SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Thank you for your replies guys. I called my CO and he said the wait is 9 months and that he will contact me if he needs to. An hour later i received the GRANT letter via email!!!! :) We are over the moon! Still cannot believe it!!

Excellent pleased for you. But is that just 6 months one week?

Hi there,

I'm new to this but so glad I found this forum! Here's my story... I sent off my application on Friday (15th Aug), was assigned a CO on the Monday. Have been informed to hold off on sending police checks and health checks until February. A little disappointed... I have recently returned to the UK from Melbourne for my sisters wedding and due to a damaged passport, and my previous student visa expiring, and a sequence of other events, had to apply from here. Now I am wondering if it is ok to return to Aus on a tourist visa to at least be with my husband(and dogs) while this visa is processing. I understand that I have to be out of the country when the visa is granted, but is it possible to stay on a tourist visa between now and then? It seems that you can come and go on a tourist visa every 3 months for up to 12 months, is this right? Any help would be appreciated!

Hi there MrsL!

I'm sorry to hear that they told you to wait until February for getting the police checks and medical done.. In the long run though at least it is covering you so they won't expire (I had all mine done early and then the waiting times extended!). The waiting sucks!

My partner and I have decided to go with the tourist visa in the meantime- I'm Australian and he is from the UK. We were originally looking at the three month one but instead were advised by a migration agent to go for the 12month tourist visa. It's a bit of a hassle as it's a whole application in itself but it's definitely worth it because it means he can stay there no worries until the partner visa comes through. We sent off copies (online) of the letter from the case officer saying when to expect the visa which for us will be 2-3 months after we arrive. The 12 month tourist visa just covers that extra ground and means you don't have to keep leaving. If they knock that one back though then at least you still have the 3 month one as an option.

You have to keep your CO updated on any tourist visas and travelling to Australia- you're already aware that you can't be in the country when you get the partner visa granted but they do give you a full week of notice before it's granted so you have a bit of time to leave.

You can't work on the tourist visa- so you will need proof of funds for financial support between you and your husband. You can still have medicare if you have a tax file number in Australia, but can't have contracts or study for more than three months.

Hope that helps a bit :)

Lauren x

Congratulations Wozziegirl and TheTipper! What a relief! Hope all goes well for the two of you.

just a quick question to those who have applied for subclass 300. When submitting your application you are required to prove that you have organised the wedding ceremony and provide proof.Which I've done, however the ceremony was supposed to happen on 23 of august. I naively thought we might get the grant, within the 6 months. Unfortunately, was not the case. So my question is should i call my CO and ask whether or not i need to book another date and provide proof. The wait is starting to have a negative effect on my mental state :(

You must have the same CO as me and my better half. The day our CO is back from leave is the 9 month mark for us!

Hi there MrsL!

I'm sorry to hear that they told you to wait until February for getting the police checks and medical done.. In the long run though at least it is covering you so they won't expire (I had all mine done early and then the waiting times extended!). The waiting sucks!

My partner and I have decided to go with the tourist visa in the meantime- I'm Australian and he is from the UK. We were originally looking at the three month one but instead were advised by a migration agent to go for the 12month tourist visa. It's a bit of a hassle as it's a whole application in itself but it's definitely worth it because it means he can stay there no worries until the partner visa comes through. We sent off copies (online) of the letter from the case officer saying when to expect the visa which for us will be 2-3 months after we arrive. The 12 month tourist visa just covers that extra ground and means you don't have to keep leaving. If they knock that one back though then at least you still have the 3 month one as an option.

You have to keep your CO updated on any tourist visas and travelling to Australia- you're already aware that you can't be in the country when you get the partner visa granted but they do give you a full week of notice before it's granted so you have a bit of time to leave.

You can't work on the tourist visa- so you will need proof of funds for financial support between you and your husband. You can still have medicare if you have a tax file number in Australia, but can't have contracts or study for more than three months.

Hope that helps a bit :)

Lauren x

Thanks so much for the reply. I'm planning on doing health/police checks in October as the longest wait I've been given is 14 months. This way even if it takes that long, they will all still be valid. I'm a pretty positive thinker and am trying to see this as happening for a reason.

Do you know much about the bond that the sponsor has to pay for the 12 month tourist visa? I read that it could be up to 15,000 AUD which isn't really an option for us at this point. If I go on the 3 month tourist visa, I'm planning on applying for a working holiday in NZ and spending some time there after my first 3 months is up. That way I get to see somewhere new, earn some money, and it's a lot easier for my husband to come over for a few days here and there than flying to the UK! If we had the option of him coming here for the processing time I think we'd do that but as this was unexpected it's not an option. Work, life, dogs to be taken care of!! It's tough as we only got married in March and his family isn't in Melbourne, so he's there alone at the moment.

Like I said though... it all happens for a reason. It's not always obvious exactly what that is straight away but it always shows itself eventually!!

x x x

Thanks so much for the reply. I'm planning on doing health/police checks in October as the longest wait I've been given is 14 months. This way even if it takes that long, they will all still be valid. I'm a pretty positive thinker and am trying to see this as happening for a reason.

Do you know much about the bond that the sponsor has to pay for the 12 month tourist visa? I read that it could be up to 15,000 AUD which isn't really an option for us at this point. If I go on the 3 month tourist visa, I'm planning on applying for a working holiday in NZ and spending some time there after my first 3 months is up. That way I get to see somewhere new, earn some money, and it's a lot easier for my husband to come over for a few days here and there than flying to the UK! If we had the option of him coming here for the processing time I think we'd do that but as this was unexpected it's not an option. Work, life, dogs to be taken care of!! It's tough as we only got married in March and his family isn't in Melbourne, so he's there alone at the moment.

Like I said though... it all happens for a reason. It's not always obvious exactly what that is straight away but it always shows itself eventually!!

x x x

Ahno that must be so hard to be away from him and your dogs :( Especially knowing he's there alone too! Sounds like a good plan to do the checks and medical in October. When we organised that 12 month tourist visa I was very wary of this bond that they said had to be paid but it was never once mentioned throughout the application and we had it granted within two days without any bond. The only fee we paid was the $AUD130 which is the set visa application fee. I don't know how much this bond option can vary in different circumstances. We sent an explanation with our tourist visa application and the letter from the case officer saying when the application for PMV was received and estimated to be due. We have to have bank statements with us when we arrive in case they ask to see any proof of finances and we have a folder with all our documentation in it regarding the visa applications for when we arrive. It's very normal for people to go over on tourist visas though so I think they just make it sounds a lot more complicated than it actually is. Looking for the working holiday sounds like a good idea for NZ.

Best of luck with everything :) x

Thank you for your replies guys. I called my CO and he said the wait is 9 months and that he will contact me if he needs to. An hour later i received the GRANT letter via email!!!! :) We are over the moon! Still cannot believe it!!

Well done there, Jen - welcome to the club!

I'm in the same boat Sandyp, mine returns on Friday so have my fingers crossed I might hear something then! Hope you do too. When did you apply?

19th of December, but it took us two months to get all the documents together, so closer to 11 months of waiting for us. Who is yourCO. I think ours is The same as TheEscapePlan

Edited by Sandyp
Stupidity

Hi jen do you have any idea why your application was granted early? I have been quoted th 8-9 months for my pmv like you. Do you think it helped applying online?

19th of December, but it took us two months to get all the documents together, so closer to 11 months of waiting for us. Who is your CO. I think ours is The same as TheEscapePlan

Yeh took us a while too, wanted to get it right first time. I've been back for over 12 months now. My boyfriend has managed to come over for two 3 week visits, just looking forward to getting back to a normal life! Is your partner still in Australia or here with you? My CO is KP.

Yeh took us a while too, wanted to get it right first time. I've been back for over 12 months now. My boyfriend has managed to come over for two 3 week visits, just looking forward to getting back to a normal life! Is your partner still in Australia or here with you? My CO is KP.

I am a dual national and live with my husband in (sunny) Essex. He is Lancasterian. Can't wait to go ...there are really good deals to melbourne on 21st-23rd October from stansted.

Edited by Sandyp

Wow so happy for everyone who's grants are coming through!! It is 7 months on Wednesday for us... I thought that the time would drag but it has actually flown by.

My CO is DP does anyone else have them??

My partner and I were just discussing last night when the best time would be to inquire on the application status, is it best to wait until the 9 month mark or could we send off closer to the 8 month mark as the letter does say 8-9 months.

I really want to be home by December 5th as my extended family have a weekend booked in Nelsons Bay, it would be so great to go as I haven't been home in 5 years!!

Fingers crossed for a prompt grant!

TBH I'd not worry about it and just leave it till the timeframe is (pretty much) up. But that is me. I was told 8-9 months and left them alone and my visa was granted. Plenty of people like to give them a nudge but quite often are given short shift and grant doesn't happen still for a while and closer to the 9 months than 8. Some find a grant may follow. There is no pattern so I don't try to second guess. Also not all Co work full time and are only in the office 2-3 days a week or part days.

Newer applications being lodged are not being given the CO's direct email but a general one so all enquiries like this don't get dealt with by the CO.

Edited by Guest