SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I had a missed call first, googled the number and saw it was from Australia House in London. Crapped myself, lol, called them back but they don't receive calls until 1pm. Checked my email then saw letter confirming appointed CO, OH, and asking for 2 Docs which I will get from Fiancee in Aus next month when I visit and saying not to apply for Police Checks and Medicals until Dec 11th 2015, even though I did them already. Oh well!!

I had 2 missed calls today, didn't recognise the number so didn't call it bk no voice mail or email tho maybe it wasn't them lol

Visa GRANTED... 9 months 2 weeks 6 days! To say I'm on cloud nine is an understatement! What a day. .. celebrated my little boys 2nd birthday yesterday and more celebrating to do tonight! Xx

:ssign19: OMG congratulations very happy for you and gives the rest of us some hope too. Fingers crossed that ours will be around the same time line as you x

Guest micman

Yikes, just realised I never did come back to this page and give you the update. Exactly 8 months and 2 days from application to visa grant thanks to Jenny at Ian Harrop associates who spoke to the very helpful case officer and managed to tie in the grant with a trip to New Zealand. We are now living on the Gold Coast and loving life round here.

As for work, it's a very slow and frustrating process trying to get our business info on to the right desks but we will just keep plugging away.

To say that this site was a help would be an understatement and we thank everyone who joined us on our long (and sometimes emotional roller-coaster) journey.

3 years, 2 rejections, one amazing lawyer (Nigel Dobbie) and Ian Harrop associates (that's 2 mentions now!) to sort out my wife's RRV and my subsequent spouse visa and here we are!

If anyone tells you that you're wasting your time, you won't be granted a visa, it's impossible please don't listen. Keep going, explore every pathway and it will happen.

Yes, waiting for this particular visa will be the longest 8 plus months of your life but, 8 months on from the grant, you'll wonder why you ever got so stressed!

Good luck to everyone and keep breathing!:twitcy:

To be honest, what we are doing tonight is telling our friends as we'd kept it a secret! Mixed emotions! [emoji16]

How on earth have you kept that secret!

Checked my email then saw letter confirming appointed CO, OH, and asking for 2 Docs which I will get from Fiancee in Aus next month when I visit and saying not to apply for Police Checks and Medicals until Dec 11th 2015, even though I did them already. Oh well!!

OH is my CO too, he's pretty good with keeping in touch.

To be honest, what we are doing tonight is telling our friends as we'd kept it a secret! Mixed emotions! [emoji16]

How on earth have you kept that secret!

Lol! You're not the only one Jaclyn!! We have only told immediate family and the friends who wrote declarations for us as part of our application. Neither of us have told anyone at work, as we didn't want it to affect any opportunities that might arise. It's been a hell of a secret to keep and at times difficult when people are making plans and sending out invites! I suspect most people will be shocked when we tell them, as they have just assumed we will always live in the UK!