! How about you guys?

Hi!

I'm moving to Perth! It's a hard slog being so far away and I am such a rubbish impatient person, I hate not knowing! Cannot WAIT for the day I can get on a one way flight and never have to say goodbye to Benn again!!

Awesome job Pookie!! I'm excited to watch the list change with all out lovely visa offers ;o)

Thanks Goose!

BTW, the 100 is the second stage of the 309 partner visa - normally granted two years after the 309. The 100 entitles you to permanent residence and to apply for Australian citizenship. Some 309 applicants go straight to a 100 grant because they have been with their partner for more than three years, or two years if they and their partner have a dependant child.

Hope this stops you scratching your head in puzzlement!

Please add mine - 25/3/15 lodged, CO LG...........

Looks like the seeker and croker are any day!!!! It's a tad surreal rooting for people you've never met/never will meet but have a common link with and actually care what happens!!!! :-)

You are already on the leaderboard Annaleis!

Totally agree with you about rooting for strangers! I guess we have empathy for them as we are all going through the same process. And one day it will be our turn.

My husband's visa came through yesterday (4th August). They granted the 100 straight off which is a relief, now this process is finally over! Our application went in on 9th Oct 2014. I hope this means that another wave is on its way.

Congratulations! Who was your case officer, by the way? Mine is WP.

Hi.

We applied for the partner spouse visa on 7th July, unfortunately after the price increase :(

If only I found this forum earlier!

Not had any emails yet? How long till you get an estimated time period?

Was just concerned lots of people would have applied in June so waiting times may increase for July applicants!

Was hoping to move to Melbourne in Feb so would be ideal if it was no more then 10 months as then hubby would only need a 3 month visitor visa.

Fingers crossed!

What is this 100 that people keep speaking of..?

It's for the lucky ones who have managed to live together/be married first! ie managed to have something resembling a 'normal' life together (lucky blighters). I think in my case a 'Long Service medal' would be more appropriate, seeing as time before the PMV application doesn't seem to count for much. August bank holiday will mark 10 years since we met and started this amazing crazy ultimate long distance romance thingo (children, elderly parent, finances etc keeping us apart before). We're not the only ones, but I guess that makes us all pretty special people (and all the other Poms in Oz!).

I must admit I'm still a little baffled as to how visas are dished out. I mentioned yesterday that some who applied only a few weeks before us have had their visas for almost two months, and now we have a user who applied after us and got their visa yesterday. Bizarre!

Congratulations! Who was your case officer, by the way? Mine is WP.

Someone called Ixxxx? That's just the name at the bottom of the visa letter. We have never had any contact with our CO, we just put the application in and waited. Good luck everyone.

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removed CO Name - initials only please

It's for the lucky ones who have managed to live together/be married first! ie managed to have something resembling a 'normal' life together (lucky blighters). I think in my case a 'Long Service medal' would be more appropriate, seeing as time before the PMV application doesn't seem to count for much. August bank holiday will mark 10 years since we met and started this amazing crazy ultimate long distance romance thingo (children, elderly parent, finances etc keeping us apart before). We're not the only ones, but I guess that makes us all pretty special people (and all the other Poms in Oz!).

Totally agree. I wish that we could be together but unfortunately, like you, we have things keeping us apart at the moment. We've known each other 16 years, the day I meet him at the airport in Perth knowing that our lives are finally beginning together will be the best day of my life.

Please add mine - 25/3/15 lodged, CO LG...........

Looks like the seeker and croker are any day!!!! It's a tad surreal rooting for people you've never met/never will meet but have a common link with and actually care what happens!!!! :-)

I know! It's surreal (but very nice) for people to be rooting for us, too.

I really do hope that I get mine soon now; I think there have been two grants from 09/10/14 (same date as my application), so I'm champing at the bit at the minute! :wacko:

Hi

Can I ask what the actual process is for obtaining the grant? Do you get an email to say it is going through on a certain day because if you are in Oz on a tourist visa then you will have to make a sharp exit which could take a couple of days to organise........ :-)

Hi

Can I ask what the actual process is for obtaining the grant? Do you get an email to say it is going through on a certain day because if you are in Oz on a tourist visa then you will have to make a sharp exit which could take a couple of days to organise........ :-)

apparently your co will email you to say you will get your grant and if you are in Aus you have to leave the country for 3 working days and then come back in to activate it. On here alot of people seem to go to Bali and New Zealand

THAT'S IT, IT'S TODAY! :wink:

I've just received my grant email 5 minutes ago. YES! YES! YES!

Awesome! Many congratulations!

My wife emailed our CO this morning, letting her know that today marks ten months since lodging. Here's hoping some of your luck can wash over our way!